QPR - WEDNESDAY OMDT

Fly high Gurujuan 🙏 RIP, though I never knew you, I felt like I did, a legend to all who knew him it seems.
Guide The Wednesday to another massive 3pts, bar has been set and I have faith they will maintain this.  2 0 to the Owls. WAWAW

Like many others I didn’t know Gurujuan but enjoyed his posts. One of those that got me to participate with Owlstalk. RIP and thank you. Very fitting tribute Snoots aligned to the topical as well.

After Monday we must start with the same eleven with the same passion and commitment. Here’s fora win I’m not greedy it doesn’t need to be 5:0 but 2:0 with seconds to go would be great. WAWAW UTO

To stand a chance of staying up I think we need a min of 13 points from the last 7 games. 13 points from the available 21.

4 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses would do it.

It is a big ask. Today will be a big challenge after the win last week. 

• Like 1

Let's all get behind the superbly outstanding and magnificent Sheffield Wednesday today. A win will lead us on to a survival path which is within our grasp and we must do all we can to retain our status.

The one and only, truly resplendent ,Sheffield Wednesday need our voice so let's give it one massive shout for the finest.

Nowt else matters.

WAWAW

Screenshot_2021-04-08-17-35-33-587 (300x267).jpg

35 minutes ago, heppers said:

To stand a chance of staying up I think we need a min of 13 points from the last 7 games. 13 points from the available 21.

That's assuming Cov or Brum would get just 6 points from their last 6-7 games. Seems hopeful. I think we might need 5 wins.

If there's one thing this team has proven, especially over the last couple of years, is that they are incapable of playing well 2 games in a row. Any win today would be fantastic and unexpected. Might give us an idea of how we will play/set up in League 1. 

I don't do predictions, but just wanted say thank you to Snoots and everyone else for the touching tributes to Jon, Sam, Gurujuan, or by whichever moniker you got to know him. I was not really in his circle of friends, just close to someone who knew him well and after the original post, I was blown away by the response. No doubt he would have been too. He would have felt especially honoured to have the transfer and matchday thread dedicated to his passing. Being from Oxford, he adopted the Owls as his own team as a student in Sheffield and even after leaving the city, wore the colours with pride. If our boys could feel the same pride as he did in our shirt, then those 5-0 wins would not be as rare as they have recently become. Let's hope The Wednesday put the cream on the greatest eulogy I've witnessed on Owlstalk and send him off to Davy Jones locker (Not the Welsh one obvs) with another sweat and blood winning performance. Pirates take no prisoners!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Great tribute to a fine poster.

as for the game.

QpR are a good side. Their defence is well organised, the middle defender Dickie - ex Oxford- is a very good player and comfortable on the ball for a centre back. We will do well to get change out of him up front so might be relying on reach to lace up his shooting boots again.

a tight game , and a draw . 1-1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heppers said:

Personally disagree I think we need more than 13 points,  that would give us 48 and means Coventry and Birmingham etc are only needing 2 wins from 7 from reaching that too. Personally think we need a minimum of 15 points (5 wins) and even then it’s down to luck of what others will do. UTO

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1