ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs 🇮🇹 ITALY - EUROS FINAL - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

47 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Can't see whatever side he picks will worry the Italians if they play to the best of their ability, we have little chance. 

We need to be at the very top of our game to get a win, we still lack true quality in all positions and Pickford especially is the glaring weakness in the side, he looked a bag of nerves to me the other night, maybe the occasion got to him.

The saving grace is that we have home advantage and that could be a game changer.

Sterling and Saka surely won't get the same freedom as they were allowed against Denmark. 

It's going to a be a chess match.

Is there another tournament going on at the same time that you are watching?

• Like 1

Henderson back in for me, we must match up and disrupt that Italian midfield trio of Veratti, Jorginho and Barella. 

I was content to reach the final but in light of the anti Englishness of the European press I’m now desperate to rub noses in it…….

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Henderson back in for me, we must match up and disrupt that Italian midfield trio of Veratti, Jorginho and Barella. 

I was content to reach the final but in light of the anti Englishness of the European press I’m now desperate to rub noses in it…….

Hopefully we will and open top bus to rub it in even more.

It’s always been my dream to see England in a major final and that’s about to be realised for me anything beyond that is a bonus (albeit a huge one) the Italians have looked like the team to beat this entire tournament (with some shaky moments) and that continues, the last time we played them in a tournament we were subject to an Andrea Pirlo masterclass and defeated, if we can keep our heads and not get rattled like we did first half v Denmark we could win this.

Should be a fantastic occasion.

2 hours ago, toppOwl said:

It’s always been my dream to see England in a major final and that’s about to be realised for me anything beyond that is a bonus (albeit a huge one) the Italians have looked like the team to beat this entire tournament (with some shaky moments) and that continues, the last time we played them in a tournament we were subject to an Andrea Pirlo masterclass and defeated, if we can keep our heads and not get rattled like we did first half v Denmark we could win this.

Should be a fantastic occasion.

Didn’t realise Italy hasn’t won the Euros since ‘68

55 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Didn’t realise Italy hasn’t won the Euros since ‘68

Neither did I, it’s often been regarded as a more difficult tournament to win than the WC (less so now it has more teams in it) take Euro ‘96 out of the equation and England have a poor record in it.

The Italian press continues to accuse us of cheating and indeed insinuating that Uefa is cheating on our behalf. 

Coming from Italians, that's richer than Jeff Bezos. 

I do worry about their diving and antics and I hope our players are fully aware of the need for a calm English performance. 

They've been great in this tournament though weren't the best team against Spain and are a little too ********-sure. 

I think ultimately we'll have a little too much for them in 90 minutes. 

Get at them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

The Italian press continues to accuse us of cheating and indeed insinuating that Uefa is cheating on our behalf. 

Coming from Italians, that's richer than Jeff Bezos. 

I do worry about their diving and antics and I hope our players are fully aware of the need for a calm English performance. 

They've been great in this tournament though weren't the best team against Spain and are a little too ********-sure. 

I think ultimately we'll have a little too much for them in 90 minutes. 

Get at them. 

Think they have a little too much for us, to much guile and experience if we beat them, we can truly say we are the Champions of Europe.

If it was at neutral ground I wouldn't bet on us, but having home advantage will be a major advantage and could sway the game in our favour. 

The key for me is not go down by a goal to them, I can't see us been able to unlock their defence if they park the bus.  It's going to be very interesting game tactically wise.