Nixon - players still not paid

28 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Sure I read on Here when the PFA got involved the other month that the EFL can only act if the PFA go to them. 

Only takes one player to approach the PFA, can't understand why someone hasn't IF that is the case.

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Disgraceful. Sure players will be lining up to join a club that doesn’t pay wages when they should. 

If true - funny how it's always Nixon who seems to come out with these things.  Don't see anyone else saying it. Mischief making...

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox

Could be why Wednesday are dragging their arse with the retained list. Those leaving will demand DC settles up what he owes. 

10 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

If true - funny how it's always Nixon who seems to come out with these things.  Don't see anyone else saying it. Mischief making...

Because of past history you would guess it to have some truth. If i was chairman and knew it to have no truth then i would be on it , release a statement and threaten to sue him. Silence by DC leads you to make your own conclusions. Another reason for the need for a CEO.

Edited by Big Jack
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Could be why Wednesday are dragging their arse with the retained list. Those leaving will demand DC settles up what he owes. 

Good point 

Paying wages is old hat.

Players much prefer the thrill of finding out whether they've been paid or not. Keeps them on their toes, hence why we were so good last season.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Nah 

Not saying he’s gospel, but he’s usually on the right tracks 

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I hope but don't trust situation to get any better either.

Drop in income being relegated and disgruntled fans.

No decent player is going to sign for us.

Can see us battling to stay up in the third tier, can't see us bouncing back quickly, with the numerous on and off the pitch issues. Darren Moore and his staff will be up against it again, hopefully they're given time, patience and backing because realistically it could be more than one season and more than a couple of transfer windows to get us heading back in the right direction. I fear with DC that things will keep getting worse and it's going to be a long road back to even the second tier. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

You would have thought so especially when the PFA have stepped in to pay members' wages in the short term at clubs that are struggling.

Maybe the PFA are happy with current arrangements at S6? Maybe they've not been asked to get involved?

The pfa have been Notified by a staff member apparently. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I don't really think they can.

They're not the law, they have no real power to go after him, it's only the club that has to obey their rules. He doesn't seem to give a throw what they do to the club, just digs his talons in deeper and doubles down on his bullshit

With Steve Dale at bury they certainly left them high and dry and let him finish the club . The old Leeds chairman who was mental though, wasn’t he banned and forced to sell up ?? 

5 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Chansiri needs to get his arse over here pronto and sort this poo out. If he’s unwilling to let anybody else deal with the running of the club for him the least he can do is come and base himself  over here whilst he try’s to sort this mess out. At the minute the ship is sinking and the captain is nowhere to be seen.

His real name is Captain Edward Smith

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I seriously fear for DC if he ever dare show his fizzog in Hillsborough ever again. 

Give over...fans will be havin selfies with him outside the south

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's things like this that prevent me from getting too excited about next season. Who is going to sign for a club that consistently doesn't pay the players?

I'm in a" holding pattern" of there being an incredibly high likelihood of things getting much worse on every front over the coming weeks. I will re-asses on the evening before the season starts.......