Rov v Cov tonight

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I know people are saying let it go etc but if we win our next two, Coventry lose their next two and Derby also lose to Blackburn we can move to within a point or two of these and we still have Derby to play yet.

Give that the unbelievably unlikely scenario above is whats needed to even get us back in touch no wonder the Bookies have us as 1/33 odds on to go down!

2 hours ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Think we need a draw from this one, preferably with a 22 man scrap and points deductions for both as a result.

Just clinging on to hope...

FFS!.

Get your head around it, WE ARE RELEGATED.

It dunt matter what other team's do.

I hope Rovrum stay up, it will hopefully, stop Wednesday fan's from being so arrogant and realise we are not a MASSIVE club, just another middling club.

Then, once we accept that, we can move on and up.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Give that the unbelievably unlikely scenario above is whats needed to even get us back in touch no wonder the Bookies have us as 1/33 odds on to go down!

I did say highly unlikely. Just think it's better to have more teams in touching distance. Games will catch up with Rotherham so I'm not overly concerned if they did win tonight. We won't have a better opportunity to close the gap then we have this week. 

BTW I think the only way we survive is by winning the last 5 games which is about as likely as winning the lottery lol

5 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I did say highly unlikely. Just think it's better to have more teams in touching distance. Games will catch up with Rotherham so I'm not overly concerned if they did win tonight. We won't have a better opportunity to close the gap then we have this week. 

BTW I think the only way we survive is by winning the last 5 games which is about as likely as winning the lottery lol

I’d put the odds of escaping at about, I don’t know.....1/33 maybe?

Really hope Rotherham win,they are everything as a Club,manager,players,Chairman..that in my view 'we' allegedly are not.....they are a YO YO Club,they know it,and have cut there cloth to fit....

SWFC on the other hand? NEXT.....Lets see how the millionaires go on,on Sat................(not that it matters any more.....only DM it seems thinks we can still remain a Championship side....)

DREAM ON....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Coventry win tonight and the large lady will be on the stage belting out It's over...

Yep,

If we are to have any chance then it has to be a Rotherham win tonight because as it stands Coventry are fourth bottom and therefore the  team we have to catch.

Unfortunately though this theory all falls apart at that point as we have to win games to catch them, on that basis I think the result tonight is all a bit irrelevant.😢

Edited by morley

Guest Therealrealist
33 minutes ago, parajack said:

Really hope Rotherham win,they are everything as a Club,manager,players,Chairman..that in my view 'we' allegedly are not.....they are a YO YO Club,they know it,and have cut there cloth to fit....

SWFC on the other hand? NEXT.....Lets see how the millionaires go on,on Sat................(not that it matters any more.....only DM it seems thinks we can still remain a Championship side....)

DREAM ON....

Are you ok? Rovrum are a vile bitter little outfit...they came to s6 with the beggin bowls yet they despise us..their relegation as well as the proper pigs is the only thing that might cheer me up after this torrid campaign

4 hours ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Think we need a draw from this one, preferably with a 22 man scrap and points deductions for both as a result.

Just clinging on to hope...

We are down no question.

But who will fill the 3rd spot ...Rotherham V Coventry tonight is huge for those two plus Derby and Hudd.

I don't like Rotherham but I do hope they stay up over Hudd and Derby .

Guest LondonOwl313
31 minutes ago, morley said:

Yep,

If we are to have any chance then it has to be a Rotherham win tonight because as it stands Coventry are fourth bottom and therefore the  team we have to catch.

Unfortunately though this theory all falls apart at that point as we have to win games to catch them, on that basis I think the result tonight is all a bit irrelevant.😢

We have to catch Derby first and foremost because they have fewer games left and the last one is against us. If we were to win at Pride Park, effectively now we’re 5 points behind them with 4 games left. And we’d be 4 points behind Coventry and they have 6 games left. So Derby are easier to catch than Coventry.

Then it comes down to who is it easier to catch out of Rotherham and Coventry.. Coventry have 6 games left and 3 points more than Rotherham who have 8 games left. I think it’s easier to catch Rotherham given they have less points, will be leggy as they’re cramming in extra games and one of their games in hand is Brentford away.

So for me it’s Rotherham and Derby we’d need to finish above.. so Coventry victory tonight would be good for us. All academic though as we’d need to win games.