ENGLAND 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs 🇮🇹 ITALY - EUROS FINAL - Official Matchday Thread ⚽️

2 hours ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I was hoping it would be Spain. I cannot bare to watch Italy again, spending as much time as possible diving and rolling around. It won't be much fun for us

What should happen is that the first time one of their players tries it all our players should run up and circle him and then do a diving motion to take the pee out of him and show the referee he's diving

Then do it each and every time

Just surround them and do a diving motion

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Playing Italy should be accompanied with a warning sign "Watch out for falling objects".

Italy this Championship strikes me as a shadow of the old classic Italian side that had a solid wall defence and struck hard and precisely on counter attacks with numbers, controlling play when they wanted.

When Spain scored against them, Morata and the other guy cut them completely open straight down the middle. Two passes and straight through 5 players or so, and they didn't ever really threaten Spain. Penalty shootout is bingo so they were lucky to advance.

Here's hoping England end their long wait and win their first European Championship!!

Guest timrud
5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

E5xXyv4WQAcomJJ.jpg

Where are those prices from? I bought a Cat 1 ticket from UEFA and I didn't pay anywhere near that

On a more cheerful note if anyone else is going down and fancies meeting up, we will be in the BoxPark at Wembley from 4pm

29 minutes ago, timrud said:

Where are those prices from? I bought a Cat 1 ticket from UEFA and I didn't pay anywhere near that

On a more cheerful note if anyone else is going down and fancies meeting up, we will be in the BoxPark at Wembley from 4pm

Not sure - must be secondary ticketing touts

Someone (radio / podcast presenter) tweeted it earlier

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I was hoping it would be Spain. I cannot bare to watch Italy again, spending as much time as possible diving and rolling around. It won't be much fun for us

I think they’ve played some of the best football in this tournament and haven’t dived as much as many of the other teams. Not like vintage Italy anyway 

Guest timrud
34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure - must be secondary ticketing touts

Someone (radio / podcast presenter) tweeted it earlier

Crazy prices! The face value is disgusting enough

Guest OwlPastie

It's gonna be a very difficult game. I feel Italy are stronger than us defensively with Donarumma and their two iconic centre halves. 

But in midfield and attack I'd say we are much stronger, and with more options on the bench. They've been to extra time twice, that could turn out to be a big factor should the game drag out. Just look at how Denmark were out on their feet yesterday. 

A very tense 0-0 but England sealing the victory in extra time 2-0, Kane and Sancho on as a sub. 

My god there’s some unbelievable levels of hypocrisy in the European press this morning……the resentment even reached here.

Initially it annoyed me but now it’s adding a little extra gloss to yesterday’s result.

I think we are better than them in most areas, we have got better as the tournament has gone on, I don't see that they have. Austria could have beaten them with a little self belief, they played well in the first half against Belgium but hung on in the second half and Spain battered them. We have gone behind and come back to win and they haven't had to do that yet so we can have confidence in that. This isn't the old England team that used to let us down, its a new more improved group.

• Like 1