Rov v Cov tonight

32 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

People need to accept we are down, even if the best case scenario and win the last 5, we will still go down. Its over and has been for months.

I guarantee if we were to win all of the last 5 we would stay up. Sadly it's just not going to happen though.

1 hour ago, bobness said:

Only the greatest optimist believed we were "relying" on anyone this evening. We were down before tonight. We've been down for longer than many cared to admit.

I first said I thought we were doomed after we lost to Norwich the first time. 

The way we collapsed that day (late on) got the alarm bells ringing, particularly as we played ok and still managed to screw it up. 

Sadly, it appears I was right with the prediction. Sometimes you just get a bad feeling about a side. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

The difference it would make is that we won’t finish bottom, hope that helps 

No need to be a smart arse personally bottom or 2nd bottom are both massive failures for me and neither makes much difference. But if 2nd bottom floats your boat crack on .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

FFS!.

Get your head around it, WE ARE RELEGATED.

It dunt matter what other team's do.

I hope Rovrum stay up, it will hopefully, stop Wednesday fan's from being so arrogant and realise we are not a MASSIVE club, just another middling club.

Then, once we accept that, we can move on and up.

Aye and it’d stop the cocky buggers celebrating a(nother)

double next season - ‘limited edition ale wouldn’t be so unique then would it 😉

6 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I did say highly unlikely. Just think it's better to have more teams in touching distance. Games will catch up with Rotherham so I'm not overly concerned if they did win tonight. We won't have a better opportunity to close the gap then we have this week. 

BTW I think the only way we survive is by winning the last 5 games which is about as likely as winning the lottery lol

Win (last) 5 on the trot ?

That would appear to suggest that the “better [best] opportunity to close the gap” has been during (most of) the previous 41 fixtures 🤔

3 hours ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

The college I been to recently,  the tutor who is a massive Sheffield United fan,    on Monday I said I wont mention the football as he knows I support Sheffield Wednesday,   still thinks Wednesday can get out of trouble

I take it you are studying literacy ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Truth is out there said:

Win (last) 5 on the trot ?

That would appear to suggest that the “better [best] opportunity to close the gap” has been during (most of) the previous 41 fixtures 🤔

I did say it was highly unlikely and I don't believe we will do it. I would also suggest playing two teams at home who have nothing to play for and both out of form is our best opportunity of getting points and closing the gap to Derby. 

10 hours ago, Truth is out there said:

Prefer the ‘Pools’ missen

What’s the Brizzle score  gonna be ?

1-0 to us. Rhodes to score after 2 minutes then squeaky bum time for the next 95 minutes. 

15 hours ago, brando said:

Doesnt matter too us

Not good enough

Snowflake weak team,look at Lee's for Swanseas 1st goal,we deserve to go down,shyte....

Totally agree,thats why when i see a team of 'battlers' instead of a team of alleged 'bottlers' i put a shout out for them..they deserve it

Guest Andy W
20 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Looking at that I think we want Coventry to win. It’s not inconceivable Derby could lose at both Blackburn and Preston.. if we did beat Bristol and Blackburn at home we’d be 2 points behind with 3 games left.. would just need to match their results before a final day showdown.

Rotherham will be very leggy against Birmingham and Boro having played so many games this week, so can easily see them throwing a few games away now. We basically need Derby to lose the next 2, us to win the next 2 and Rotherham to lose the next 3 including tonight.

Next Wednesday the table would then read:

21 Derby Pl 43 Points 43

—————————————————

22 Wednesday Pl 43 Points 41

23 Rotherham Pl 42 Points 39

We’d basically need all those results just to be back in contention again. Really is clutching at straws now

The fly in the ointment being we must beat Bristol and Blackburn...how's that gunna happen?

We can't beat an egg (I mean regularly for all the 'but we beat Barnsley and Cardiff' brigade)

13 hours ago, SiJ said:

I first said I thought we were doomed after we lost to Norwich the first time. 

The way we collapsed that day (late on) got the alarm bells ringing, particularly as we played ok and still managed to screw it up. 

Sadly, it appears I was right with the prediction. Sometimes you just get a bad feeling about a side. 

I said the same when Pellupessy should have put us 2 up in that game and we were well in control. Seems to be the story of this season and I’ve had little confidence in any game I’ve seen since