Nixon - players still not paid

9 hours ago, dorian gray said:

this is a very delicate, touchy subject.

IF the efl could, and did take action, would them stopping incoming transfers/sanctions/embargo until ALL owing s/t money had been repaid be ok?

whilst without doubt the money is owed, and i would hope before the start of the season be sorted (money from incoming t/f's)

i struggle to find the difference between the efl taking action against SWFC or DC, i cannot see the difference, any action against dc's handling of the club, (for me) damages the club further.

whilst ALL should be 'refunded' how stuck can you be for (what?) £400?

surely he cannot have the front to try and sell next terms s/t's without sorting last seasons first?

and the above is covid willing.

I see your point in that various sanctions will generally create more problems.

However, there is a huge principle at stake in chasing up what is owed. Many people in the past have got rich by incompetence, dishonesty and "circumstances" in their line of business but there may be other reasons, to which we are not party, why there appears to be problems at SWFC.

For the record, our household has debts for four s/tickets outstanding from the end of the 19/20 season plus all of last season.

Personally, I was willing to listen to the reasons why I should not be too anxious in pursuing what is owed but we get no substantive communication from the club at all.

Yorkshire Cricket Club, on the other hand, has kept its members updated on almost a weekly basis throughout the past 15 months. As a consequence, the vast majority of members were happy to donate their 2020 membership fees to the club and the club has responded as promised including free to air televised matches for everyone for all matches held behind closed doors so far.

As far as I am aware, nobody has complained. People (including the players, who took a pay cut, and staff) have kept their jobs and we are all looking forward to a season of cricket in the grounds from June onwards. We've already been given our tickets for the next County Championship game and all the T20 fixtures.

A little courtesy doesn't cost anything and it gets you a long way and it can all be done without detriment to either party.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I wonder if Chansiri is trying to find new investors or even going to the family to see if he can get help.

Can he afford this whole thing to go down the pan? Would be a personal disgrace for him and probably wipe out much of his fortune.

12 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I see your point in that various sanctions will generally create more problems.

However, there is a huge principle at stake in chasing up what is owed. Many people in the past have got rich by incompetence, dishonesty and "circumstances" in their line of business but there may be other reasons, to which we are not party, why there appears to be problems at SWFC.

For the record, our household has debts for four s/tickets outstanding from the end of the 19/20 season plus all of last season.

Personally, I was willing to listen to the reasons why I should not be too anxious in pursuing what is owed but we get no substantive communication from the club at all.

Yorkshire Cricket Club, on the other hand, has kept its members updated on almost a weekly basis throughout the past 15 months. As a consequence, the vast majority of members were happy to donate their 2020 membership fees to the club and the club has responded as promised including free to air televised matches for everyone for all matches held behind closed doors so far.

As far as I am aware, nobody has complained. People (including the players, who took a pay cut, and staff) have kept their jobs and we are all looking forward to a season of cricket in the grounds from June onwards. We've already been given our tickets for the next County Championship game and all the T20 fixtures.

A little courtesy doesn't cost anything and it gets you a long way and it can all be done without detriment to either party.

i 100% agree that the club should have engaged with those owed.

i'm not sure if covid will allow a return,  or what size that 'return' would be?

IF new s/t sales are made, or player sales i hope he uses the money to reimburse  those owed. 

as for my post i find it impossible to differentiate 'tween wednesday and dc, it's a bit like the borg on star trek the club has been assimilated, might take some separating.

• Like 1