The Penney has finally dropped

On 24/05/2021 at 12:14, wilyfox said:

Best of luck to him. He hasn’t kicked on here. Maybe he will elsewhere. Some players need failure to get the kick up the arse that spurs them on. At 23, he hasn’t shown enough. Similar story to Jack Stobbs. I felt we were waiting for a contribution that wasn’t coming.

i do at times wonder if our 'failures' go on to achieve at other clubs what it is about wednesday that can't get the best out of them in the first place?

we know the early dc years got us into play offs, BUT THEN we started to sign 'treatment table hoggs' were we, are we seen as an easy touch?

go to wednesday (get good money) and go through the motions? 

is there an illness within the club, an ongoing stench of failure?

Guest Therealrealist
23 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

i do at times wonder if our 'failures' go on to achieve at other clubs what it is about wednesday that can't get the best out of them in the first place?

we know the early dc years got us into play offs, BUT THEN we started to sign 'treatment table hoggs' were we, are we seen as an easy touch?

How many of our failures ho on to bigger and better things? Tje fact is most of them wer not good enough to start with

1 hour ago, Owlinmad said:

Got better the less he played for us.

Yet another one.

The opposite applies on OT too.

Bannan and Reach are the perfect examples.

The obvious replacement for Reach was Penney.

The obvious replacement for Bannan didn’t exist.

But still, they are part of the problem on here for many.

Guest wilyfox
30 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

Happens everywhere. Every year clubs release players that go on to better things. That’s football. Players develop at different rates. Some get complacent assuming it’ll happen for them regardless. Failure gives them that kick. Look at young Hagan.::can’t get a sniff in our first team, and nearly 20. Now linked with multiple clubs and we could lose him. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Happens everywhere. Every year clubs release players that go on to better things. That’s football. Players develop at different rates. Some get complacent assuming it’ll happen for them regardless. Failure gives them that kick. Look at young Hagan.::can’t get a sniff in our first team, and nearly 20. Now linked with multiple clubs and we could lose him. 

i do wonder IF wednesday aren't worse than 'average'.