Is there anything left than Chansiri could do to win fans over?

Just now, 1867Heaven said:

Commy cnnt 😂😂😂😂

Gonna have to pick this up another time on another Fred mate...nice chatting to you, just remember though, just cus we don’t all agree doesn’t mean don’t want the same thing...

Totally mate - I really appreciate you putting forward your skewed twisted views on what you think is happening to our club and find your pro-chansiri stance a bizarre one but ultimately we all just want the club to succeed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

He won’t....the guy clearly feels very deeply about our points deduction, Derby didn’t get one, their owner has lost interest and if he doesn’t offloadthem the that Alonso bloke and they go down the future is bleak for them....his obsession over the points deduction backs up my opinion perfectly when looking at the anti Chansiri lot.....would you rather be in Derby’s shoes? Mel Morris is a “fan” remember...their accounts were late and are still not up to date, they sold their stadium, their in mountains of debt but their owner has stopped bank rolling them.....I’d much rather be a Wednesdayite than a Derby fan at the moment...but they didn’t get a points deduction so......

Lets make it multiple choice so that it is a bit easier for you. Is it: 

a. 0

b. None

c. Zero

d. All of the above

• Haha 2

The "he had a go" argument held some weight a few years ago, but DC has had more than enough time to sort out the issues at the club.

Said in previous threads and stand by it that I don't think DC is a bad bloke but he's been naive and stubborn and you can't afford to be both of those things and want to succeed in football.

Like I say, he's had more than enough time to change things, put round pegs in round holes.

He'll get a shock if he thinks he can carry on running the club like the one man band that he is and get us back up from League One IF we get relegated.

On 27/04/2021 at 12:46, 1867Heaven said:

Hull fans seem happy don’t they lately? Multiple Wembley trips and premier league he gave them before they all decided to boycott...then they drop down to league 1 and they’re all happy again....funny lot these football fans, but don’t think you’re judge and jury of what makes a football fan.

a lot of Hull City fans started their boycott well before the Wembley game v you. didnt you spot the empty seats?

this is after once holding the record attendance at wembley for a championship play off final v bristol city.

no one has forgotten or forgiven our owners for the way they ruined our last stab at the premier league. forcing brucey to walk before a ball was kicked and installing a guy who had never managed at any level as our boss with a squad of only 14 players.

i know of plenty of lifelong fans who have vowed never to go to a home game while the allams have been running the club.

we are obviously happy with promotion. obviously its better than a relegation season

but most fans arent happy with the owners and would love them out of the picture.

but to imply we started boycotting after the success had gone is misinformed.

our last season in the prem our crowds were lower than some of our games in league 2.

the prem is rubbish anyway imho. the media make out its the only place worth playing and the best league in the world.  but what with all the gamesmanship cheating diving play-acting the players should be embarrassed and i cant idolise them like back in the day.

i dont mind you lot slagging hull and hull city off, but to change the facts is a bit below the belt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hullite said:

a lot of Hull City fans started their boycott well before the Wembley game v you. didnt you spot the empty seats?

this is after once holding the record attendance at wembley for a championship play off final v bristol city.

no one has forgotten or forgiven our owners for the way they ruined our last stab at the premier league. forcing brucey to walk before a ball was kicked and installing a guy who had never managed at any level as our boss with a squad of only 14 players.

i know of plenty of lifelong fans who have vowed never to go to a home game while the allams have been running the club.

we are obviously happy with promotion. obviously its better than a relegation season

but most fans arent happy with the owners and would love them out of the picture.

but to imply we started boycotting after the success had gone is misinformed.

our last season in the prem our crowds were lower than some of our games in league 2.

the prem is rubbish anyway imho. the media make out its the only place worth playing and the best league in the world.  but what with all the gamesmanship cheating diving play-acting the players should be embarrassed and i cant idolise them like back in the day.

i dont mind you lot slagging hull and hull city off, but to change the facts is a bit below the belt.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. This is something I've said on here a few times, so credit to you for coming on here and telling a Hull fans side of the story. It's fans that suffer at the end of the day and, if a football fans forum like this can't see some parallels in that, then we are all blind.

Your attendance at Wembley that day was shocking from the outside looking in. If you were collectively boycotting the final, then credit to the ones that stayed away. I empathise with those who did and, those who didn't, go.

Fans have more power than they/we probably realise. To not go to a game is a show of force that shouldn't go unrecognised by owners. However they are often so seemingly delusional, that they probably don't care. Until such times as it hits them in their pockets.

Good luck with forcing your owners out. I think we are treading the same path.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/03/2021 at 00:34, victorturner said:

Why would he do that now when his money is all that is keeping the club from dying?
Pessimist? 
Prepared to listen to how a bankrupted club with no money to pay wages, unable to recruit decent players on decent wages and decent managers , and unable to prevent good youth products from leaving , can possibly be anything more than a mid table League 1 team. We cannot even aspire to build a team around good youth players.

Analysis is bang on the money,but i think you forget it could easily change with a different owner,and as we know,even with our current situation,people are still interested in the Club.....

On 13/03/2021 at 00:29, TomtheOwl95 said:

I was speaking to a Coventry fan on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. He told me they don't even talk much about their owners anymore because of how well they have done over the last few years.

The same COULD happen here if Chansiri changed the way he operates. Like I said in another thread the other day, which people didn't seem to agree with, best case scenario is Chansiri does just that and changes his ways, allows others to run the club and takes a back seat.

There's nothing wrong in accepting you have made mistakes and if he took some responsibility for them, I think most reasonable fans would accept that and not be as critical while he went about implementing a strategy and whatever else, I genuinely don't think he realises this.

Yeah the same 'Coventry' who were founder members of the PL like us......

From the moment he fired Roeder and co things went pear shaped,he found a new friend on a trip to disneyland paris who whispered "premier league tickets here" and here we are storming our way down league one, 350 million lighter and the same crap advisor and we even re sign the old crap we binned off yonks ago at a huge loss.

You couldnt make this sheet up its a recurring nightmare, when will Chansiri wake up, FFS appoint a football savvy CEO, keep your nose out of football matters and let football people run the club, thats what they do and fire the hangers on, well hanger.

• Like 3

"Football isn't like any other business......":Chansiri: 

And despite this you tried to run it like a sole trader, neglected the advice of professionals, relied on the advice of parties with their own interests at heart. Proceeded to cut corners whilst at the same time spending and wasted tens of millions....... all the time placing blind faith in your own ability to know better than people that have spent their lives in and around the game. 

Sold our home, sponsored us with imaginary businesses and flirted with Walter Mitty types, embarrassed us no end. You took us backwards at a remarkable pace, the only pace we've seen in years..........

I'm only grateful for a couple of months respite this summer and a brief flirtation with the remote possibility that we'd turned a corner and learnt how to conduct ourselves. Yet, here we are, it already feels like we're approaching another crossroads with a manager that seems like a great bloke, relates to players but doesn't know a deal tactically..........or so it seems at least.

For me, promotion within two seasons of going down would be an achievement, I don't see it though. We've still got the stench of a big club that doesn't know its own place in the game. We need to adapt to life in this league much faster than we're seeing to even start to progress. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1