Nixon - players still not paid

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Hmmmm.

It might have a knock-on effect in terms of trying to convince decent prospective signings to sign on the dotted line though, don't you think?

Prospective signings are absolutely irrelevant if we’re not paying wages and are insolvent aren’t they ... 

The only next step is administration,  it’s black and white isn’t it , someone explain how any other scenario can happen ?

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Hmmmm.

It might have a knock-on effect in terms of trying to convince decent prospective signings to sign on the dotted line though, don't you think?

Well it didnt stop captain fantastic penning another lucrative contract..

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Well it didnt stop captain fantastic penning another lucrative contract..

And that’s another thing that doesn’t tie in with all this 

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

And that’s another thing that doesn’t tie in with all this 

Not getting paid and getting paid late are 2 totally different goings on..my guess its the latter

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Not getting paid and getting paid late are 2 totally different goings on..my guess its the latter

Both are breach of contract though ? 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Prospective signings are absolutely irrelevant if we’re not paying wages and are insolvent aren’t they ... 

The only next step is administration,  it’s black and white isn’t it , someone explain how any other scenario can happen ?

Well yeah, it's not looking 'good' as the poster I replied to suggested, is it?

2 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

How long do we think Darren Moore will put up with this? 

Was thinking the same. It will be interesting/depressing to see what happens this summer regarding players in. We could be in real trouble come August!

None of this is good, but..........

Looking at the exchanges on Twitter someone asked Nixon if the Lads had been paid yet. The answer was one word "No". Someone else asked if non payment of wages was unique to SWFC and the answer was "It's been going on too long". There also may have been some kind of payment but not the complete amount.

So we all believe it has happened on a number of occasions but I'm thinking the "No" was referring to the last pay date. I'm just surmising that it is possible the previous wages have now been settled. Still an absolute car crash so not trying to excuse any of it.

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Imagine. 15pt deduction to start life in league one.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wilfsmith said:

I understand both Middlewood and Hillsborough are being refurbished and relaid this summer. I hope the contractors are being paid regularly otherwise we could finish up with nothing to train or play on. 

I’d be pissed off if I were a player, not being paid properly and seeing thousands being spent on the pitches!

Everybody chuck a quid in to buy a box of grass seed from poundland, might be enough of us to seed the pitch 😀 

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

Agree if the rumours about not being paid for 3 months are true, the EFL and PFA would be all over the club like a rash.

I wished that the EFL would care about the fans a bit more, too, especially with regards to season ticket refunds that are way overdue by any yardstick.

I wrote to the EFL about this and got the stock answer "nothing to do with us", just like players' wages are "nothing to do with the EFL"... oh, wait a minute...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Ive today been talking to someone who's been down at Hillsborough recently doing some work. Said that the apathy of club staff is worrying  and it appears to be a club thats dying on its a.se. 

They feel the same as the fans then, can't blame them because we are a rudderless ship.