Chansiri let the conspiracy theories run wild with Paxaio by refusing to disclose what he actually did/does 

I think there’s a fair chance Paxaio has stepped back of his own accord,  it’s all well and good slamming the bloke but absolutely nobody has any proof of what he is , or was responsible for 

Joe Crann was called a happy clapper on social media earlier for mentioning AP possibly gets unfair criticism

57 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Chansiri let the conspiracy theories run wild with Paxaio by refusing to disclose what he actually did/does 

I think there’s a fair chance Paxaio has stepped back of his own accord,  it’s all well and good slamming the bloke but absolutely nobody has any proof of what he is , or was responsible for 

Joe Crann was called a happy clapper on social media earlier for mentioning AP possibly gets unfair criticism

Chansiri said he was his personal and club advisor and a key part of the transfer committee. Bruce described him as part of the fabric of the club. It is our transfer, wages and player retention decisions that have left us where we are now.

If he was successful in whatever he has been employed to do I am sure we would know about it. 

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Funnily enough Jim the negative stories in the press seem to have dried up since a certain player left. 

Yeah, no negative stories in the press at all recently.

lol

23 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/change-in-approach-at-sheffield-wednesday-as-amadeu-paixao-takes-a-step-back-3279128

Taken a step back from transfer dealings apparently…good news or are we just not fishing in his pond anymore?

Not much money to be made by agents out of SWFC for the foreseeable future.  Not sure Paxao would have a clue how to operate in that kind of environment.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Chansiri said he was his personal and club advisor and a key part of the transfer committee. Bruce described him as part of the fabric of the club. It is our transfer, wages and player retention decisions that have left us where we are now.

If he was successful in whatever he has been employed to do I am sure we would know about it. 

Your bang right those are the decisions that leave us where we are, but we’re still assuming AP is the main man to lay all the blame at ,  and we’ve absolutely no idea if that’s the case or not 

Joe Crann makes a very fair point that some of the criticism laid at AP’s door may be unfair

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Your bang right those are the decisions that leave us where we are, but we’re still assuming AP is the main man to lay all the blame at ,  and we’ve absolutely no idea if that’s the case or not 

Joe Crann makes a very fair point that some of the criticism laid at AP’s door may be unfair

Journalists are quite reluctant to portray Paixao in a negative light for a multitude of reasons.  

Which would explain a lot.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He doesn't tell us fully what his role was though and salary, nor any commissions he earned here and with Doyen / Owls contract, nor if any conflicts existed with his other clients like Carlos and João and club job.

Ex players concerned also not addressed , re hotels , dressing rooms, etc 

Ditto Alonso feud.

Other than that, very informative.

21 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I'm not laying all the blame at his door, the owner is ultimately responsible. He has either continued to take bad advice from him or didn't take his advice but continued to employ him anyway. 

If Paixao is so well regarded why doesn't he go and work for another club instead of our shi*show?   

Chansiri was asked last year what Paixao does. He listed successful transfer involvement such as Forestieri and Iorfa. Excuse me for not being bowled over on this for 6 years work. 

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not laying all the blame at his door, the owner is ultimately responsible. He has either continued to take bad advice from him or didn't take his advice but continued to employ him anyway. 

If Paixao is so well regarded why doesn't he go and work for another club instead of our shi*show?   

Chansiri was asked last year what Paixao does. He listed successful transfer involvement such as Forestieri and Iorfa. Excuse me for not being bowled over on this for 6 years work. 

Never said anyone should be bowled over by his work,  I just agree with Joe Crann when he says some criticism aimed at Paxaio MAY be a little unfair 

It’s all speculation and assumptions when we discuss what Paxaio may be responsible for,  if he’s facilitated deals the clubs asked him to work on and the decision to target those players came collectively from the manager at the time and the transfer committee,  then for me AP isn’t the man to hold up to count 

Every chance he’s just the middle man and has stepped back as doesn’t want to be blamed for the owners failings anymore,  we as a fan base have hung him out as literally the man controlling the club , and it’s all based on a few sketchy reports and basically rumours 

We do not know 

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He doesn't tell us fully what his role was though and salary, nor any commissions he earned here and with Doyen / Owls contract, nor if any conflicts existed with his other clients like Carlos and João and club job.

Ex players concerned also not addressed , re hotels , dressing rooms, etc 

Ditto Alonso feud.

Other than that, very informative.

Exact kind of speculation that’s seen AP hung out to dry 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Never said anyone should be bowled over by his work,  I just agree with Joe Crann when he says some criticism aimed at Paxaio MAY be a little unfair 

It’s all speculation and assumptions when we discuss what Paxaio may be responsible for,  if he’s facilitated deals the clubs asked him to work on and the decision to target those players came collectively from the manager at the time and the transfer committee,  then for me AP isn’t the man to hold up to count 

Every chance he’s just the middle man and has stepped back as doesn’t want to be blamed for the owners failings anymore,  we as a fan base have hung him out as literally the man controlling the club , and it’s all based on a few sketchy reports and basically rumours 

We do not know 

How many advisors do you know that are connected to one club only, are regularly seen at matches with the owner and also sat with the management team at team meetings, overseas training camps and in get togethers before games?

Bruce described him as part of the fabric of the club. While he may not be the most trustworthy person ever to be employed by our club why would he feel the need to comment on this with something not based on fact? 

If he was only a middle man involved in a few successful transfer over the course of 6 years then surely he would choose to work elsewhere rather than be employed by a failing club with a terrible transfer record. 

Yes a lot is speculation but it is based on what we have seen happen to our club. Most discussions on here aren't based on absolute facts regarding the inner workings of the club, the facts are most of us just don't know the facts.

42 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Journalists are quite reluctant to portray Paixao in a negative light for a multitude of reasons.  

Which would explain a lot.

Maybe because there's absolutely ZERO evidence that he's done anything wrong

As has been demonstrated in this thread any time someone is asked for specific examples or to even answer the question 'does the chairman even LISTEN to Paxo' etc

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Maybe because there's absolutely ZERO evidence that he's done anything wrong

As has been demonstrated in this thread any time someone is asked for specific examples or to even answer the question 'does the chairman even LISTEN to Paxo' etc

Got any specific examples of what he has done right at our club with him being part of the fabric and all? I mean, he's been involved for 6 years, surely you will have a long list of great stuff for someone described by the owner and an integral personal and club advisor? 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Got any specific examples of what he has done right at our club with him being part of the fabric and all? I mean, he's been involved for 6 years, surely you will have a long list of great stuff for someone described by the owner and an integral personal and club advisor? 

I'm watching Bar Rescue on Amazon Prime at the moment mate

They're doing up a bar that has a lobster machine in it

John Taffer is on top form

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm watching Bar Rescue on Amazon Prime at the moment mate

They're doing up a bar that has a lobster machine in it

John Taffer is on top form

In the time it took you to type that out you could have typed a few examples of his fine work off the top of your head, I'm sure there are many.....

Get the footy on anyway!