ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs 🇮🇹 ITALY - EUROS FINAL - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

I'm one hundred per cent totally behind Gareth Southgate with his team selections and tactics. His shrewd analysis of the modern game and opponents has enabled us to be where we are tonight and he deserves credit for that. He seems to have created a real team spirit without isolating those not selected and that isn't easy. Let's put our trust in all of them and look forward to a fantastic England win.

WE CAN 

WE WILL

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Exactly.. pleased if we win. If we lose, please let it be because we’ve gone toe to toe and being outplayed having tried to win the game with our attacking players, and not go out with a damp squib having played 8 defensive players.

As for Southgate, the last 2 tournaments the only great result is beating Germany at home. The other results are all basically par for the course, and if anything we disappointed vs Belgium and Croatia last time. Allardyce would have got the same results I think. If he can turn Italy over tomorrow though will upgrade my opinion of him.

I really don't understand how you can have a downer on Southgate now

• Love 1

3 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

Ready for the game 

lots of owls flags 

B14BEFAD-7E57-4302-8BF1-38DFB27D08B1.jpeg

Nice one

But did the kids mum give you a bollocking for photobombing his souvenir picture at Wembley that was gonna last him a lifetime

lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

I really don't understand how you can have a downer on Southgate now

Thoroughly nice guy is Gareth. Everyone has their opinion on who should be in the team, tactics or brand of football but I’ve got to say he’s our best manager for decades in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Thoroughly nice guy is Gareth. Everyone has their opinion on who should be in the team, tactics or brand of football but I’ve got to say he’s our best manager for decades in my opinion. 

One Semi and a Final, currently second best England manager of all time and ultimately will be Sir Gareth Southgate unless the Royals hold the Pizza Hut advert against him lol

• Haha 1

Some trusted jouno's on Twitter saying it's getting pretty dicey out there,  huge crowds drunken crowds in the streets, atmosphere turning..still 3 hours to kick off.

Think most will be asleep or clashing with fans that have paced themselves or are just going to the game by yhe sounds of it. 

Hope the game is the main story tomorrow.  

32 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Some trusted jouno's on Twitter saying it's getting pretty dicey out there,  huge crowds drunken crowds in the streets, atmosphere turning..still 3 hours to kick off.

Think most will be asleep or clashing with fans that have paced themselves or are just going to the game by yhe sounds of it. 

Hope the game is the main story tomorrow.  

Looks like a few ******** heads in Leicester Square. That said, certain Helen Lovejoy type journos always seem ready to get indignant about England fans having a laugh. 

9 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

Just a point,but it's coming home was sung originally for the world cup in 96,this is the European championship,not the world cup.so why do we sing it when it doesn't apply to the right tournament.uto.

Good point 

We should ban singing 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

I don’t get why everyone’s piling in the pubs. Surely it’s better watching it at home with mates/ family with a few crates. Guaranteed an actual good view of the game and no one pouring beer all over you. That’s what I’ll be doing anyway! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

Just a point,but it's coming home was sung originally for the world cup in 96,this is the European championship,not the world cup.so why do we sing it when it doesn't apply to the right tournament.uto.

13 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Euro 96 mate 🤣🤣🤣

Started early on the Ale down  in the southwest

• Haha 1