2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/change-in-approach-at-sheffield-wednesday-as-amadeu-paixao-takes-a-step-back-3279128

Taken a step back from transfer dealings apparently…good news or are we just not fishing in his pond anymore?

Think we're probably fishing in a puddle at the moment, a very shallow one at that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/change-in-approach-at-sheffield-wednesday-as-amadeu-paixao-takes-a-step-back-3279128

Taken a step back from transfer dealings apparently…good news or are we just not fishing in his pond anymore?

Won’t have a clue how to operate in the lower divisions? Wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave should we have an extended stay in them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s thought that, as negotiations regarding next season’s squad continue, it is Darren Moore and the club’s Head of Recruitment, David Downes, who are spearheading the rebuild at S6 following relegation into League One.

I wouldn’t trust Downes given our recruitment record since he arrived at S6.

• Like 6

It’s thought that, as negotiations regarding next season’s squad continue, it is Darren Moore and the club’s Head of Recruitment, David Downes, who are spearheading the rebuild at S6 following relegation into League One.

This is good news. Looks like Moore has earned Chansiri's trust. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

This is good news. Looks like Moore has earned Chansiri's trust. 

You have to admire the way he delivered the invevitable relagation...

lol

In all fairness their was nothing DM could do about it, and I always thought he was appointed to rebuild in League One as he knows the League.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're joking right

Ok then. I’ll bite. Everyone and their auntie on here complains about our recruitment record but you’re going to tell me even though Downes is the head of recruitment he’s not responsible for how bad we are so it just like Monk as Manager wasn’t responsible for the utter sh!tshow of results that we endured in his last 11 months in charge at the club? 🤣

• Like 5

Just now, Jim said:

Ok then. I’ll bite. Everyone and their auntie on here complains about our recruitment record but you’re going to tell me even though Downes is the head of recruitment he’s not responsible for how bad we are so it just like Monk as Manager wasn’t responsible for the utter sh!tshow of results that we endured in his last 11 months in charge at the club? 🤣

Firstly - You've just been told that Paxo has been responsible for recruitment until this news broke

Secondly the recruitment at our football club is way way WAY more complex than just having Downes responsible for it - you have so many barriers (reputation, players not getting paid, transfer targets not wanting to come etc) you blaming Downes is naive beyond belief

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Firstly it's welcome news

Secondly it's going to be very interesting to see if he's hanging around our club still - if so the question has to be what is he advising?

Half-time sandwiches?

• Like 1