Is there anything left than Chansiri could do to win fans over?

He has already, a bit.

Moore's appointment was hailed by one and all at the time, so that we're currently struggling on the green stuff cannot be laid at his door.

What we are, where we are, isn't exclusively down to Channers.

If we get an owner in in the early '60s when the maximum wage goes then maybe Catterick doesn't go to Everton and/or we win the '66 final and/or we don't go down in '70...

If diamond Dave Richards and co. get an owner in in the '90s then maybe we never go down in 2000...

Know what I mean?

This steaming, stinking dung heap wasn't built in a day - it's been lovingly tended to for generations.

• Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

He has already, a bit.

Moore's appointment was hailed by one and all at the time, so that we're currently struggling on the green stuff cannot be laid at his door.

If we get an owner in in the early '60s when the maximum wage goes then maybe Catterick doesn't go to Everton and/or we win the '66 final and/or we don't go down in '70...

If diamond Dave Richards and co. get an owner in in the '90s then maybe we never go down in 2000...

Know what I mean?

This steaming, stinking dung heap wasn't built in a day - it's been lovingly tended to for generations.

I agree with all this apart from Moore being hailed by one and all. With his record, he was a gamble and plenty said that at the time.

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

He has already, a bit.

Know what I mean?

I love it!... on a Saturday...righto love I’m just nipping down to the steaming,stinking dungheap!! 

ok love have fun!

Fun FUN!! 

silly mare has started early on the Gin today🤪

Guest Jack the Hat
6 hours ago, poite said:

Just a quick point. I'm seeing a lot of talk about chansiri not learning and also alot of comparisons to us and Coventry. In another thread there already seems to be talk of replacing Darren Moore. 

Seems odd all that. If chansiri needs to change the first thing he should do is what many have suggested, look at Coventry. Mark Robins has been manager there since 2017 and 4 years later they are 3rd in the championship after 9 games. He hasn't done it immediately. 

Let Darren Moore do his job. Let him work with this squad that he was pieced together and let's have some patience for once. The manager merry-go-round hasn't worked for us has it.

Will sticking with a bad manager work?

Guest Jack the Hat
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Will sacking yet another manager and end up in the turmoil that is the new manager market work?

If we end up with the right man for the job, yes. If United had stuck with Adkins in league 1 (an established championship manager) rather than sacking him after less than a year they wouldn't have chanced upon Wilder. Seems pointless treading water for a season or so with a manager who looks out of his depth, for the sake of it.

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Will sacking yet another manager and end up in the turmoil that is the new manager market work?

If he appoints a better one yes.

I for One don’t want Moore out yet, think his work off the field has been good so far but the signs on the field are very worrying and he doesn’t seem to see the blatant problems we’re having and he is causing. 

We have a very good squad, if we don’t pick up both points wise and style wise (as currently we don’t have one, this is my major gripe I can’t see what were meant to be doing) then we’ll be left with no choice but to look for a change. We should be pushing at the top. Yes it will take time, but there are no signs yet and despite everyone under the sun being able to see what needs to change he doesn’t seem to wanna know. 

12 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

If we end up with the right man for the job, yes. If United had stuck with Adkins in league 1 (an established championship manager) rather than sacking him after less than a year they wouldn't have chanced upon Wilder. Seems pointless treading water for a season or so with a manager who looks out of his depth, for the sake of it.

I doubt Wilder would drop down to league 1 to take charge of us. 

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Will sticking with a bad manager work?

No, but we haven't seen anywhere near enough to determine whether he is a bad manager or not yet. 

Sacking him will not solve our problems imo. We have a decent squad, alot of which I believe came here because of DM so we need to give them all time. 

• Like 2

On 12/03/2021 at 18:02, poite said:

Yes. 

Forget the results 

Forget the Premier League 

Forget 'big' name signings and managers 

Just give me a club I'm proud to support. I don't need any of the above for that to happen. 

If we persist in the hope and belief that we will get back to the PL, we are doomed to fail.

It is not going to happen.

We are a L1 side, and not a very good one at that.

It would be a start to have a team that we think can play well and win a few games.

At the moment, when we score first I expect the opposition to equalize at least.

When the opposition score first it's game over.

Until that changes we are knackered