Nixon - players still not paid

18 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Ive today been talking to someone who's been down at Hillsborough recently doing some work. Said that the apathy of club staff is worrying  and it appears to be a club thats dying on its a.se. 

That's been the case for some time. People have been talking about the sh*tty culture at the place for ages on here and how it affects everything. Gradually more and more are wising up to this; too late now though, club is f*cked.

33 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I've been saying for months. With DC and Paxo,  we're going straight through the third division. 

Not necessarily the case regarding Paixao. I thought the same until I read that recent report in TheAthletic.

It seems, according to inside sources, that he is stuck in the middle and trying to please everyone. He's also not the one who is repsonsible for the transfers, at least not in recent seasons. Nancy Frostick, the reporter, is apparently very well connected at the club and whilst I don't ever take anything like this at absolute face value, I would guess she is not far wide of the mark.

If Paixao is DC's main advisor, and he's not even listening to him.......you can work out the rest I'm sure. I doubt your conclusions will come as a surprise to you.

• Like 2

Guest gizowl

How does he expect the embargo to be lifted and attract any descent players, he said in his statement after relegation that things were going to change on and off the pitch. wtf.

Guest Mcguigan
9 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I wished that the EFL would care about the fans a bit more, too, especially with regards to season ticket refunds that are way overdue by any yardstick.

I wrote to the EFL about this and got the stock answer "nothing to do with us", just like players' wages are "nothing to do with the EFL"... oh, wait a minute...

Surely the PFA would be making something out of this if there was any substance about it?

What a shîte start to the ‘rebuilding’ program if this is correct (and there is every reason to believe it is). The only micro glimmer of hope is that the lack of payment is the precursor to the club being sold or something like that (I assume the EFL would hold off from stepping in if they new something dramatic was happening). I haven’t seen even the slightest hint that that is the case though. Ive been busy getting my head around mid table L1 being a reasonable level of expectation. Now I’ve got to downgrade it again!

At least it explains Darren Moore’s comments about wanting to see more youth players break into the team. They will be the only ones here!

• Like 1

Just now, gizowl said:

How does he expect the embargo to be lifted and attract any descent players, he said in his statement after relegation that things were going to change on and off the pitch. wtf.

Things will change... He meant we won't be able to field a full starting 11 or a subs bench! When Moore resigns, he's also going to let his lad coach us; who will be bringing a few of his mates along to play as well. You know, make up the numbers.

Just now, Mcguigan said:

Surely the PFA would be making something out of this if there was any substance about it?

You would have thought so especially when the PFA have stepped in to pay members' wages in the short term at clubs that are struggling.

Maybe the PFA are happy with current arrangements at S6? Maybe they've not been asked to get involved?

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Not good.

Chansiri clearly doesn't give a throw anymore.

Very likely,   Maybe he’s read Dom Howsons letter and thought si thii am off 

Hope lads re-laying pitch at Hillsborough got payment upfront 👀

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

You would have thought so especially when the PFA have stepped in to pay members' wages in the short term at clubs that are struggling.

Maybe the PFA are happy with current arrangements at S6? Maybe they've not been asked to get involved?

Pretty sure they’d be all over it if paying members of theirs are worried about it.

Storm in a tea cup?

32 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Prospective signings are absolutely irrelevant if we’re not paying wages and are insolvent aren’t they ... 

The only next step is administration,  it’s black and white isn’t it , someone explain how any other scenario can happen ?

That's my thinking, it could of course be just a cash flow problem and the players will get paid eventually.

But with DC who knows really.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Listen I’m not banging the drum for DC been innocent or journos to be making stuff up , I know as much as next man, but I am aware Nixons Info is rarely without substance 

But I still cannot fathom how EFL wouldn’t have acted by now, and how as a business your not insolvent and in administration after 3months of defaulting on wages 

Doesn’t add up, can’t be just me thinking same 

Sure I read on Here when the PFA got involved the other month that the EFL can only act if the PFA go to them. 

Guest Therealrealist

Maybe they are now used to not getting their wages on time so thats why they arnt kickin off and getting the pfa involved🤔

41 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Ive today been talking to someone who's been down at Hillsborough recently doing some work. Said that the apathy of club staff is worrying  and it appears to be a club thats dying on its a.se. 

Hope he asked for his money upfront. 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

PFA possibly you may be correct,  but do the EFL allow clubs to operate insolvently ? For 3 months 

Good point. Maybe the EFL have had reassurance and they are happy. Who knows how many clubs have similar issues,.

You would have thought we must be getting to the end game, maybe admin or new owners who knows?

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

Good point. Maybe the EFL have had reassurance and they are happy. Who knows how many clubs have similar issues,.

You would have thought we must be getting to the end game, maybe admin or new owners who knows?

You've got to think so.

It can't carry on like this for much longer. This is as bad as I can remember it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Yes - sorry not read this thread - but seeing as Chansiri promised to finance the club for the next year it doesn’t seem to be going very well.  

• Like 1