Our season in a table - THIS is why we went down

image.png.2bde0e9152ab3182b208c883fe52e5fb.png

Win - Green

Draw - Orange

Loss - Red

As you can see here, our away form is absolutely diabolical - even against teams near the bottom. Picking up ZERO against Rotherham is just unacceptable and there is simply too much red and orange against sides in the middle of the table. It was not the draw against Derby that sent us down - it was these results over a whole season.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep. Going down is never a one match thing. Many many errors have cost us points that would have kept us up. 27 points lost from winning positions. Terrible away form. No points after conceding first. Etc etc. 
Ultimately we lost because our players were not good enough. Which is because our chairman is not good enough. 

• Like 4

Genuinely kind of interesting to see that there are "only" four teams we didn't pick up a point against, with two of them being in the top three. It's the no points against Rotherham and Luton, and as you point out the broadly diabolical away form, that's done it 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Genuinely kind of interesting to see that there are "only" four teams we didn't pick up a point against, with two of them being in the top three. It's the no points against Rotherham and Luton, and as you point out the broadly diabolical away form, that's done it 

In a lot of those games we were leading too. Not being capable of holding onto a winning position has been our downfall too x

4 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

You "Tony Pulis" are the reason we went down. How dare you show your face on here 

It was my masterstroke signing of Sam Hutchinson that nearly kept you up. And my recall of Westwood. You should be grateful!:pulis::pulis:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I thought we went down because the players couldn't care less about winning, as demonstrated by losing to teams like Rotherham and Birmingham at a time when we were fighting for our lives, and losing 3 2 when we were 2 nil up,  and losing 7 games on the trot, and previously winning 1 game out of 10, and players like reach heading the ball to the opposition by the box and giving away penalties with 12 minutes to go when you need to win. The list is endless!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwintonLad99 said:

In a lot of those games we were leading too. Not being capable of holding onto a winning position has been our downfall too x

That’s the killer for me. It’s the points lost from decent positions (Rotherham, Luton, Bristol etc). And then of course the final nail in the coffin being 3-2 up against Derby and not defending that like our lives depended on it. 
Anyway, next season will be a whole different challenge...

21 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

image.png.2bde0e9152ab3182b208c883fe52e5fb.png

Win - Green

Draw - Orange

Loss - Red

As you can see here, our away form is absolutely diabolical - even against teams near the bottom. Picking up ZERO against Rotherham is just unacceptable and there is simply too much red and orange against sides in the middle of the table. It was not the draw against Derby that sent us down - it was these results over a whole season.

Good analysis. 

Although losing home and away to Rotherham (ffs) and Luton, and generally poor away form matter, personally I think the 6 points our clown of an owner lost us were more important. Closely followed by not paying the players ahead of away games.

27 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Yep. Going down is never a one match thing. Many many errors have cost us points that would have kept us up. 27 points lost from winning positions. Terrible away form. No points after conceding first. Etc etc. 
Ultimately we lost because our players were not good enough. Which is because our chairman is not good enough. 

Yes - although I think it's 29 points

25 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

That’s the killer for me. It’s the points lost from decent positions (Rotherham, Luton, Bristol etc). And then of course the final nail in the coffin being 3-2 up against Derby and not defending that like our lives depended on it. 
Anyway, next season will be a whole different challenge...

Bad game management in a lot of games. Norwich away last 10 minutes to concede 2 and lose. Rotherham at home. Luton away. Yesterday at Derby 

A sliding doors moment for us. I am sure that one little thing would have meant we stay up.

if you look at Monks points per game it’s not that bad considering he insisted on playing inferior keepers.

Westwood for 1 yr contract to get us out of this mess