**Official** Barry Bannan wins Poty

52 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Why are we assuming that Marriott secretly won?

I know a few on here voted for him as a form of 'protest', but plenty of others said they'd voted for Bannan, Windass, etc.

Then there's the bulk of the fan base, who'll be blissfully unaware of this plan and will have just voted for the best player.

I voted for Bannan,  mainly for having the bottle to sign a new contract with everything imploding around him,

he'll have had other offers and regardless of his family being settled in Sheffield he showed loyalty imo, and a glimmer of hope that the club might not be the basket case I think it is.

Would have gone for Lees, but his form dropped off a cliff before the injury.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Bannan Haters will be gutted

Have you seen the last 5 winners of the player of the year and what happened to them after winning.

All I would say to Bazza is good luck you are gonna need it.

2015-16 Forestieri after a great season then the following season he refused to get on the bus and he got worse and worse, with on field and off field issues before leaving out of contract last season

2016-17 Westwood after a few great seasons equally the clean sheet record at the club, who would know a change of manager would banish him from the first team and other the next 4 season he would be in and out of the team because of managers not rating him and injury issues.

2017-18 Reach played a blinder that season scoring some spectacular goals, but as we know since he has been a spectator for many of the games and being consistently played out of position, he has been a fraction of the player once worth £10m+

2018-19 Hector had a great season with us but we got priced out of buying him, (we were also under an embargo the club just forgot to mention at the time and we had the farcical event of signing 3 players and not being able to announce they had sign), instead big Hec ended up a Fulham who he won promotion to the EPL with, but a bad start to the season cost him his place, he can now be found in Fulhams development team when he can get a game.

2019-20 Iorfa after a great season when he has switch to center back became an every present in the team until a very big injury finished his season and we could be well into the next season before he is even able to get back in the team.

So what will life bring with Bannan, loss of form, dropped from the team, played out of position, or worse a bad injury, which we all know when over 30 you never come back from these quick or will he buck the trend of the last 5 winners and have a good season better than the last.

Disclaimer: this is just a bit of fun and not meant to cause offense to anyone. 

• Thanks 1

Guest mrbluesky
3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But what difference will that make to the club? What will they do about this other than to literally 'take note' of it and move on?

You are dwelling on, and over thinking this, I'm sure the social media side of this got the club's attention and hopefully the chairman, of which I'm pretty sure it did, nobody expects it to make a "difference" or make the club "do" anything, It is a shame Marriott didn't win it 🙂 or did he?????lol

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

You are dwelling on, and over thinking this, I'm sure the social media side of this got the club's attention and hopefully the chairman, of which I'm pretty sure it did, nobody expects it to make a "difference" or make the club "do" anything, It is a shame Marriott didn't win it 🙂 or did he?????lol

I'm not over thinking it.

A few in this thread said it will have made a point by making the club take note.

I disagree. I don't think Chansiri will give two hoots about this and wouldn't be completely convinced he is fully aware of it. People closer to the ground within the club already know the feeling on discontent in the fan base without this making any difference in that respect. 

1 hour ago, Weshallovercome said:

I voted for Bannan,  mainly for having the bottle to sign a new contract with everything imploding around him,

he'll have had other offers and regardless of his family being settled in Sheffield he showed loyalty imo, and a glimmer of hope that the club might not be the basket case I think it is.

Would have gone for Lees, but his form dropped off a cliff before the injury.

It was between Bannan and Windass for me.

In the end I went with Windass, as 9 goals and 6 assists in a team as crap as ours is no mean feat, especially for someone who we're regularly told is an attacking midfielder rather than a striker.

I'm happy to either of them win it ahead of Marriott, though - that was just embarrassing as far as I was concerned.

I'd be embarrassed being player of the year with the season they've gave us 

Can't think of another season where no player deserved the award, they've all been average to poo all season 

• Like 1

He's a quality player but not a captain... he oversaw Harris blazing our last chance away.

If his salary is what has been purported then he can go if anyone's interested.

The team and tactics are too coloured by his strengths and weaknesses imo.

• Like 3