ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs 🇮🇹 ITALY - EUROS FINAL - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think they have a little too much for us, to much guile and experience if we beat them, we can truly say we are the Champions of Europe.

If it was at neutral ground I wouldn't bet on us, but having home advantage will be a major advantage and could sway the game in our favour. 

The key for me is not go down by a goal to them, I can't see us been able to unlock their defence if they park the bus.  It's going to be very interesting game tactically wise.  

Something we've not done is have a crack from distance. I'd like to see a bit of that in the first half especially , with Sterling and Saka charging in for any rebound. 

We won't win on pens. Please don't go to pens. No pens please. 

SAYNOTOPENS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buck Rogers said:

We're going to smash them and be out of sight by half time.

We're the new Germany.

Cool

Composed

Efficient 

We play as a team. No egos.

We're going to make the world sit up and take note on Sunday like when Germany tore up Brazil 7-1.

You've just made it go to pens and we miss the lot.

Thanks.

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Italian press are rattled.

They're getting their headlines prepared for disappointment.

I think they're a bit concerned about facing this England team at Wembley and their insecurity is showing.

Embarrassing the amount of moaning and whinging this week 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

On a sad note, sorry to hear about the passing of Paul Mariner has at 68.

I always liked watching him, a great player for Plymouth,.Ipswich and England.

Let's hope the boys can win tomorrow for him. RIP.

Sad news

As a kid I thought he looked like Inspector Gadget

Owlstalk Shop

On 09/07/2021 at 14:56, Tommy Crawshaw said:

We'll just have to disagree. After the first 10 mins they were starting to boss midfield. We were getting overrun there and Phillips, good player that he was looking lost.

Rice was everywhere but I thought Phillips went missing.

He looked better later when then Danes were tiring and Henderson was on.

Yea I think Rice is just the better player. Phillips is very good and played a blinder against Croatia, but I expect Rice will be a key man at at top top club one day. 

• Like 1

"I want to send my congratulations and that of my family to you all on reaching the final of the European Championships, and send my good wishes for tomorrow with the hope that history will record not only your success but also the spirit, commitment and pride with which you have conducted yourselves."

image.png.5886d05c12470c61febe889012a637b4.png

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

I will be taking the Wednesday flag with me 

lots of Wednesday we’re down there on Wednesday eve and I saw a couple at the Spain v Italy game too sat behind me 

wawaw !! 
at least it’s a break from the negative we’re having at the moment 

Thought I'd grown immune to this now, but they've reeled me back in, the b*stards.

Since the semi final, I've been thinking it'd be nice if we won, but we've had a good tournament regardless of the result.

Now it's within touching distance, I'm a nervous wreck, just want the game to start now

6 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Thought I'd grown immune to this now, but they've reeled me back in, the b*stards.

Since the semi final, I've been thinking it'd be nice if we won, but we've had a good tournament regardless of the result.

Now it's within touching distance, I'm a nervous wreck, just want the game to start now

The wall...its down to us now and fingers crossed it's our turn to win something. 

I trust Southgate

I trust the determination, team spirit and  attitude of every single one of our players 

If we win I will be absolutely stoked and every one of these players, coaches and Southgate deserve our eternal grateful thanks, love and absolute respect 

If we LOSE however I will still absolutely completely proud of them and every one of these players, coaches and Southgate STILL deserve our eternal grateful thanks, love and absolute respect 

If we get beat, if a player makes mistakes and costs us the game, if Southgate makes a dodgy substitution I for one won’t be going on social media calling him crap, calling them all f¥$€ing sh+t and saying they’re all rubbish

And nor should you

This group has taken everything we hated about England, thrown it all in the bin and started fresh to give us massive hope and ambition for future successes

And if you see anyone slating any of these players or Southgate for any reason tomorrow night after the game you should call them out, and tell them to SHUT THE FOOOOOOOK UP 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I trust Southgate

I trust the determination, team spirit and  attitude of every single one of our players 

If we win I will be absolutely stoked and every one of these players, coaches and Southgate deserve our eternal grateful thanks, love and absolute respect 

If we LOSE however I will still absolutely completely proud of them and every one of these players, coaches and Southgate STILL deserve our eternal grateful thanks, love and absolute respect 

If we get beat, if a player makes mistakes and costs us the game, if Southgate makes a dodgy substitution I for one won’t be going on social media calling him crap, calling them all f¥$€ing sh+t and saying they’re all rubbish

And nor should you

This group has taken everything we hated about England, thrown it all in the bin and started fresh to give us massive hope and ambition for future successes

And if you see anyone slating any of these players or Southgate for any reason tomorrow night after the game you should call them out, and tell them to SHUT THE FOOOOOOOK UP 

I love the extremes, from those that give no credit to Southgate or the players to those that say nobody could do any wrong.

I'm sure my view is in the minority and I'm not overly worried how it's perceived because Wednesday are far more important to me than England, but I think Southgate's done a great job but he's not something that means I should be "eternally grateful" to him for, whether we win or lose. He's had at his disposal a squad full of Champions League final experience (or similar) and we've played the competition at home. In all his time in charge of England he's had a few big matches, but the biggest before Sunday was Croatia and we lost that with a better team on paper.  He's chosen a safety first approach and we have just got through a few games that could have gone either way.  The 4 semi final teams were all teams that played games at "home" (is that a coincidence) and we played more home games than any other side, so our schedule, our home advantage and our side of the draw have all worked in our favour. 

We are more of a Mourinho type side than a Guardiolo and I'd love it if we won on Sunday then strived to become more expansive in the next few years with the talent we have at our disposal and really scare opponents. 

Guest LondonOwl313
41 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I love the extremes, from those that give no credit to Southgate or the players to those that say nobody could do any wrong.

I'm sure my view is in the minority and I'm not overly worried how it's perceived because Wednesday are far more important to me than England, but I think Southgate's done a great job but he's not something that means I should be "eternally grateful" to him for, whether we win or lose. He's had at his disposal a squad full of Champions League final experience (or similar) and we've played the competition at home. In all his time in charge of England he's had a few big matches, but the biggest before Sunday was Croatia and we lost that with a better team on paper.  He's chosen a safety first approach and we have just got through a few games that could have gone either way.  The 4 semi final teams were all teams that played games at "home" (is that a coincidence) and we played more home games than any other side, so our schedule, our home advantage and our side of the draw have all worked in our favour. 

We are more of a Mourinho type side than a Guardiolo and I'd love it if we won on Sunday then strived to become more expansive in the next few years with the talent we have at our disposal and really scare opponents. 

Exactly.. pleased if we win. If we lose, please let it be because we’ve gone toe to toe and being outplayed having tried to win the game with our attacking players, and not go out with a damp squib having played 8 defensive players.

As for Southgate, the last 2 tournaments the only great result is beating Germany at home. The other results are all basically par for the course, and if anything we disappointed vs Belgium and Croatia last time. Allardyce would have got the same results I think. If he can turn Italy over tomorrow though will upgrade my opinion of him.