Wilder Sacked, all Sheffield's at it!

3 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

The way Utd fans are reacting to wilders exit is like there has been a death in the family ....Wilder is exactly like warnock .. Great at polishing uncut diamonds from the lower leagues but give them money and they waste it big time .... Oli mcburnie and Brewster at nearly 50 m for the pair ....joke signings ........He’s great at motivating average players to over perform for him but he’s been found out now ....endless bad performance records for a premier league team was embarrassing him .............Dean Henderson was the main reason for Utds rapid rise up the leagues but you can’t keep Man Utd loan players forever!!!!

I think there's merit in what you say.

Wilder went through Bassett's academy, and there are strong similarities between them, although the brand of football differs.

Bassett was very similar in that he was great at rescuing lost causes but didn't spend big money well.

That said, Wilder has been managing what is essentially a Championship team in the PL for the last couple of seasons.

And Brewster may come good when he gets some service.

It's hard to understand precisely why Wilder would have been so resistant to a Director of Football coming in.

He'd have had far more of a case if he'd shown that such an appointment wouldn't have been necessary by spending the money he'd been given these last couple of seasons (and particularly last summer) far more wisely; as it is though, he'd pinned there hopes on a young, albeit promising, lad that had never player Premier League football, and indeed only half o

It's hard to understand precisely why Wilder would have been so resistant to a Director of Football coming in.

He'd have had far more of a case if he'd shown that such an appointment wouldn't have been necessary by spending the money he'd been given these last couple of seasons (and particularly last summer) far more wisely; as it is though, he'd pinned there hopes on a young, albeit promising, lad that had never player Premier League football, and indeed only a half (though successful) season at Championship level.

I can understand fully why the owner wants a little more oversight and direction when it comes to their transfer policy.

He's done an outstanding job for them, mind, and I also think they'll probably struggle to come straight back, but it's very possible anyway that Wilder had taken them as far as he could. The guy has some serious qualities when it comes to management, but you have to wonder about his ability to really step up to them Prem; expecting to manage a Premier League club without being willing to work within a wider structure where you don't exert full control is ridiculous really. You can't spend a combined 40-odd million on the likes of Brewster and McBurnie, have so few goals in return and not expect some questions to come your way.

Still, I believe the Prince will regret this hugely in the years to come, but equally, I could see Wilder regretting his inability to be more willing to accept a structure more fitting of a Premier League club.

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
4 hours ago, cowl said:

He'd have had far more of a case if he'd shown that such an appointment wouldn't have been necessary by spending the money he'd been given these last couple of seasons (and particularly last summer) far more wisely; as it is though, he'd pinned there hopes on a young, albeit promising, lad that had never player Premier League football, and indeed only a half (though successful) season at Championship level.

I can understand fully why the owner wants a little more oversight and direction when it comes to their transfer policy.

He's done an outstanding job for them, mind, and I also think they'll probably struggle to come straight back, but it's very possible anyway that Wilder had taken them as far as he could. The guy has some serious qualities when it comes to management, but you have to wonder about his ability to really step up to them Prem; expecting to manage a Premier League club without being willing to work within a wider structure where you don't exert full control is ridiculous really. You can't spend a combined 40-odd million on the likes of Brewster and McBurnie, have so few goals in return and not expect some questions to come your way.

Still, I believe the Prince will regret this hugely in the years to come, but equally, I could see Wilder regretting his inability to be more willing to accept a structure more fitting of a Premier League club.

Who's to say a DOF will spend the money more wisely and if the board or advisors get involved it could be suicide. Hope Paixao applies I'll pay for the D taxi. 

10 hours ago, Dandrewchaz said:

Sheffield Utd had ben extremely lucky with their injuries since he took over but this season there had been a reversal of fortunes with key players out. They didn't have other players that suited their plan A and plan b was just crap. Guessing he left so he can he say he was never relegated and would have kept the up if he had the January signings he wanted.  If they are going to push for going back up they'll need cover but don't think that will be possible with their wage budget. My guess (and hope is that it will be a Sunderland style plummet).

The only other major injury i can remember was Couts?  when he was injured it derailed their season

this season injuries, and rubbish signings, have derailed their season

Seems the best manager ever, according to some on here, cant cope with players being injured

simple what's happened to them and other clubs

he converted a pub side into a unit, 2 promotions with basically same unified team unit good season in PL 

given shed load of cash, threw it away on expensive failures refused to play previous goal scoring capt til it's too late, all this upset that unit and subsequent collapse in team performance - owner upset that cash thrown away, wants to get someone in to oversee future spending, Pep wilder gets upset threatens to leave, owner lets him. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

So the words ‘not at all’...offended you..ok...please dont ever comment on my posts again...and I will return the favour🥴

It offended me also , why do you feel the need to use such language ?

And on Mothers day of all days !

• Haha 1

I think a certain type of player responds to Wilder. I am guessing here, but I can’t see him and some of the teenage millionaires being on the same page. They’ve already been rewarded, he is good at selling players who might have lost their way a dream. I thought he might’ve got more from Burke actually.

• Like 2