SWFC to re-sign Jack Hunt

Guest Kagoshimaowl

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The example you just bumped happens to every player. 

lol

Fooooook off with that nonsense

"Jack Hunt was booed by our fans last time he was here"
"No he wasn't"
*bumps post showing Hunt got booed*
*that doesn't count - it happens to every player*

GET AAAAAADAR HERE

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

For me it's not a question of if he's good enough, he probably is for L1.

But so is Palmer. They're similar ages, with similar stats who will probably be on similar wages - if not then Hunt will probably be on more.

We've just had a clear out this summer and last of squad members who were on too high wages for what we needed. It took us about 2/3 years to get to a point where we could. People have been understandably moaning about it for ages.

So the first chance we get to sign somebody we're going to sign someone who isn't much of an upgrade, in a position where we are fine, on first team wages? I just cant get my head around it.

If Palmer goes, yes please bring him in, he will be decent at this level. But if he's going to eat into budget when we don't need him then we have been doing that since DC has been here, and it hasn't worked.

If you look back through the Jack Hunt threads you'll see people saying Palmer should have been started ahead of Jack Hunt

But the usual hate deniers will deny THAT happened too

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I think if you do bump a thread from when Hunt left most people would be saying that Palmer isn't good enough and we need a replacement.

That's not what we're discussing as you well know

Nice try on the deflection though now I've proved everyone denying it that Hunt WAS booed and jeered by our fans 

Owlstalk Shop

lol

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Fooooook off with that nonsense

"Jack Hunt was booed by our fans last time he was here"
"No he wasn't"
*bumps post showing Hunt got booed*
*that doesn't count - it happens to every player*

GET AAAAAADAR HERE

Not sure what you’re trying to get at here. 

The way you’re going off is as if Hunt was booed every week and all fans wanted him gone. But I think for balance, some didn’t rate him and thought we needed better. And some actually thought he was decent.

When we sold Hunt, I naively thought we’d replace him with someone better. But we didn’t and it’s quickly emerged over the past 3/4 years that Chansiri didn’t have the funds, experience or ability to keep the club challenging towards the top of the Championship. 

Since Hunt left we have a squad completely unbalanced, unmotivated and lacking in numbers. We’re also now in a League below.

For context Hunt would be a solid signing in the circumstances. And that’s fine! Even if some bloke booed him once at an away game in 2016.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

For me it's not a question of if he's good enough, he probably is for L1.

But so is Palmer. They're similar ages, with similar stats who will probably be on similar wages - if not then Hunt will probably be on more.

We've just had a clear out this summer and last of squad members who were on too high wages for what we needed. It took us about 2/3 years to get to a point where we could. People have been understandably moaning about it for ages.

So the first chance we get to sign somebody we're going to sign someone who isn't much of an upgrade, in a position where we are fine, on first team wages? I just cant get my head around it.

If Palmer goes, yes please bring him in, he will be decent at this level. But if he's going to eat into budget when we don't need him then we have been doing that since DC has been here, and it hasn't worked.

agreed it would be a stupid buy when we have Palmer. We. We’d to invest in other areas of the team 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

And I'd post

"hang on a minute? last time Fox was here you all booed him and posted how crap he was"

Then we'd get "Eh? Who posted how bad he was? I don't remember that happening"

(Because we all know that saying 'I don't remember that happening' will make us all forget)

Then we'd get "Nobody ever booed him or posted how crap he was??"

etc etc

Then I'd have to bump the topics and posts where he did, only for someone to then bump a load of topics / posts where he got praised, and so on and so on

It's so painful

I know he got booed and people posted saying he was crap
THEY know he got booed and people posted saying he was crap
WE ALL KNOW he got booed and people posted saying he was crap

But it's 2021

And in 2021 people just post 'Eh? That didn't happen? I don't ever remember that happening?' (when they DID remember it really) 

Absolutely nuts and a total waste of time because every single time we can just find the posts where people booed and posted that he was crap

lol

Well I liked him

On 19/07/2021 at 11:12, @owlstalk said:

Hang on Hang on...

Stop the thread for a moment..

For those saying it’s a no brainer can you explain it please?

When he was here last time everyone slated him

When he left everyone was mocking how bad he was at his new club

So how is he now a no brainer??

‘Everyone slated him’

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

‘Everyone slated him’

See what you're doing here is trying to deflect everyone away from the point (which is accurate and true) and trying to pick up on a semantic point and running with that

Doesn't work mate - try another tactic 

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, whatdial said:

agreed it would be a stupid buy when we have Palmer. We. We’d to invest in other areas of the team 

Not if we can’t find another left back who we deem good enough.

Hunt comes as right back and Palmer can play left. 

It’s going to be the Wednesday way anyway. We all debate it, people say we shouldn’t sign him, not good enough, wrong type signing etc…

Then signs for someone in the Championship on double the money we offered.

He's only 30.

He's played most of his time in the Champ but has experience of League One.

He's been here before, knows the place, crowd, some of the players and he's a good pro who would have likely been on the radar of a few Champ clubs.

If any other club in League One had picked him up, we'd have been saying what a good signing.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 7