⚽️ Reading 3 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday OMDT ⚽️

50 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Time for some more nails in the coffin lid.

Roll on the end of the season!

I think a good punishing today will cement it for us although I’ve accepted relegation already.

Really looking forward to a complete overhaul in the summer. 

Another refreshing OMDT Snoots...Norma is a great name...don’t hear it much these days. Poppy and Otterley are more fashionable nowadays I believe!
Could we please at least see a battling draw today? Play with a bit of pride in the shirt? It’s not too much to ask is it Lord?

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

8-0 Reading

Lucas 6

+ 2 own goals 1 an assist by ref..

COME ON WEDNESDAY WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!.UTO...

FTBPB

FTEFL

JUST F EVERYTHING.....

UTO AGAIN....

And that's being optimistic.

We’re best when the opposition expect us to be crap and think they can turn up and roll us over. It’s when we play a team around us who are fighting for their lives that we are obviously second best. 
Of course, we actually are crap and if a team puts any effort in whatsoever we fold instantly but it’s that thin sliver of opposition complacency where we do our best work.

Reading 3 - Wednesday 0

• Haha 1

I’m not worrying about relegation now, in the sense that we are deffo going down and there’s nothing to be done about it from here. 
Even the Rotherham game didn’t sting like it should have. Once we lost to Brum and then suffered the Luton horror show I became immune. Plus I got to watch the Rotherham game with my brother who I hadn’t seen in the flesh for months and months so it took the edge off to have a bit of ‘gallows humour’ live to make us feel better!

As for today we haven’t really had a proper pasting this season. You know the type I mean, a proper throw the TV out of the window kicking, where the only thing your hoping at the end is the opposition don’t actually reach double figures. 

Today might very well be that day. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Cripes. 

Does everyone reslly think we're in for a drubbing?

To be fair, I don’t think we will get hammered but I think we will lose. Taking Joao out of the equation, Reading have some very good young players, Olise, Richards and Laurent to name a few. They are miles better than us in every department.

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Cripes. 

Does everyone reslly think we're in for a drubbing?

Is 3-0 a drubbing?

I would say 5 or more is a drubbing.

I'm actually feeling quite optimistic for this one. Moore's first proper match (Let's be honest, he hardly chose the squad or subs for Wednesday), players with a point to prove that quite frequently end up beating the top sides after throwing it away to the bottom ones.

Keep the faith, we're going staying up

:Chansiri:

4 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

Splendid OP, Snoots - you're the spirit of Wednesday and deserve the respect and adulation that you get in these bad times for the team. Which reminds me to mention what a bunch of whining, mingeing cry-babies we have posting on here - for the most part anyway.

Just a word: Yes the team is poo (though it's NOT the worst team we have had. Anyone who remembers the years 1974 -1978 will know that). Yes the current "manager" was probably just a bloke who wandered out of West St dole office and got kidnapped. Yes he makes Sooty look like an opera singer. Yes we have an owner who is.......less than ideal. Well, boo hoo. If you think that there are no worse things than watching Wednesday careering towards relegation then you are either stupid or very, very young.

Suck it up and look to the future. Who knows? You might live to see August and the new season. Who knows? Wednesday might miraculously avoid relegation. Don't you think a bit of perspective might come in handy? Things do change, you know.

So try and act like your age rather than your shoe size. Today, I'm just going to turn on the radio for the result. I've had enough of doom-scrolling through this childish nonsense.

Thanks Victory. Funny but it's true, what loneliness can do. When we are away we tend to love them more each day. hope is soon we'll be walking back to Happiness !

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Is 3-0 a drubbing?

I would say 5 or more is a drubbing.

Good question - I'd say losing by four goals or more - 4-0 is more of a drubbing than 5-2 (which is more into clown fiesta territory)...