Pelupessy

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I actually think he would be ideal for League One. And would be an important player for us next season if we go down.

He is a shadow of the player Semedo was at that level. If we want to be successful we need better. He should be no more than a squad player at that level, never mind this level but as things stand he deserves his place in the current team. 

20 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

I think he'd get seven bells knocked out of him.

For all his 'fitness, reliability and effort' his physicality is poor- he's far too easily knocked off the ball and players drift past him at times as though he's standing still. His timing is also poor resulting in many a clumsy challenge and unnecessary free kick.

I think if that was all true he wouldn't even be a professional footballer because he offers very little on the ball.

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He is a shadow of the player Semedo was at that level. If we want to be successful we need better. He should be no more than a squad player at that level, never mind this level but as things stand he deserves his place in the current team. 

We don't know what he will be like yet at that level because he hasn't played there yet?.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think if that was all true he wouldn't even be a professional footballer because he offers very little on the ball.

We don't know what he will be like yet at that level because he hasn't played there yet?.

Semedo was miles better than him at this level too, I think it is fair to assume we will need better. 

Just now, pazowl55 said:

If Luongo stays he will play instead.

Like he has this season......putting trust in that might be an issue.

26 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I'm sorry mate. Just don't agree with you. When he's in the side I feel as though we're playing with a man short.

Never seen anything in him and frankly wonder how he gets on the pitch.

That said he does and if Bannan played further forward maybe it would help.

On the shybo front I can put up with people who aren't that great if they at least put effort in which Joey seems to do.

Can't say same for likes of Harris, Reach and Co. One useless and lazy, the other nesh and too often lazy.

My wheelie bin could do a better job than quite a few of the so and sos.

Edited by 33
DC Out

People that call pelupessy bad just cant possibly watch the game with impartiality. Hes a steady championship squad filler, hes allways available, he gives 100%, allways pointing and shouting. Yeah he might not be the best dm in the world but he isnt 7th on our problem list with this squad. I put it down to most folk miss understanding his job on the pitch, only thing I can think is the reason.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Travolski said:

People that call pelupessy bad just cant possibly watch the game with impartiality. Hes a steady championship squad filler, hes allways available, he gives 100%, allways pointing and shouting. Yeah he might not be the best dm in the world but he isnt 7th on our problem list with this squad. I put it down to most folk miss understanding his job on the pitch, only thing I can think is the reason.

Mate I’m 62 and can point and shout. In fact I do, quite a lot. But could I play championship football?  Well I could do better than pelepussy I reckon.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Mate I’m 62 and can point and shout. In fact I do, quite a lot. But could I play championship football?  Well I could do better than pelepussy I reckon.

Yes but can you organise a midfield so we pick up points in important football matches, that's the real question.?

• Haha 2

I thought Pelupessy had a great game today.  He did everything you'd want him to do  as a midfield ball winner.  People should keep in mind that he's not going to pass the ball like Bannan or run his nuts off up and down the pitch but Pelupessy will do for me as that player that sits in the middle and breaks up the opposition play.  

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This season, we've won twice as many points per game that Pelupessy has started in vs those he hasn't started.

Twice as many points.

How do we explain that?

I don't know SO because there are too many other variables.

You above all people on here will understand that (and I'm not being facetious.)

His strengths/weaknesses have been done to death but for the most part, imo, he does little but shadow BB, leaving us with what is, in effect, a physically very frail, one man, CM.

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I thought Pelupessy had a great game today.  He did everything you'd want him to do  as a midfield ball winner.  People should keep in mind that he's not going to pass the ball like Bannan or run his nuts off up and down the pitch but Pelupessy will do for me as that player that sits in the middle and breaks up the opposition play.  

This, 

Did his job and did it well today.