⚽️ Reading 3 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday OMDT ⚽️

57 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.5759fd33d2ed19a21c91556317aad615.png

image.png.53e49540a6e3cb7e568d371ee4602b2f.png

"I keep telling you Mr Hargreaves, I'm Norma. Margaret retired 3 years ago and...Mr Hargreaves, why haven't you got any clothes on!"

"What eh?! Don't worry about that. Clothes are old hat. This is the modern way of running a business. Anyway, get your I-pad out and take a memo"

"I've only got a notepad and pen"

"Margaret - "

"Norma!"

" - don't go old gimmer on me here! I don't want to have to let you go. I don't want any of those old school gimmer tools in here!"

"Yes, but that I-pad  you got me from the Wednesday shop, it doesn't work"

"Why doesn't it?"

"Because it's just a photo of an I-pad. It's not an actual I-pad."

"Ingenious. Wish I'd thought of it. Right now listen, I've had an idea and-"

"Mr Hargeaves, can you take those goggles off, it's putting me about. You look  like something off Dr Who."

" Virtual reality is the future, Margaret"

"It's Norma!"

"You don't need to see my eyes anyway"

"It's too late for that, I do wish you'd put some trousers on, it keeps winking at me. Anyway, I'm not putting up with this. And I was just coming in to tell you , there's a gentleman outside wants to see you"

"Send him in!"

"No. I mean actually outside. Outside the window"

"But we're on the 18th floor.....WHOOOAH!"

image.png.81aac97aca56542a90cf4acf3112e16e.png

"NEIL , I HAVE COME TO AIDE YOU"

"I told you Margaret, this VR is amazing"

"I AM REAL, NEIL, I HAVE TRAVELLED ACROSS THE SPIRITUAL PLAIN TO HELP"

"How come?"

"ON WEDNESDAY EVENING, AT 9;37 I HEARD  THIRTY THOUSAND VOICES CALLING MY NAME IN UNISON, THEY CAME FROM HERE"

"Ah, no mate. That'll have been the servers feeding the Matchday section in the basement. Late Rotherham winner..."

"FFS. I THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING SERIOUS"

"While you're here though, we've got Reading this afternoon..."

******************* image.png.50c474c8c22ee628125831d2a10aec86.png  ******************

READING

V's

WEDNESDAY

image.png.1107fe5904aab8507d75b631484f2cf7.png

Championship

Kick off: 15:00

Madejski

READING currently sit in fifth spot in the Championship table due to two consecutive wins, while Wednesday fell to a disappointing defeat in a South Yorkshire derby against Rotherham United, moving them further from safety.

Paunovic will be hoping his side can record a third consecutive league win here as they look to fend off the likes of Barnsley and Cardiff City, as well as putting pressure on the sides above them, currently sitting just six points behind second-placed Brentford.

The Royals do boast a fairly strong record at home, having won 10 of their 17 league games on home turf this season, with only five sides picking up more than the 30 points they have accumulated at their Berkshire ground.

WEDNESDAY,  fighting for survival,  will be desperate for a result at the Madejski Stadium after slipping up to Rotherham and leaving ourselves snookered in terms of having to go and get results against the top sides having done little to beat the teams around us.

Rotherham's last gasp goal condemned us to a fifth consecutive league loss, a run which has seen us fall seven points adrift of safety.

We now sit seven points behind Birmingham City, with Reading and league leaders Norwich City next up.

Worryingly for Moore, we have the one of the worst away records in the Championship, having picked up just 11 points from their 17 games on the road this season.

********* image.png.de607a280cfe4b92798dc150497585d9.png *******

------------------------------------- READING ----------------------------------

Reading are expected to be without experienced centre-back Michael Morrison, who was forced off with an injury after half an hour in the recent win over Blackburn.

In his absence, Tom McIntyre could return to the starting team alongside Liam Moore, after the 22-year-old shone while Moore was out with an injury earlier in the season.

Midfielder Andy Rinomhota was absent from the squad in the Blackburn game, after he came off late in the win over Rotherham.

