LEAGUE 1 FINAL PLACES PREDICTION !

2 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

What’s the lowest we have finished before?, I predict worse than that. We will

lose our best players, might still have another points deduction from our friends at the EFL , still be stuck with DC , have our lowest average attendances, . 

I don’t think we have hit rock bottom yet , success for me will be if we still have a club this time next year! 

Our first seasons the past two times: 

2003-4 16th  P46  W13  D14  L19  GF 48  GA 64  Pts 53   If that was last season in League 1 (Division 3) we would have finished 18th, 6 points of relegation.

2010-11 15th  P46  W16  D10  L20  GF 67  GA 67  Pts 58   If that was last season we would have finished 16th, 11 points of relegation.

The lowest we finished was in 1975-76 which was 20th  P46  W12  D16  L18  GF 48  GA 59  Pts 40   With it being 2 points for a win then, I'll look at how many points of relegation we were then. 1 point of relegation. If we apply 3 points for a win and compare it to last season we would have had 52 points and finished 19th, 5 points of relegation.

I'll predict 17th or 21st (relegation) then.lolThough I'm sure DC will be predicting 1st.:Chansiri: 

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

I’d take 20th in League One right now.

The DC era has well and truly f*cked us.

We’re a joke in almost every department.

The only thing to be proud of, about SWFC right now, is our fan base.

The fan base? 🤣We’re part of the problem.

Waits for DC’s critics to jump on this post 😖

It’s impossible to predict right now.

We have no idea what the squad will look like or if we will be facing a points deduction. I think that’s a distinct possibility and if we are deducted points our season will be about survival. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Without (at least) half a dozen decent signings, this squad will be treading water.

That is unless some of the youngsters can truly step up

And they will - we only have to have faith in them 

6 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

Be surprised if we ever see such disparity between answers as we will this s

Be surprised if we ever see such disparity between answers as we will this summer.

I remain on the optimistic side for now (even though history tells me I probably shouldn’t).

In Moore, we have a really likeable manager who knows the division really well and who players want to play for. In Bannon, Iorfa, Windass & Luongo we have players who are far, far too good for this league if still here and fit (big if). 

Players like Palmer, Green, Paterson should also drop down to this level with an air of confidence that they should be top, top players in this league.

We’re of course 5/6 signings away from a decent squad but hopefully the good news over the last few days shows we’re moving in the right direction.

I’ll go with 2nd.

• Like 1

As things currently stand, with no new players in, I would doubt we could finish higher than lower mid-table. I think the squad is mentally weak due to all the commotion of the last few seasons.

If we lose Windass, and don't replace him with someone with equal pace and a no-fear attitude, we could end up towards the bottom end of the league. If we don't get in some attack-minded wide players, with a footballing brain, we will have little on the supply front. We need a new 1st choice 'keeper, a new left back and a couple of midfielders as well as at least one additional forward player. It's a big ask to get all that right.

• Like 1

I'm unconcerned with the top end of the table because that'll be something that won't involve us. 

The reports of the wages all finally being paid are positive, but I wonder if that has come after pressure from the players, PFA and EFL.

Until I'm convinced that Chansiri has access to regular funds to run the club adequately (in a financial sense at least) then I can't see anything other than 24th.

I just hope I can confidently change my mind over the next few weeks when we start putting a new squad together. 

• Like 1