Derby or Rotherham

Rotherham or Derby  

187 members have voted

1. 1. With Derby really trying to get relegated, who would we rather get relegated with us.

• Derby
    • Rotherham

Rotherham, as in theory they should be less of a threat next season, but then again that logic hasn't worked too well in our last matches against them.

In any case, I don't see the bottom 3 changing.  I am fairly confident that Derby, Hudders and Brum will all win at least one more game, and Cov will pick up a point or 2. So the target for survival is going to be 46/47 points at least.

Even with their games in hand, Rotherham probably won't hit that total. They are too inconsistent and fatigue from playing so many games in such a short time will continue to plague them.

And this goes without saying, but Wednesday have got no chance.

2 hours ago, Mac_77 said:

Would like to see Rotherham stay up.

Paul Warne has done a decent job on a small budget with a tiny squad, they have been hit with COVID on a few occasions and the EFL have just launched games at them, I think they have played 4 in 8 days, or are in the process of doing so.

I am by no means a Rotherham fan, but I am from Rotherham so like to see local teams doing well, I wouldn’t begrudge Barnsley getting promoted either.

If it was a straight choice between Wednesday and Rotherham staying up, obviously I’d choose Wednesday but we are too far gone now. 

There’s a bit of a love in for Derby at the minute on Talksport, as mentioned above, Frank Lampards Derby, Wayne Rooneys Derby $hite, it is annoying and would be far funnier to see them slum it in league one next year. 

behind this and operate within their means with a plan, all day over Shrek and Derby

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Derby will have more resources than Rotherham to mount a challenge in L1, however Rotherham already have a physical team that have done well in L1 so might actually be better equipped to meet the challenge. On balance I'd like to see Huddersfield go down.

they have every chance to go Huddersfield tbh

For anyone wanting Derby to come down, just remember that league 1 next season is already likely to have 3 from 4 of Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth and Charlton.

All powerful clubs at that level, and already better acclimatised than we will be.

We don't need Derby in the mix as well.

to think next season clubs like weds sunderland and derby to be in league 1 at the same time is unreal add to that portsmouth ipswich charlton ,when has the 3rd tier of football had a set of clubs as big as those at the same time? 

4 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

For anyone wanting Derby to come down, just remember that league 1 next season is already likely to have 3 from 4 of Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth and Charlton.

All powerful clubs at that level, and already better acclimatised than we will be.

with all those clubs there we could always pretend that it is the championship .

5 minutes ago, morganowl said:

with all those clubs there we could always pretend that it is the championship .

Except it won't be. We'll just be one of a few big clubs in a poo league, with a target on our back.

4 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Good point and everybody will be up to beat us.