Is there anything left than Chansiri could do to win fans over?

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

it is a simple enough question...how many?

But you’re answer basically claimed that a club is well ran so long as it doesn’t have a points deduction, almost every club operates at a massive loss, football as an industry spends 110% of all turnover on wages alone in England’s top 4 leagues....if Gary Hooper hadn’t of gotten injured just before Huddersfield games we could be sat mid table in the prem.....to answer your question, I’d give a conservative guess that at least 80 of the other 91 clubs are badly ran...

2 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Hull brought in Lee Darnborough in 2017 to be head of recruitment and work along side their first team coach to identify players, like all clubs some players have been better than others but its certainly worked and now Darnborough is in line for sporting director at Wolves,

They had a plan and the owners let them get on with it. 

So to summarise Lee Darnborough failed for 3 years before getting it right? Would our fans allow that time? No....this place would of hounded him out rather quickly if you ask me

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, A47Owl said:

Norwich are an example of how things should be run. 

One of the most respected DOF's in the lower leagues. A decent manager whose been given time and an owner who keeps her nose out of football matters. Or so it seems. Apart from the "Let's be aving yer" rant she's done a good job at the club. 

They will be on a sounder and more experienced footing in the prem next season. 

Let's be aving yer DC. 

And yet they were on the brink before the year they went up with dem lot....this is my point exactly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Still shocked that someone in this thread thinks our current situation is fine and nothing at all to do with the chairman because we always get promoted and relegated in our history

FFS

Incredible 

I am still shocked that it has taken so many people on here, three or four years to realise that DC has wasted not only a lot of his own money, but also all of the club's money, a lot of which has been paid in by the fans. That money, despite DC dismissing our input as peanuts, is obviously a much bigger part of the club's operating capital than DC would ever give us credit for, otherwise why would he be so insistent at the beginning of his ownership to put the season tickets up at all? A percentage of peanuts is just another handful of peanuts. We can all multiply our average home attendance by the average ticket price and come up with a reasonable income for the club for any given season. If DC had run the club properly, for the money that DC says he has spent from his own pocket, we could have all gone to watch for half the price of the old Maderic era ticket prices over the last three, or four seasons and still had a better set of players than we have had over that time and maybe even watched a season or two of premiership football into the bargain. 

At least the bloke has had a go!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

- Repeated transfer embargo’s.....  Very population football now a days.

- Changed the badge without consultation..... To our old badge, our first ever badge if I’m not mistaken

- Has his name across the North Stand and the shirt.....To allow him to invest more money, how many owners name stadiums after themselves?

- First ever points deduction in clubs history......for spending to much money!!!

- No longer own the ground....agreed this is disappointing but again not the only club who has done this to generate funding

- Most expensive kits in the league....simply not true, most expensive shirts by a few quid but kit prices are a few quid below on average.

- Pre-Covid most expensive ticket prices....again not true, single walk up tickets are high but no higher than Norwich, Ipswich and Leeds have been in recent years, tickets for people with children are less than most clubs in the league.

- Poor asset management which has left us with a weaker squad and allows our young players to walk away for f all.....I do agree with this but if it was a point worthy of the grief he gets then you would t need all the other non examples to try and make your argument more impressive.

- Managerial circus this season......gets castrates for keeping his to long......gets castrated for sacking managers....is Moore not the best of the 3?

- STILL not refunded all fans for last years season tickets - it’s been over a year.....fed up of this....are you a fan or a customer? It’s make your mind up time

- His recruitment team have assembled a rubbish squad with the mental strength of a cheesy Wotsit (crumble consistently).....you’ve already said this but with different words....

- We’re getting relegated.......

You've got the wrong guy mate, I agree with 99.9% of everything said actually apart from the going down bit, because there is a very very small possibility that we could still survive and I have seen much stranger things happen!

A sensible man might give us the things I asked for, but DC is not that man, so he is going straight to hell and even his elephants cannot prevent that unless he balances the Karma out by clearing all our debts, giving the ground back to the club and gifting the club to the fans with some money in the bank to cover cash flow for six months!