They also remain without influential midfielder John Swift, who has only featured in nine league games this campaign due to two separate spells out through injury, joining striker Yakou Meite on the sidelines.

George Puscas put forward his claim for another start with the winning goal against Blackburn, as Paunovic could continue with the system of two strikers with the Romanian partnering with the clinical Lucas Joao.

image.png.1c87a1ea38d4d0248f4fc8f16cb93269.png

------------------------------------- WEDNESDAY ----------------------------------

The Owls' injury list has continued to grow in recent weeks, while several key first-team players continue lengthy spells on the sidelines including midfielder Massimo Luongo and centre-back Dominic Iorfa.

Joe Wildsmith remains the only available senior goalkeeper at the club, as both Kieren Westwood and Cameron Dawson are out with injuries.

Andre Green will also miss this game, with the January signing failing to hit the ground running in Sheffield having only made two appearances for the club due to an Achilles injury.

Moore may consider a recall to the starting eleven for Kadeem Harris to bring some pace to the Wednesday attack.

image.png.7f1eb5ddd6b241375e17013a2d100d64.png

-------------------------------------  FORM  GUIDE  ----------------------------------

I mean, it's really not worth bothering with a form guide as far as the opposition are concerned, means nothing when we rock into town. Anyway...

Reading  form: L-W-L-L-W-W

Wednesday form: W-L-L-L-L-L

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COME

ON

WEDNESDAY!

You know your Lordship ? you could have hit on something here you really could. Norma ! Norma Jean the little office girl who shot to fame ! It could be a message from on high, Norma Jean has come to shine a light on our plight. Praise be !

Goodbye Norma Jean
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled
They crawled out of the woodwork
And they whispered into your brain
They set you on the treadmill
And they made you change your name

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did

Goodbye Norma Jean
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled

Goodbye Norma Jean
From the young man in the 22nd row
Who sees you as something as more than sexual
More than just our Marilyn Monroe

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your legend ever did
Your legend ever did.

There is hope ; 'Don't stop believing' . Oh poo that's another one, I'm of to bed now Up The Owls !   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i feel like i did back in the 70's i dont care about the score anymore, im just in it for the ride again, im going to dig out my Doc Martens and donkey jacket, listen to some Dr Feelgood, couple of cans and pretend its not Bakewell its Elms Park

im trying to convince myself this could be fun again

its like a badge of honour

nil nil😎

• Like 9

Right people I’m going to try to help you

I gave up watching this cr@p 20 minutes into Huddersfield away back in December 

DONT watch the game

Do what our players do and just let it pass you by

Come to terms with the fact right now that we’re going to lose yet again

Accept that we’re already chalking the games off and are already relegated.

Wednesday no longer ruin my weekends because I no longer care

Try to follow these tips and you’ll be much, much happier x

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Great OMDT Lord Snooty. We certainly need some divine intervention.

No prediction, just hope at least for a better form of bad such are the times we’re in.

Might not even catch the game today, I’m off out to buy a scooter for my brand new scooter keyring.

UTO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Couldn't agree more, i gave up following this lot yonks ago. The whole team couldn't care less, no ambition, no passion, no spark. Treat each game like a kick about in the park on a sunday afternoon. If they lose 1 nil they think that's a good result! Excuse after excuse, always learning a lot after losing, they should be geniuses by now! I can only remember one game where they scored more than once and that was against the bottom team. You would think a team fighting for survival would put in a bit of effort, but not this sh-t.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, horny owl said:

DONT watch the game

Yes, with resignation comes a certain peace of mind.

It's pointless to worry about what we can't change, you're absolutely right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, horny owl said:

DONT watch the game

See where your coming from, but no matter who puts on that shirt I like to get behind them yno.

We are definitely a sinking ship, but I like Darren Moore and I'm gonna get behind him even if it means 

looking weird and shouting at the TV.

Super easy following Wednesday when we was pushing for the play offs but when your team is on its

arse in grim times I like to get behind them still, always will.

Being a Wednesday fan is not for a stress free life.

That said.

Chansiri out.

• Like 5
  • Love 1