Is there anything left than Chansiri could do to win fans over?

48 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

I’m not for one second saying Chansiri is t to blame for any of it....it’s the haters who are drawing a line and demanding what side were all on....he’s made mistakes, continues to do so tbf but how many football clubs are well ran?? If we scrape staying up this season and Chansiri declares a big push and spends again in the summer are people going to start kicking off about that? If we’re sat in top 6 but clearly spending like we did before? 

A small amount might do so but most people will just forget about what’s gone and look to the future again, there’s not going to be some white knight come in and save us, get behind the club, get behind the owner.

This post highlights that amazingly some people out there think we are well run or that some people out there think it is acceptable that we are extremely poorly run and that we have been stagnating and declining for years due to 2 years of unsustainable vanity between 2015 and 2017. 

Either way it's scary to me. 

• Love 1

He needs to come out and hold his hands up. Apologise for the mess he's got us in and explain how he's going to get us out of it. 

He then needs to put experienced football people in charge of running the club on a day to day basis and have a proper structure in place. He needs to employ an ex player or someone who the fans already have a positive relationship with as the go between the fans and the club with all communication going through them. 

It is fixable he just needs to get everything right going forward and him admitting to his mistakes would go a very long way of fixing this

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Hull fans seem happy don’t they lately? Multiple Wembley trips and premier league he gave them before they all decided to boycott...then they drop down to league 1 and they’re all happy again....funny lot these football fans, but don’t think you’re judge and jury of what makes a football fan.

Hull brought in Lee Darnborough in 2017 to be head of recruitment and work along side their first team coach to identify players, like all clubs some players have been better than others but its certainly worked and now Darnborough is in line for sporting director at Wolves,

They had a plan and the owners let them get on with it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Green Calx said:

He needs to come out and hold his hands up. Apologise for the mess he's got us in and explain how he's going to get us out of it. 

He then needs to put experienced football people in charge of running the club on a day to day basis and have a proper structure in place. He needs to employ an ex player or someone who the fans already have a positive relationship with as the go between the fans and the club with all communication going through them. 

It is fixable he just needs to get everything right going forward and him admitting to his mistakes would go a very long way of fixing this

These things would have happened years ago. He won't come out. He won't change. He won't take advice on board. He just can't. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

This post highlights that amazingly some people out there think we are well run or that some people out there think it is acceptable that we are extremely poorly run and that we have been stagnating and declining for years due to 2 years of unsustainable vanity between 2015 and 2017. 

Either way it's scary to me. 

It's baffling

It's like people are confused and believe that criticising Chansiri and his actions that have got us where we are, is somehow having a pop at Sheffield Wednesday FC

We saw the same when Dave Allen was around 

You always get em

"Uberfans" is the term for em

I thought they'd finally all died out as they realised the damage being done by the owner of the club but seems there's the odd one left

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

These things would have happened years ago. He won't come out. He won't change. He won't take advice on board. He just can't. 

I completely agree but if he is ever going to do it now would be the perfect time to do it. It would restore some faith in him 

Guest LondonOwl313
21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Remind me though mate - how many millions has the chairman spent since he came?

Will just repeat that when he took over the club was debt free, we had our own stadium, we were treating our fans ‘ok’, our squad was Better than the current one and we weren’t getting relegated

I don’t know, probably about £150m. But it was all in years 1 and 2, when we were actually half decent. It’s been criminal the way he’s allowed the squad to run down since... we haven’t spent much since 2017 and that’s why we’re going down

17 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

get rid of Paxo and the rest of the recruitment team and give the power to Moore as well as money for a rebuild

Absolutely! 

Moore been around long enough to know people in the game who can recruit the players he needs.

