Wilder Sacked, all Sheffield's at it!

4 hours ago, mogbad said:

The last minute penalty miss against Walsall was priceless. I was at home with my dad listening to Radio Sheffield, we were both shouting lucky barstewards when they got the penalty.

When they missed I was jumping up & down like a mad man. My dad was playing hell with me, I wasn't supposed to be walking unaided after having a pot removed from my leg 2 days before. It was well worth the risk.

My mate & his brother in law, both Wednesdayites got free tickets, when the penalty was missed they both gave each other a sly grin & walked out with all the disgruntled & tearful pig fans, they daren't look at eachother because they knew they wouldn't be able to hold it in. When they got in the car they burst into fits of laughter.

Things got even better when we found out that a pig fan mate punched the seat in front of him when the penalty was missed, broke his hand & spent the next few hours at the Northern General.

You do know it was bad for Sheffield's economy dont you ......according to owlstalk 

• Haha 1

The sheffield star is ready in mourning.

today they had the whole front page about wilder going and underneath, read more on pages 4, 14, 41,42,43,44

thats not a joke by the way, thats the actual sheffield star today

not biased in the slightest though are they

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

Way back there were relegation/ promotion playoffs.

United were 3rd bottom of 2nd div and played off against Bristol City of the Third  Division.

On Sunday 15th May 1988, United lost their first-leg semi-final game 0-1 at Ashton Gate. Three days later (18th) we drew the second-leg tie 1-1 and would be relegated.

Went to the Lane game and stood on the Kop.

And who got Bristol Citys goal at the Lane

Carl Shutt..the ex Owl goal machine

LOL, 

We went "undercover" that night too. There were quite a few wednesdayites cheered when shutt scored lol. Couldnt help but cheer. We were in that stand with the car park behind it

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Setting feelings about Wilder to one side. It says everything about the "egos" of club owners to me. Talk about cutting your snout off to spite your face.....

Not at all ..it shows how gullible club owners are...giving managers massive 4 year deals...w hats the incentive for them to stick it out for 4 years?  Wilder has engineered his own exit...7 million pay off is what’s gettin bounded about...even if he’s got 50% of that figure,...it’s not bad is it