ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs 🇮🇹 ITALY - EUROS FINAL - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Exactly.. pleased if we win. If we lose, please let it be because we’ve gone toe to toe and being outplayed having tried to win the game with our attacking players, and not go out with a damp squib having played 8 defensive players.

As for Southgate, the last 2 tournaments the only great result is beating Germany at home. The other results are all basically par for the course, and if anything we disappointed vs Belgium and Croatia last time. Allardyce would have got the same results I think. If he can turn Italy over tomorrow though will upgrade my opinion of him.

Allardyce lol 

8 hours ago, Errol Flashman said:

"I want to send my congratulations and that of my family to you all on reaching the final of the European Championships, and send my good wishes for tomorrow with the hope that history will record not only your success but also the spirit, commitment and pride with which you have conducted yourselves."

image.png.5886d05c12470c61febe889012a637b4.png

I never imagined you'd look like that or that all your stories in the DR were actually from Windsor Castle

6 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I love the extremes, from those that give no credit to Southgate or the players to those that say nobody could do any wrong.

I'm sure my view is in the minority and I'm not overly worried how it's perceived because Wednesday are far more important to me than England, but I think Southgate's done a great job but he's not something that means I should be "eternally grateful" to him for, whether we win or lose. He's had at his disposal a squad full of Champions League final experience (or similar) and we've played the competition at home. In all his time in charge of England he's had a few big matches, but the biggest before Sunday was Croatia and we lost that with a better team on paper.  He's chosen a safety first approach and we have just got through a few games that could have gone either way.  The 4 semi final teams were all teams that played games at "home" (is that a coincidence) and we played more home games than any other side, so our schedule, our home advantage and our side of the draw have all worked in our favour. 

We are more of a Mourinho type side than a Guardiolo and I'd love it if we won on Sunday then strived to become more expansive in the next few years with the talent we have at our disposal and really scare opponents. 

Honestly with that view you should be banned from watching and excluded from England matches in person and on TV and Radio 

You just don’t deserve this final with views like that

Pessimism and ‘yeah but….’ when trying to find reasons NOT to be in total admiration for what is happening and is getting into our first final since 1966 where others haven’t  - that’s a total disgrace 

(no offence like 🤣)

Ps please don’t reply to me until at least the day after the match because I’m 100% going to enjoy today in every little way possible without anyone chirping in my ear or posting on here to tell my why I shouldnt 

COME ON ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

As for Southgate, the last 2 tournaments the only great result is beating Germany at home. The other results are all basically par for the course, and if anything we disappointed vs Belgium and Croatia last time. Allardyce would have got the same results I think. If he can turn Italy over tomorrow though will upgrade my opinion of him.

Please see my last post 

And I’m sure he’s absolutely bricking himself in case you don’t ‘upgrade your opinion of him’ ffs

I want us to win this match even more now I’ve read you two last posters and can see you're both sat there in your underpants trying to dismiss all this amazing achievement 

COME ON ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

After reading a few negative posts, I think some need to step back and realise England are in a final.

Most on here would not have been born in 66. So just  enjoy the day, the build-up and hopefully the game.

Tomorrow we may talk about the what it's but for now I'm going make the most of today.

Come on England.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Been since 5 working trying to keep myself busy. 

Train at 9 from harrogate down to london. 

#itscominghome

Enjoy mate..

1 hour ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Been since 5 working trying to keep myself busy. 

Train at 9 from harrogate down to london. 

#itscominghome

Enjoy mate..

9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Exactly.. pleased if we win. If we lose, please let it be because we’ve gone toe to toe and being outplayed having tried to win the game with our attacking players, and not go out with a damp squib having played 8 defensive players.

The fact you're on the record that Southgate only has the job because he's "politically correct" shows the world what a twaddle you are lol

• Love 1

Well despite the 7am start here, im getting really excited about a game for the first time since the 2016 play off final.  We've been so starved of success as club supporters the timing of this excellent england team coming together couldn't be better. 

Really proud to be English and I know there's thousands of English folk like me arising early, driving to the pub in the dark, sinking a coffee first half then beer at 8am when they are allowed to serve.

Let's hope the players seize the moment and become legends through the ages.

Come on England. We can do this!! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Honestly, you should see if you can somehow monetize these crap posts you make. 

You'd make a fortune.