Arsenal - where to now?

No European football next season for the first time in 25 years; 9th in the league, no cups. 

Fans have complained for years that they never replaced the Adams, Viera’s, Dixon’s, etc with character and fight. 

Seem to be getting worse every season. 

Was a big media love in with Arteta at the start of the season, I'm surprised he's lasted the season.

Arsenal fans hounded Wenger out towards the end of his tenure and although they were on downward spiral whilst he was there, he at least had them challenging for Europe places.

Auba seems to have disappeared since he signed that new contract, too.

Arteta was a poor appointment. Same as lampard was for Chelsea. Both too inexperienced for such big jobs. Difference been Chelsea realised and got rid of a genuine legend. Arsenal are quite content with mediocrity and a guy who was an OK player for them. 

Arsenals culture from the very top needs to change chairman, board and manager. And they need a George Graham type not a wenger type. Simeone would be perfect or Allegri, but they may have shot their load with how poo they are these days in getting any such manager 

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Arteta was a poor appointment. Same as lampard was for Chelsea. Both too inexperienced for such big jobs. Difference been Chelsea realised and got rid of a genuine legend. Arsenal are quite content with mediocrity and a guy who was an OK player for them. 

Arsenals culture from the very top needs to change chairman, board and manager. And they need a George Graham type not a wenger type. Simeone would be perfect or Allegri, but they may have shot their load with how poo they are these days in getting any such manager 

TBF Lampard was an appeasement measure to act as an emergency buffer zone while they were under embargo

He would never have got that gig otherwise

• Like 2

The fact they were invited to be founder members suggests they were right too

And for the millionth time it was always about global appeal for financial purposes and not quailty on the pitch

Arsenal are in a state of flux now - should have backed Wenger properly when they were always qualifying for the CL and winning trophies most seasons

Be interesting to see how long they drift like this - so much remedial work needed it's gonna either be a new manager and a big windfall to allow some major signings

Or close their eyes and hope for the best

Arsenal were notoriously poor realtion when paying wages for the so-called super clubs

He couldn't turn it around because he kept on losing his best players as they weren't competitive with the finances

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I thought it could be a good move initially. Seems like Pep taught him nothing.

That decision to take off Auba last night for frickin Willian was mind blowing. Arsenal fans blew a fuse at that 

I didn't watch the game but was checking the BBC and Sky sites for updates, and they both said they took Aubameyang off for Lacazette. I think they took Tierney off for Willian.

I get the point though: you'd have thought they'd have kept Auba on the pitch for the last few minutes.

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I thought it could be a good move initially. Seems like Pep taught him nothing.

That decision to take off Auba last night for frickin Willian was mind blowing. Arsenal fans blew a fuse at that 

The commentator said when Martinelli was coming on "They will hope having someone with pace up top will frighten the Villareal defence"

They had one of the quickest strikers in the game up front with Auba and did nothing to threaten that defence.

It was a shocking performance, a bit like how Real Madrid setup against Chelsea. Needing a goal but doing nothing to actually push for a goal.