Contract talks on the back-burner at Sheffield Wednesday – at all levels

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

No surprises at all for me in that article. We are just acting true to form. At least the whole of football is in turmoil so we just look ‘normal’ at the moment. 

This is so true and I am in no way trying to say we haven’t been incompetent. However, football has changed for good. First covid and now this super league b0ll0x. Players at the top will earn more, players lower down, including the champ, will earn less. Clubs will also seek to protect cash flow beyond a year or so, so long term deals are not going to be as plentiful as previously. A player may be brilliant, but he can get injured in a heartbeat. 

It’s going to be tougher for the players in the next period, as well as the clubs. The grass may look greener, but they may well be in for a surprise when they sit down and talk numbers.

I think I mentioned it when people where panicking about the contract situation before  Pulis was announced 

The penney, sorry wrong one though its not a new thing lol

Had finally and seemingly dropped with DC that we were staring relagation in the face. Hence why he brought Pulis in and why we didn't renew contracts, becouse all the big earners would financially cripple us even further. 

The fans where unhappy and angry about all the things going wrong on and off the pitch, which also probably why he gave Bazza a new contract to appease the masses and hopefully bring a bit of positivity back. 

Hopefully this is captain cluster-fcks light bulb moment. I've a feeling one of the reasons he's  finally binging in a manager who likes to play football in Moore rather than dour, defensive hoof all, who coincidently already knows league one and what we will need to get out of there and promoted. 

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

Unless of course the Greedy Six get kicked out and the leagues are re-shuffled.

I’d be very surprised if they actually did get booted out but it would be a laugh! No demotion and everyone moves up six places (so the whole top six go up). 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

How would it relate to us? Super league or not this club isn’t getting into the premier league anytime soon 

Cheer up, all we need is some excuse to kick out another twenty.

Seriously though, the stance of the Greedy Six re Euro Champions League is the equivalent of us saying we're too big to get relegated and we want a guarantee it won't happen. IMO if the top teams in the EPL have such a financial advantage they ought to qualify for Europe every year (4-5 in CL and other 1-2 in Europa League). I don't like it that we're going into L1 but I do like that there is promotion and relegation based on merit.

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Cheer up, all we need is some excuse to kick out another twenty.

Seriously though, the stance of the Greedy Six re Euro Champions League is the equivalent of us saying we're too big to get relegated and we want a guarantee it won't happen. IMO if the top teams in the EPL have such a financial advantage they ought to qualify for Europe every year (4-5 in CL and other 1-2 in Europa League). I don't like it that we're going into L1 but I do like that there is promotion and relegation based on merit.

yeah I get all that, but my point was the super league has no bearing on contracts for SWFC players 

We got owner who won't let anyone else decide on anything and he seems to be unavailable (or lost interest) to make all these decisions that should be key for the future of our club. So, no talks about new contracts are done, no talks with transfer targets, nothing... 

Talks about not knowing what division we will play in are nonsense. 

A poster ( can't remember who but not a wum) said that there was a deal to buy the club but it was dependent on which division we're in.

This fits in with the contracts situation viz those being (allegedly) dependent on which division we're in.

Could there be a link?