14 hours ago, Jim said:

Ok then. I’ll bite. Everyone and their auntie on here complains about our recruitment record but you’re going to tell me even though Downes is the head of recruitment he’s not responsible for how bad we are so it just like Monk as Manager wasn’t responsible for the utter sh!tshow of results that we endured in his last 11 months in charge at the club? 🤣

GM,TP,DM,+ the stand in's............none could effect the 'shitshow' mate.....whats the common denominator??

Not the managers is it? The saviour' Bruce couldnt get us even to the play offs could he?...

15 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Head of Recruitment to be given more responsibility for recruitment. Whatever next?

Round peg in a round hole at last.

Bring people in to do a job and let them get on with it. It's a revolutionary idea at Hillsborough.

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

O.k, we shall work on his role as advisor.

Based on the facts, pure facts.
Now, if chansiri doesn't listen, then that makes no odds.
It is his job as a professional advisor, to get that message across. If, he can't, then he is not good enough.

So, based on the facts

Untitled.png.0f287f706f2910600a2fb89c7f67a45f.png

Now, what do you think ?

3 hours ago, Green Calx said:

I'm sure I saw something recently that made out that he's actually quite well liked at SWFC but if he's the one that has been advising clueless boy all this time look where its got us. Relegated and not a pot to ******** in and now the money has dried up he's disappearing. 

He is meant to be well liked, from what I've read and heard. And whilst I agree with both of you regarding the fact he is meant to be advising, you can only do so much with Chansiri. I'm certainly not defending the guy because I don't know exactly what is going on, but what I've read and heard is that he is basically sat between Chansiri and the players and is trying his upmost to appease both sides.

As for him being good enough, or not good enough, again we don't know exactly what it is he is doing in his role. We just speculate and because he has been seen on numerous occasions with Chansiri, we are jumping to conclusions whilst looking for someone else to pin the blame on. From what I've read, he is meant to be highly respected in the world of football.

Ultimately all decisions stop and start with Chansiri. He is the one making the mistakes with or without the advice of others. That is the fact of the matter.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Paxo is going  nowhere you fools.

Certainly not to bank, on free transfer commissions and Solihull striker.

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s thought that, as negotiations regarding next season’s squad continue, it is Darren Moore and the club’s Head of Recruitment, David Downes, who are spearheading the rebuild at S6 following relegation into League One.

As we’re under embargo and players still awaiting wages it means bugger all cos we won’t be signing anyone. Head of recruitment at SWFC must be the most frustrating job in football.

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

He is meant to be well liked, from what I've read and heard. And whilst I agree with both of you regarding the fact he is meant to be advising, you can only do so much with Chansiri. I'm certainly not defending the guy because I don't know exactly what is going on, but what I've read and heard is that he is basically sat between Chansiri and the players and is trying his upmost to appease both sides.

As for him being good enough, or not good enough, again we don't know exactly what it is he is doing in his role. We just speculate and because he has been seen on numerous occasions with Chansiri, we are jumping to conclusions whilst looking for someone else to pin the blame on. From what I've read, he is meant to be highly respected in the world of football.

Ultimately all decisions stop and start with Chansiri. He is the one making the mistakes with or without the advice of others. That is the fact of the matter.

If paxo was an employee only..... He would have been sacked. 

• Love 1