ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs 🇮🇹 ITALY - EUROS FINAL - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

I have always enjoyed watching Italy since being a kid and with England often either not making the Euro/World cup finals, or going out early, they were usually my second team. I think the Italian teams usually play with a certain amount of style and panache and always have at least one legendary player in the team. They also like to show lots of passion, effort and stamina, which is ok when you have a lot of good young players, but I am hoping that the high levels of passion, effort and stamina that they have put in so far, is starting to show. I think the tough games they have had were already starting to show a bit against Belgium and more so against Spain, who have not been very impressive themselves apart from coming a close second to Italy.

I agree with others on here and would rather see us take the lead, but if we can get into the second half on level terms I think we will see them off hopefully in the second half. I think our fast young players should start the game and hopefully be enough to counteract the threat of Imagine, Chiesa and co early on and then hopefully our younger team will have enough quality to see it out, with older players coming on to hold out at the end. I would put Reece James and Sancho down the right to keep Insigne quiet, but Gareth has been picking the teams well up to now and hopefully has a game plan against the Italians.

COME ON INGERLAND!

10 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

Message to all:

Enjoy the build-up, enjoy the whole of Sunday before the game. It will be a new experience for the majority of us. Bask in the glory of being in the main event for once. 

Thanks 

hadn’t realised that 

UTE 

• Haha 1

And hopefully Pickford improves his kicking. Shot stopping is superb but distribution sometimes a bit iffy. 

I think we will win 2-1 in extra time. 

King Harry to score winner. 

1 hour ago, A47Owl said:

Henderson for Philips is the only change I would make. He is vastly more experienced in big games. And this is HUGE. He's also a leader on the pitch. 

I would definitely have Henderson in the team.

I just think we are a better more balanced team with him in it.

He is a leader and has the experience to deal with such a high pressure game.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I have no opinion on the starting lineup or suggestions

Why?

Because as he's proven time and time and time again Gareth Southgate knows best  

Just trust Southgate and enjoy it

To have an opinion is allowed. Southgate will take no notice of anything anybody says and rightly so. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

In the small time Henderson has been on the pitch he’s given the ball away more than Rice and Phillips (who both have started every game) combined.

Rice has recovered the ball more times than he’s misplaced a pass and Phillips has more ball recoveries than any other player in the tournament (and 2nd more distance covered).

Henderson is a good player but has offered nothing (bar the headed goal) so far, whereas Rice and Phillips have been massively instrumental in our progression (and us not conceding a single goal in open play)

It would be criminal and short sighted to replace either of the DM’s with Henderson

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Exactly.. we looked miles better with Henderson, Foden and Grealish on and that’s when we got the winner. But apparently because we got through it means that the first 11 he picked was perfect and couldn’t have been improved upon