🦉 UTO!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I am still shocked that it has taken so many people on here, three or four years to realise that DC has wasted not only a lot of his own money, but also all of the club's money, a lot of which has been paid in by the fans. That money, despite DC dismissing our input as peanuts, is obviously a much bigger part of the club's operating capital than DC would ever give us credit for, otherwise why would he be so insistent at the beginning of his ownership to put the season tickets up at all? A percentage of peanuts is just another handful of peanuts. We can all multiply our average home attendance by the average ticket price and come up with a reasonable income for the club for any given season. If DC had run the club properly, for the money that DC says he has spent from his own pocket, we could have all gone to watch for half the price of the old Maderic era ticket prices over the last three, or four seasons and still had a better set of players than we have had over that time and maybe even watched a season or two of premiership football into the bargain. 

At least the bloke has had a go!

Absolutely. Bloke pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1867Heaven said:

But you’re answer basically claimed that a club is well ran so long as it doesn’t have a points deduction, almost every club operates at a massive loss, football as an industry spends 110% of all turnover on wages alone in England’s top 4 leagues....if Gary Hooper hadn’t of gotten injured just before Huddersfield games we could be sat mid table in the prem.....to answer your question, I’d give a conservative guess that at least 80 of the other 91 clubs are badly ran...

So how many of the other badly operated clubs have a points deduction this year? I thought that this was a reasonably simple question and it’s a fairly fundamental issue for a football club but you seem to be struggling to understand it. WOULD UPPER CASE HELP?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

So how many of the other badly operated clubs have a points deduction this year? I thought that this was a reasonably simple question and it’s a fairly fundamental issue for a football club but you seem to be struggling to understand it. WOULD UPPER CASE HELP?

I said that most football clubs are badly ran, my whole point on this issue is football is badly ran, you asked how many others are badly ran and cited a points reduction as, I presume, the deciding factor...Bury didn’t get a points deduction, would you rather go down that route? Derby didn’t and they are in a much worse position than us if they go down, Bolton, Wigan and Birmingham all got points deductions last season, Man City blagged their way out of a European ban, Real Madrid have had transfer embargo’s in recent years, Barca are a billion in debt, the champions are signing centre backs from the championship on deadline day....open your eyes and see it for what it is, Chansiri has made many mistakes but baring a miracle he’s still our best bet going forward.

7 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

I said that most football clubs are badly ran, my whole point on this issue is football is badly ran, you asked how many others are badly ran and cited a points reduction as, I presume, the deciding factor...Bury didn’t get a points deduction, would you rather go down that route? Derby didn’t and they are in a much worse position than us if they go down, Bolton, Wigan and Birmingham all got points deductions last season, Man City blagged their way out of a European ban, Real Madrid have had transfer embargo’s in recent years, Barca are a billion in debt, the champions are signing centre backs from the championship on deadline day....open your eyes and see it for what it is, Chansiri has made many mistakes but baring a miracle he’s still our best bet going forward.

H O W  M A N Y  O T H E R  C L U B S  H A V E  A  P O I N T S  D E D U C T I O N ?

Edited by kobayashi
  • Love 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why would it mean going down that route?

It’s your man who seems to think the one true benchmark for a well ran football club is if it’s got a points deduction and I called you Stalin to follow up from this afternoons Commy dig that you seemed to enjoy, you reply to cropped comments so someone scanning through only sees what you want them to see

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'm not confident you will ever get a response to your question

lol

He won’t....the guy clearly feels very deeply about our points deduction, Derby didn’t get one, their owner has lost interest and if he doesn’t offloadthem the that Alonso bloke and they go down the future is bleak for them....his obsession over the points deduction backs up my opinion perfectly when looking at the anti Chansiri lot.....would you rather be in Derby’s shoes? Mel Morris is a “fan” remember...their accounts were late and are still not up to date, they sold their stadium, their in mountains of debt but their owner has stopped bank rolling them.....I’d much rather be a Wednesdayite than a Derby fan at the moment...but they didn’t get a points deduction so......

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's not said that though?

He has strongly indicted it and keeps banging on about it, I’ve mentioned several clubs and several scenarios to back up what I’m saying, but his response to my comment on badly ran clubs has only seen him mention one thing....a points deduction