Rov v Cov tonight

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Cov win 🤞...and rotherham to get relegated with us wud be just the ticket👍

Happy with that pal

Best start preparing for League One, 8 points adrift of Derby right now and worse gd and not going to catch up to that with 15 points left. Nothing in how we play suggest we'll miraculously win even 4 of those 5 remaining games. Forget about mathematical probability, face the reality of how poo and wobbly we have been all season, we're down.

Irrespective of how tonight's game played out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Lol it can swing our way if we won the next two, that’s how I see it. It’s low odds for sure but why give up before it’s confirmed when we just need a couple of rounds of fixtures to go the right way

Sorry for my flippant post mate 🙂 it's just that  (as I posted on another thread) if I had a quid for every time I have heard 'we need to win the next 2' recently....

It never happens, because we aren't good enough to win 2 in a row and the players don't want it enough. Incredible to think that, but they don't, as most are out of the door in a few weeks.

Cardiff was THE platform to go on a run and give us a decent chance in the last few games, and instead we go and fold abysmally against a team with nothing to play for, and then looked insipid against a team that has barely won a game lately.

Edited by Sheff74
  • Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

So that's the last and final of final nails in the coffin then.

How many more final nails can we have in this coffin😂

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

In fact.. this is Wednesday so I can totally see us winning 3 out of the next 4, taking it to the final day and then just losing anyway. It’s what we do

This 100%

We'd probably go 2-0 up on that final day too... then collapse like a withered old ball sack.

Edited by davey_wells

4 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

Not fussed with the result, shouldn't have got us in a situation where we rely on others.

Only the greatest optimist believed we were "relying" on anyone this evening. We were down before tonight. We've been down for longer than many cared to admit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Best start preparing for League One, 8 points adrift of Derby right now and worse gd and not going to catch up to that with 15 points left. Nothing in how we play suggest we'll miraculously win even 4 of those 5 remaining games. Forget about mathematical probability, face the reality of how poo and wobbly we have been all season, we're down.

We play Derby the last game of the season, so we need to make up 5 points in 4 games before that (I think if we did that and beat them the last day of the season we'd end up with a better goal difference anyway). Of those 4 games, we play 3 at home and 1 away; Derby play 3 away and 1 at home. So if we can somehow pick up some wins (big if, I know) it's not totally out of the question that we could go to their place still with a chance of finishing above them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sova said:

We play Derby the last game of the season, so we need to make up 5 points in 4 games before that (I think if we did that and beat them the last day of the season we'd end up with a better goal difference anyway). Of those 4 games, we play 3 at home and 1 away; Derby play 3 away and 1 at home. So if we can somehow pick up some wins (big if, I know) it's not totally out of the question that we could go to their place still with a chance of finishing above them.

Stop it - you're making me believe again!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

With Derby's goal difference being so much better than ours, we are basically 9pts behind them. 

Goal difference isn't a problem.

They are -16 and we are -20, but assuming we need to beat them to stay up on the last day of the season, that's at least 2 of the goals back straight away (assuming a one goal win). And also, to make up the 5 point gap that would need us to win two games while they lose one and draw one. So even if we only win 1-0 each time and they lose 1-0 and draw, that's another 3 goal swing.

Or if you're assuming a draw on the final day of the season, with both teams level on points, we would have to pick up 9 points (3 wins) while they lose 2 and draw the other. So again, even assuming the narrowest margin of victory possible for each match, we would be 1 goal ahead on goal difference.

Bigger problem is we are absolutely awful, don't have a manager, a left back or half the rest of a team and are incapable of winning matches. But at least the goal difference situation is promising.

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Goal difference isn't a problem.

They are -16 and we are -20, but assuming we need to beat them to stay up on the last day of the season, that's at least 2 of the goals back straight away (assuming a one goal win). And also, to make up the 5 point gap that would need us to win two games while they lose one and draw one. So even if we only win 1-0 each time and they lose 1-0 and draw, that's another 3 goal swing.

Or if you're assuming a draw on the final day of the season, with both teams level on points, we would have to pick up 9 points (3 wins) while they lose 2 and draw the other. So again, even assuming the narrowest margin of victory possible for each match, we would be 1 goal ahead on goal difference.

Bigger problem is we are absolutely awful, don't have a manager, a left back or half the rest of a team and are incapable of winning matches. But at least the goal difference situation is promising.

Exactly this lol.. the situation is there for the taking, it could be 47 points for 21st place now.

Its just that we’re not good enough to get that 

1 hour ago, Sova said:

I know we beat Derby but lets be honest they absolutely hammered us and did everything but score. Was just one of those games where the ball wouldnt go in for them. Kind of like the opposite of us v Cardiff. It happens sometimes.

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

I know we beat Derby but lets be honest they absolutely hammered us and did everything but score. Was just one of those games where the ball wouldnt go in for them. Kind of like the opposite of us v Cardiff. It happens sometimes.

And we never win at Derby we'll since dion Burton time I stand corrected