Jump to content

Recommended Posts

               Jake Kean

Ash Baker,   Urby Emanuelson

Rhoys Wiggins                    Darryl Lachmann

     Rafael Floro   Almen Abdi

Gary Taylor Fletcher 

Sergiu Bus  Hallam Hope

     Jay Bothroyd. 

Sub. Francis Jeffers

 

Best worst XI  ? 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ola Tidman over Kean, by a long shot.  Purely because I never saw Kean play, but I did Tidman.

 

Also, if we're including loans (Bothroyd) then Jacob Butterfield is in with a Godzilla sized shout.

 

Along with....Jesus....Kenny Lunt.  What a wasteman he was.  

 

Ronnie Wallwork!  Oh man, you're making me annoyed and I've now going to bed with the hump.  I can't neg, so I shall love instead.  😡

 

 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You clearly weren't around in the mid 70's.

 

How about such luminaries as:

 

Ronnie Ferguson

Roy Coyle

Danny Cameron

Eddie Prudham

Neil Ramsbottom

David Herbert

Ian Nimmo

Andy Proudlove

Derek Bell

Peter Feeley

Fred McIver

 

Goodness knows how many others, and that's just between 73/74 and 75/76 seasons!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Ola Tidman over Kean, by a long shot.  Purely because I never saw Kean play, but I did Tidman.

 

Also, if we're including loans (Bothroyd) then Jacob Butterfield is in with a Godzilla sized shout.

 

Along with....Jesus....Kenny Lunt.  What a wasteman he was.  

 

Ronnie Wallwork!  Oh man, you're making me annoyed and I've now going to bed with the hump.  I can't neg, so I shall love instead.  😡

 

 


Lenny

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread (or similar) has been submitted loads of times, and coming on the back of one of our most uplifting and hopeful performances for years I will be squeezing every ounce of enjoyment out of Monday’s triumph rather than trying to trawl back through the years of abject mediocrity.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

               Jake Kean

Ash Baker,   Urby Emanuelson

Rhoys Wiggins                    Darryl Lachmann

     Rafael Floro   Almen Abdi

Gary Taylor Fletcher 

Sergiu Bus  Hallam Hope

     Jay Bothroyd. 

Sub. Francis Jeffers

 

Best worst XI  ? 


Yes that looks terrible,  as you’ve got a right back and left wing back as the only 2 central defenders, a centre back as a left wing back,  and a left back and striker in centre midfield.  Good work!

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

You clearly weren't around in the mid 70's.

 

How about such luminaries as:

 

Ronnie Ferguson

Roy Coyle

Danny Cameron

Eddie Prudham

Neil Ramsbottom

David Herbert

Ian Nimmo

Andy Proudlove

Derek Bell

Peter Feeley

Fred McIver

 

Goodness knows how many others, and that's just between 73/74 and 75/76 seasons!

They all sound like 70s ITV detectives or criminals

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:


Yes that looks terrible,  as you’ve got a right back and left wing back as the only 2 central defenders, a centre back as a left wing back,  and a left back and striker in centre midfield.  Good work!

Obviously I'm the manager that's why its poo poo

Edited by Daniele Giovanni
Error
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tidman

 

John Hills

Darren Purse

Dean Smith

Jon Besetherwick

 

Gary Teale

Tommy Miller

Darren Potter

Chris Sedgwick 

 

Francis Jeffers

Warren Feeney

 

Subs

Jacob Butterfield

Jay Bothroyd

Almen Abdi

Mark Renoylds

James Quinn

Ronnie Wallwork

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Ola Tidman over Kean, by a long shot.  Purely because I never saw Kean play, but I did Tidman.

 

Also, if we're including loans (Bothroyd) then Jacob Butterfield is in with a Godzilla sized shout.

 

Along with....Jesus....Kenny Lunt.  What a wasteman he was.  

 

Ronnie Wallwork!  Oh man, you're making me annoyed and I've now going to bed with the hump.  I can't neg, so I shall love instead.  😡

 

 

I was really happy about us signing Kenny lunt at the time, he'd always played a blinder against us for crewe and seemed to regularly pop upon the score sheet for them.... Disappointing. is probably the nicest way I can describe his time for us. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Tidman

 

John Hills

Darren Purse

Dean Smith

Jon Besetherwick

 

Gary Teale

Tommy Miller

Darren Potter

Chris Sedgwick 

 

Francis Jeffers

Warren Feeney

 

Subs

Jacob Butterfield

Jay Bothroyd

Almen Abdi

Mark Renoylds

James Quinn

Ronnie Wallwork

 

To be fair considering the difference in ability and reputation, I'd have slothroyd in the starting 11 ahead of feeney, at least the lad did put a shift in he just wasn't very good. Boothroyd on the other hand had all the talent and a shocking ego. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Tidman

 

John Hills

Darren Purse

Dean Smith

Jon Besetherwick

 

Gary Teale

Tommy Miller

Darren Potter

Chris Sedgwick 

 

Francis Jeffers

Warren Feeney

 

Subs

Jacob Butterfield

Jay Bothroyd

Almen Abdi

Mark Renoylds

James Quinn

Ronnie Wallwork

 

Purse and Smith wouldn’t get anywhere near a worst XI and I’m not sure many of the midfield would

 

Cranson and May have the centre half pairing sewn up.....Butterfield is a shoe in to start in midfield along with Dave Jones

 

Bothroyd and Nuhiu would start up top

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Tidman

 

John Hills

Darren Purse

Dean Smith

Jon Besetherwick

 

Gary Teale

Tommy Miller

Darren Potter

Chris Sedgwick 

 

Francis Jeffers

Warren Feeney

 

Subs

Jacob Butterfield

Jay Bothroyd

Almen Abdi

Mark Renoylds

James Quinn

Ronnie Wallwork

 


Definetly had worse than darren potter 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ola Tidman

 

Maurice Ross

Michael Morrison

Chris Carr

Jon Beswetherick

 

Wade Small

Kenny Lunt

Darren Potter

Paul Smith

 

Kim Olsen

Lee Bradbury

 

Reckon I could beat them by myself. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my years watching Wednesday 

 

GK-  Old Tidman 

 

RB- Chris Carr

CB- Danny Maddix

CB-Martin Taylor

LB- Jon Beswetherick 

 

RM- Gary Teale

CM- Jacob Butterfield 

CM- Danny Sonner 

LM- Petter Rudi 

 

CF- Kim Olsen 

CF- Jay Bothroyd 

 

Subs

 

GK- Brad Jones

Julian Bennett 

Franny Jeffers 

Paul McLaren 

David Graham 

Wayne Collins

Ashley Westwood 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

You clearly weren't around in the mid 70's.

 

How about such luminaries as:

 

Ronnie Ferguson

Roy Coyle

Danny Cameron

Eddie Prudham

Neil Ramsbottom

David Herbert

Ian Nimmo

Andy Proudlove

Derek Bell

Peter Feeley

Fred McIver

 

Goodness knows how many others, and that's just between 73/74 and 75/76 seasons!

 

Jim Hinch. Signed by Big Jack on a short term contract in late 1977, ten minutes as sub at Cambridge on the Saturday, contract cancelled on the Monday.

 

Oh, and how can you include Fred McIver in a worst XI? Brilliant, truly brilliant player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbf 80% of the players we’ve had since 2000 are contenders for our worst ever 11

 

The 2 stand out players for me though are Van Aken and Jon Beswetherick, two players massively out of their depth 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...