WEDNESDAY V's BLACKBURN OMDT

4 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Has Paterson done anything yet?

He scored just as many as Rhodes tonight, and even managed to make an appearance in the box; only didn't cost £9 million and is probably a third of the wages. 

Solid contribution all around I would say. 

On a more positive note, team looked pretty decent, if a little bland. 

Played a cohesive game.

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 3

Just now, Indoor Owl said:

He scored just as many as Rhodes tonight, and even managed to make an appearance in the box; only didn't cost £9 million and is probably a third of the wages. 

Solid contribution all around I would say. 

Context around the signing aside, Rhodes did a good job today. Bought us fouls, hussled and put their defence under some pressure.

Paterson, not so much.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Now what?

If that one record setting result against Wycombe dooms us in the end, it's time to cry.

There are so many results that you could say sent us down. A win in the previous game rather than a draw would have changed things dramatically but then again how many times have we given away points towards the end of games. It could send you mental if you thought about it.

We are where we are because we deserve to be, nothing more nothing less.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Those who would rather we'd have got relegated tonight to give them an easy life! 

Only because they think we're going to get relegated anyway. It's normal to want closure. But ask those same people if they would like to see us stay up (not just win a match), and the response would be an overwhelming "yes"

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I don’t think I could cope with a last day winner takes all scenario stuck at home watching it. 

At least you can drink while you watch it to soften the blow/ celebrate/ forget everything n just be a happy little pïssed bloke on the corner. 

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Only because they think we're going to get relegated anyway. It's normal to want closure. But ask those same people if they would like to see us stay up (not just win a match), and the response would be an overwhelming "yes"

Closure FFS sake. We are fans of a football club. Can't complain the players have not tried hard enough but then as fans give up before it is all over. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm going to get very drunk and do a BBQ if we somehow pull this one off.

Try and find somewhere close to a fire station to hold it!