Nixon - players still not paid

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I'm in a" holding pattern" of there being an incredibly high likelihood of things getting much worse on every front over the coming weeks. I will re-asses on the evening before the season starts.......

I think I've already mentally prepared for it to be honest.

I can see a few difficult Saturday evenings and Tuesday night's ahead when we inevitably get beat by certain clubs.

Also think there will be a lot of "Who's he?" in the fanbase when/if we do sign some players.

Guest Hornsby
14 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Very very worrying, Chansiri has no money left and the bank is not lending him any either for payroll. 

If not paid by 1st June thats three months and im thinking they can walk for free the lot of them as its breech of contract, im sure an expert on here will know exactly the situation. 

But we'll get new owners soon.

I don’t see how our cash situation gets much better next season.

the loan repayments and ground rents will be there.

the income side will be limited by ticket roll overs from pre covid, as well as depressed crowds due to league 1 and possibly continued COVId restrictions early on in the season . Less tv money , possible knock out from fa cup before a big tie etc etc

on the flip side we have some big wage players off the books but we still have players like Luongo on big money contracted.

We will need to sell whoever we can for whatever we can get. Iorfa , Bannan, Paterson - hopefully we can get 5m between that lot which might help.

• Like 1

what dont get mentioned much is dc with have a much lower wage bill than 2 years ago so the loss in matchday income is very similar to the difference in wages 2 years ago to now. the wage bill was 41milion a season ,surely its below 30 million now so the season ticket money etc isnt the reason , 23000 x 400 quid av based on kids oaps adults is 9million the wage bill has dropped more than that . so is chansiri in big financial trouble? it looks that way. expect embargo to be extended for rest of the year who knows points dedeuctions . if he cant afford he needs to sell the club for £1 as thats all its worth now . 

15 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I wished that the EFL would care about the fans a bit more, too, especially with regards to season ticket refunds that are way overdue by any yardstick.

I wrote to the EFL about this 

this is a very delicate, touchy subject.

IF the efl could, and did take action, would them stopping incoming transfers/sanctions/embargo until ALL owing s/t money had been repaid be ok?

whilst without doubt the money is owed, and i would hope before the start of the season be sorted (money from incoming t/f's)

i struggle to find the difference between the efl taking action against SWFC or DC, i cannot see the difference, any action against dc's handling of the club, (for me) damages the club further.

whilst ALL should be 'refunded' how stuck can you be for (what?) £400?

surely he cannot have the front to try and sell next terms s/t's without sorting last seasons first?

and the above is covid willing.

15 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

Things will change... He meant we won't be able to field a full starting 11 or a subs bench! When Moore resigns, he's also going to let his lad coach us; who will be bringing a few of his mates along to play as well. You know, make up the numbers.

get yer boots out, GAME TIME OPPORTUNITY AHEAD BOYS AND GIRLS,.

well some wanted 'more input' at the club.

bags playin' up front.

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

Shouldn't worry about next season

Don't players have to pay subs in that division?

yer mam has to wash yer kit, bring a pop bottle with water in it, and DON'T bang yer boots on site as the cleaners are complaining. 

also whilst on the subject, don't throw tab ends in the urinals, as the cleaners find them hard to leet.

• Haha 2

Guest Hornsby
21 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

March & April wages not paid according to Nixon, doesn't give us much hope to sign or re-sign any players

Wonder what happens end June when big earners leave without their dish.

Guest mrbluesky
10 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Wonder what happens end June when big earners leave without their dish.

I'm sure they'll be able to afford another one.

31 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You're going to have to explain this one to me.

In what way is us not being able to sign any players 'good'?

It's just Banch Banching away.

Say something mildly controversial and then try and justify it later.