Contract talks on the back-burner at Sheffield Wednesday – at all levels

A bit strange.  Hard to criticise if we don't know what division we're in (we do) and we are talking about big wages, but surely, regardless of division, we know who we want to keep and who we don't want to keep.

• Like 1

Tbf, the whole of English football might be in a similar situation atm given all that's going off.

Still - having so many first team players out of contract at the same time was always a potential recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, the whole of English football might be in a similar situation atm given all that's going off.

Still - having so many first team players out of contract at the same time was always a potential recipe for disaster.

It would if those first team players had a history of delivering....as it is we need a reset and this may just be the opportunity for that

• Like 1

“Senior stars”.... behave. 

Tbh at this rate I’ll be dragging the Adidas World Cup’s out of the loft for next season, we look somewhat threadbare in terms of squad numbers.

Just hope the Gout holds off, although I’m still more mobile than some of the shower we currently have. 

• Haha 3

Might be missing something here, but how is being in the Championship or L1 (almost certainly) determining which U18 players we keep and U23 players for that matter? First team players I can understand as some of them may think they're better than L1 footballers (though many may be deluded in this respect). 

9 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Determine what league we are going to be in? Is that a joke, I’m not Einstein but I suggest we start planning for league one.

Joining the super league next week.

Chansiri is just waiting for them to call back.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Yes, but when you've got eight, nine players - in the starting XI - likely to leave in the summer, it is always going to be problematic.

Let's not pretend this was all part of some master strategy to start afresh next season. It is nothing but sheer incompetence.

I wish i could like this a 100 times. Its so true

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I worry if we have done nothing yet on contracts.

Not necessarily got players to sign the dotted line but at least sounded out player already here and at other clubs.

Other clubs will have done and that means we are already starting a step behind them when you want to be a step in front.

And you expected something else from the club....

You do know how we operate dont you...