Barry Bannan

28 minutes ago, Ian said:

So how come the opposition score more goals per game with Westwood in goal?

How come we got more points per game with Westwood in goal?

Do you really think either of the other 2 have proved they are good enough? 

17 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Bannan leads the team in tackles won. 

And is second only to Tom Lees for interceptions. 

If I played against Man City with a team of under 7's and me I'd probably lead the stats for our team in tackles won. It wouldn't mean I am good enough to play against Man City

Edited by Sultan_Pepper

For the past three seasons we have seen our best players leave and not replaced 

our decline has been rapid 

we keep hold of our better players and build from that 

keep that core of old boys together and surround it with youth 

big season for players like that lad from Man City we signed  I want to see players like hunt getting more game time he seems like the closet thing we have to Bannan replacement 

would love us to retain uroghide but I think he may leave him, dunkley and another young player may be great in league one even though I’d still sign another experienced Cb

Hutchinson around the place will never do any damage 

we need a focal point still up top that cost us this season not enough goals 

how we lost our striking department to what we replaced it with was a disaster  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

A simple decision.  Sell him.

Been an excellent player for us, but League 1 is a very different beast.  We need CM's who will bomb on and get goals.    BB would rather sit deep.

Agree with this

Time to build a completely new midfield 

Hopefully the club will be able to raise upwards of £10m for Windass, Bannan and Iorfa 

Got to sell and start again. Sell Iorfa and Luongo although I doubt these two will fetch much with injuries although they are good players. 

Keep Windass as I really think he will be a top scorer in L1. 

Get rid of these goalkeepers. The fans don't and will not ever rate them. They know this so its never going to get better. 

We need a fresh start. 

1 minute ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Got to sell and start again. Sell Iorfa and Luongo although I doubt these two will fetch much with injuries although they are good players. 

Keep Windass as I really think he will be a top scorer in L1. 

Get rid of these goalkeepers. The fans don't and will not ever rate them. They know this so its never going to get better. 

We need a fresh start. 

Iorfa is going to be a top player, anything less than £5m is robbery, but like you say his injury is going to put clubs off so he might be around until January 

Don’t focus on cost, focus on value for money.

He played 4100 minutes this season.

Thats more than Rhodes, Marriott, Brown, Kachunga and Dele combined.

More than Joost, Dunkley, Hunt, Luongo and Brown combined. 

He’s a bargain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

He played 4100 minutes this season.

And...first in tackles, first in completed passes and his running stats must be up there with anyone in the team...and some melon on here said he wasn't athletically gifted despite the team playing Tues/Wed and Saturday and not missing a match. How you can play all season with those stats and not be athletic isfucking beyond me...there are people on here who wouldn't recognise a footballer if one bit them on the arris lol 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

If we could get 20m for him I would sell and re invest in the team but for the pittance we would get at his age he is worth more to us 

I have not seen much from our recruitment team to suggest we could get better 

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

And...first in tackles, first in completed passes and his running stats must be up there with anyone in the team...and some melon on here said he wasn't athletically gifted despite the team playing Tues/Wed and Saturday and not missing a match. How you can play all season with those stats and not be athletic isfucking beyond me...there are people on here who wouldn't recognise a footballer if one bit them on the arris lol 

Well according to some he's our biggest problem and simply has to go

:tango:

Why does everyone think League One is full of kickers and hoofers? 

There is some quality down there and anyone who would see Bannan needs their head checking

I just don’t think we are in a position to turn a bid down and he probably knew that given how upset he was 

1 hour ago, elyowl1 said:

I remember we sold Atkinson and rebuilt the squad for promotion, and Atkinson was arguably more highly rated than Hirst. 

Again who else could we sell to raise funds especially since Iorfa has been injured all season. 

Not arguing to sell him but if a good size offer comes in then its time to let go. 

That's the key element, the offer.

Brentford were reportedly interested around £1m. Although he's under contract, he's 32 this year and don't see clubs offering good money for him. 

If it was a choice of £1m or keeping him, I think he has more value to help us get promoted. Aside from which he's well respected by the management and Chansiri seems to like him, so I'd be surprised if he was sold.

There's very little value in this squad, I'd be surprised if anyone was sold unless not in Moore's plans, nobody is going to offer the kind of money necessary to make a sale a no brainer and our lack of contracted players already, suggests there won't be a fire sale, considering the cost of replacing them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Do you even bother reading the counter arguments? 

When they amount to 'stinking of failure' and 'he is is a big part of our problems' what is the point?

Bannan is by far our best player. He isn't a match winner on his own but is still capable of providing quality, he needs those around him to have the ability to make the most of the play he opens up for them.

Unlike many of his team mates this season, his effort has reamined on point even when he is not at his best and his fitness puts most to shame in terms of availability. 

He has been picked as a regular starter by every manager we have had, critics bizarrely reasoning that he dictates to managers or is picked by the owner.