**Official** Barry Bannan wins Poty

Correct decision and well deserved. He is a player that genuinely cares. Regardless what you think of his playing style, he gets stuck in each week, works really hard on the pitch and is nearly always available. 

I think he is an excellent player too and we are very lucky to have him

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The protest raised awareness and made the club take note of something

So not really

I disagree 

Club aren’t stupid and know full well the fans are unhappy. 

Protests that actually raise awareness & sometimes make an impact involves publicity.  Not publicity limited to Sheffield but national.

I’m not saying fans should storm the pitch Man Utd style. But it’s typical Wednesday really to just silently grumble at what’s going on but ultimately do nothing. 

I’d be looking at Charlton fans to see what fan action can do. The current pandemic would mean people need to get creative for a while...

But fans voting for a hardly featured player is gonna hardly raise an eyebrow at the club and no one will take notice outside of Sheffield.

• Like 2

Guest Smackavolley
52 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

If Bannan’s got anything about him he’ll pass the trophy onto its rightful owner...

It wouldn't be the rightful owner though, would it? People made their point. Common sense prevailed. Which is the biggest surprise for me really. Who was this person within the club? Could be one of a kind.

People have had their fun. Time to move on. I'm more focused on us avoiding the drop. Which would be more undeserving than anything in my living memory.

Hey ho 😝, fingers crossed. I'd rather our issues be addressed with Championship status than be willing our club to be relegated. I'm not so sure everyone thinks like that. 😩

Not his best season, a few good games but below his usual level of contribution on the pitch, but as least he made a contribution, unlike other players.

Not a lot to choose from, but deserved, well done Barry.

Fair to critique performances, but always shows for the ball and has demonstrated a commitment to the club, which puts certain  other players to shame.

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

The 31-year-old extended his six-season stay at Hillsborough by a further two years in February and recently reached the milestone of 250 starts for Wednesday.

Hope he can keep his energy levels up for 2 more seasons but we'll need to be looking for a replacement soon. 

I guess replacing half the team will be a priority that DC gets onto first (2 weeks before season kicks off?)!!!!

4 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Hope he can keep his energy levels up for 2 more seasons but we'll need to be looking for a replacement soon. 

I guess replacing half the team will be a priority that DC gets onto first (2 weeks before season kicks off?)!!!!

Same with any player, your only useful while you keep up an expected level of performance. Ergo every player needs to be replaced eventually.

He's fallen very short of his expected level this season for me. Coin throw if that's the dross that surrounds him or his ability. Still our best player though imho.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

@Owlstalk Admin Team

That Jack Marriott probably won it and Bannan came second lol

But what difference will that make to the club? What will they do about this other than to literally 'take note' of it and move on?

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Correct decision and well deserved. He is a player that genuinely cares. Regardless what you think of his playing style, he gets stuck in each week, works really hard on the pitch and is nearly always available. 

I think he is an excellent player too and we are very lucky to have him

Totally agree with all of this. 

• Like 1

Why are we assuming that Marriott secretly won?

I know a few on here voted for him as a form of 'protest', but plenty of others said they'd voted for Bannan, Windass, etc.

Then there's the bulk of the fan base, who'll be blissfully unaware of this plan and will have just voted for the best player.