Nixon - players still not paid

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

That’s fair enough,   But ... it’s black and white here for me , if you do not pay the wages your in administration 

If as suggested we haven’t paid players for what ? 3months ?   How in gods earth are we not in admin , and sat with -15 from the EFL

And paying a % of wages is irrelevant to me, as it would be to the EFL and PFA surely , you either pay in full as per contracts or the club is sanctioned and likely headed for admin 

Good point re administration. surely months of non payment requires immediate sanctioning. So what’s going off? Is he purposefully paying late?

If he’s told the players to expect it a bit late moving forward, then surely the player(s) wouldn’t run to the press telling them, if they’re being kept in the loop? 

Edited by FreshOwl

27 minutes ago, Jim said:

If things are as bad as some are saying, then surely the Chairman would be looking for an exit but that doesn’t appear to be the case at the moment?

Or hes dug such a financial black hole he dosnt want anybody seeing the true picture. 

If somebody was doing due diligence they would walk away. 

• Like 2

If true then Derek is obviously skint. The reputational damage that this comedian has inflicted on our club will take years to fix. Hope the players and The PFA take him to the cleaners for any asset that he still controls. I wouldnt be surprised if Moore walks at some point as its obvious that nobody is going to either want or be able to sign for us this summer. Somehow we have to chase this bloke out of S6 by hook or by crook.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, elyowl1 said:

Or hes dug such a financial black hole he dosnt want anybody seeing the true picture. 

If somebody was doing due diligence they would walk away. 

You mean they wouldn't pay £160 m for a debt ridden third division team who doesn't own it's outdated ground and has no players?

It’s alreyt debating wether he’s ran out do money etc, and what may or may not happen BUT ...  you cannot just defer wages for 3months without sanctions from the EFL surely ??   And also how are you not insolvent as a business ?  Don’t pay wages and your in administration 

Someone’s telling lies, or twisting the story 

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

You mean they wouldn't pay £160 m for a debt ridden third division team who doesn't own it's outdated ground and has no players?

Yup, unless your a Multi billionaire looking for a tax write off due to losses, wonder what Jeff Bezos is doing? 

Just now, Harrysgame said:

Are we not in breach of contracts now. Not a lawyer but could that mean even contracted players could leave without a fee.

As others have said why would anyone work somewhere who does not pay on time.

Why would the EFL not get involved before now if this was the case ..?    Because if true they absolutely are in breach of contract 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Why would the EFL not get involved before now if this was the case ..?    Because if true they absolutely are in breach of contract 

Do the PFA only get involved if players ask them to? Maybe they have assurances that they are happy with, who knows.

Just now, Harrysgame said:

Are we not in breach of contracts now. Not a lawyer but could that mean even contracted players could leave without a fee.

As others have said why would anyone work somewhere who does not pay on time.

Had a quick look online after i asked the same, its a term in contracts relating to just cause, and generally its either two or three months without pay. 

No set length but if it hits three months i would personally walk if i was offered a contract elsewhere. 

42 minutes ago, NobbyStyle said:

I just hope he’s paid HMRC...

If he doesn’t sort this soon we’ll end up with players that nobody else wants...

62238D48-DAAA-4C89-8062-20AC55A9497B.gif

We've already got the players nobody else wants. That's why we are in the poo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the players hadn’t been paid once or twice in these testing times I’d not be as worried. This started happening before covid19 ? Under monks tenure ? Accounts in late ,it just goes on and on. My dad always said trust your instincts they not usually wrong and the older you get the easier it is to see trouble . Well I see trouble coming thick and fast ! Really starting to worry for the future of our club not just this season but long term.

• Like 2