The Penney has finally dropped

plenty of skill  but for me he lacked the mentality .....from game one against millwall he couldnt do the defensive side of the game and went missing far too often .....it's not enough  to put in the odd good run or cross if you cant do the defensive duties .

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Opens thread thinking the chairman has...

Lowered ticket prices 

Employed a CEO

5-year plan

Put elephants int` Don 

*Switches internet off for the day* 

Don't be bloody ridiculous 

22 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Can see him being a very good player for someone when he's 26-27 if he ups his workrate and profile a bit both on and off the pitch, and finds his ideal role in a team that suits it

Go on then enlighten me....why would he need to up his profile off the pitch to become a good player. I cant think of a manager in the world who wouldn't say exactly the opposite

Just wasn't good enough I'm afraid, it's a shame seems like a nice lad but League 2 is more his level or League 1 squad player at best, we need better for the fight to get out of this League & with that he definitely lacks the criteria.

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Go on then enlighten me....why would he need to up his profile off the pitch to become a good player. I cant think of a manager in the world who wouldn't say exactly the opposite

I'm not on about Instagram, I meant in terms of his visibility and value to the side, both as a player on matchdays and a team member the rest of the time. He often seems to go missing in games, and we barely hear owt about his progress in between. He's always seemed a very peripheral figure IMO, and I think he needs to get stuck in more in every sense.

Hope that's enlightened you. 

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

I'm not on about Instagram, I meant in terms of his visibility and value to the side, both as a player on matchdays and a team member the rest of the time. He often seems to go missing in games, and we barely hear owt about his progress in between. He's always seemed a very peripheral figure IMO, and I think he needs to get stuck in more in every sense.

Hope that's enlightened you. 

Not really.....give me an example of someone who has done better because of their off field activities that you are referring to above?

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not really.....give me an example of someone who has done better because of their off field activities that you are referring to above?

This already feels more tiring than the very uncontroversial point I was trying to make really  warrants, but in the spirit it was meant: I think almost any player who can demonstrably claim to be more intrinsically ‘involved’ with the team at all levels, match day and in training etc, will do better in their career.

Hard to give a specific example exactly as you’ve phrased it, but I think there are countless examples of players who’ve never fully gelled with a side for all kinds of fixable reasons, and it hurts their game IMO. Stereotypical ‘journeymen’ seldom seem to reach their full potential, and likewise players who typically remain in the background because they don’t always seem 100% invested.

I’d say Joao is a good example of someone from our recent past who would’ve been better for us had he felt more deeply involved in the club as a whole, both his place in the starting XI and as a core member of the squad off-field. Again, he always seemed peripheral in every way and I think it limited him as a SWFC player.

But as I said, a lot of it is linked to work rate and attitude, which is why I’m saying I hope Matt can kick on in that regard.

I'm confident we will replace him with someone worse, this recruitment team always delivers. 

I liked him, put in a shift and was great until the tached one started moving him around the pitch. 

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, big oz said:

maybe jos will come back for him

Go fishing with him or walk the dog...Jos is retired