-Sheffield Wednesday lose all their promising youth talent for frees

-Those that stay stagnate at how good they were at 20

-Sheffield Wednesday make multiple players millionaires to never play football (Adbi, Emanuleson, Odubajo etc)

-Sheffield Wednesday upset thousands of fans by not refunding them... 9 months after refund requests were sent

-Sheffield Wednesday sell one of most historic stadiums in country to offset huge losses

-Sheffield Wednesday get 6 point deduction for failing to sell stadium properly

-Sheffield Wednesday, in all likelihood, get relegated when without said points deduction they would survive

-Tony Pulis describes Wednesday as the most dysfunctional/unprofessional setup he's encountered in his career

@1867Heaven "AlL cLuBs ArE bAdLy RuN. At LeAsT hE tRiEd"

Sure buddy. Sure.

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t know, probably about £150m. But it was all in years 1 and 2, when we were actually half decent. It’s been criminal the way he’s allowed the squad to run down since... we haven’t spent much since 2017 and that’s why we’re going down

Depends how far back you want to go? We haven't spent much since 2017 due to us being in multiple embargos, mainly due to having a crippling unsustainable wage bill.  

• Love 1

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Depends how far back you want to go? We haven't spent much since 2017 due to us being in multiple embargos, mainly due to having a crippling unsustainable wage bill.  

Well yeah it’s basically the equivalent of having spent on the credit card in 2015-2017 and then spent the last 4 years paying the credit card off until the contracts expire. But no new investment whilst the good players gradually left and the ones that stayed got gradually worse while supplementing them with complete garbage 

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well yeah it’s basically the equivalent of having spent on the credit card in 2015-2017 and then spent the last 4 years paying the credit card off until the contracts expire. But no new investment whilst the good players gradually left and the ones that stayed got gradually worse while supplementing them with complete garbage 

True

Literally however this chairman's running of the club is examined it just turns out to be absolutely horrific doesn't it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I’m not bothered whether he apologises or not, as long as he either sells us or makes some serious changes in his strategy.  He’s messed up off the pitch big time and ironically the six points that he’s responsible for us losing will probably be the difference between us staying up and going down.  The players not being paid on time is another off field tell tale of just what a shambles it must be behind the scenes. On the field his player recruitment has been odd, His manager recruitment has left our players shell shocked and confused.  I gave him a lot of slack but he just never learns - and that’s the worrying part. Where will it end, L1 , L2 for 10 years ? Administration ? Liquidation ?. All those are more likely than the Premiership. I would love to know what he thinks of himself when he’s all alone, just assessing things.

12 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Pretty much yeah

On 12/03/2021 at 16:39, Gob_Bluth said:

That's all anyone has really wanted from the get go

Leave the money to the money people

Leave the football to the football people

If you have good football people looking after the football that will often look after the money too.

• Like 1

Norwich are an example of how things should be run. 

One of the most respected DOF's in the lower leagues. A decent manager whose been given time and an owner who keeps her nose out of football matters. Or so it seems. Apart from the "Let's be aving yer" rant she's done a good job at the club. 

They will be on a sounder and more experienced footing in the prem next season. 

Let's be aving yer DC. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I agree with your first 2 points but Waddle and Megson are yesterday's news in terms of football and Howard is now in his late 70s! We need new blood who reflects the modern game.

Admission prices need to be reduced but how do you do that when people have 3 and 5 year season tickets? POTD prices should be brought down to an acceptable level

Yes I agree that the people I named are from an older footballing world, but for the point about having somebody "like"; Wilkinson, Waddle, Megson etc, I just meant having somebody that really cares about the club, the history the fans etc, rather than just have somebody in an advisory role that is just making money out of the club, for making twee short term decisions based purely on keeping the owner happy in the short term, rather than planning for the long term future of the club. Maybe that could be a role for somebody like Nigel Pearson now that his managerial powers seem to be at a low ebb? 

I always felt that the forward selling of season tickets was wrong. Even if the small print says that the owners of those tickets could gain or lose out, depending on whether we get out of the division by going up, or down a division. A bit like shares and pension projections etc. That is not my concern thankfully, but along with others I did point out way back when it first popped up, that forward selling was dangerous for various reasons, especially if we have already spent the money coming in for those forward sold tickets. If so, then we are effectively robbing our future, especially when putting that money into the hands of our current player sourcing staff. A lot can happen in three seasons, or just one season, as we have seen in this one.