Wednesday - V - Birmingham OMDT

Midfield again, so bloody poor. Well lacked so much urgency. Every week is the same, even when we win. You don't see any movement, high quality passing or penetration from any of our midfielders. You all big up Bannan and Shaw on here when they do two minutes of magic, but they don't produce enough quality during a season for me. Windass and Paterson wouldn't get a game in Parson Cross park. Hutchinson, Lees and Penney are the only players to come out of today with any sort of 'credit'. Red or not, Shaw didn't need to make that tackle. Could have been a different story had he not been sent off.

I've accepted league one, we just aren't good enough in all areas of the pitch.

Onto the next game, eh

UTO

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

No - needed to improve in 2016 and we've had Abdi, Jones, Pelupessy. It makes you want to cry.

We're that desperate we bring a guy back to the club who couldn't get a game in Malta.

Joke of a club.

Cyprus ....but you're correct

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

The players have reverted to type AGAIN FFS!

Just get rid of the old guard for next season and start with a group of players who will fight for the ball, work their socks off in midfield to close down the opposition and deny them space to pick their passes.

6 friggin seasons we have put up with this.

I don't think the old guard so to speak were the ones culpable for today at all. This goes way beyond them. 

The squad is garbage.

I saw their centre halves having a right go at someone for letting Harris get that cross in for Rhodes, who I thought should have scored near the end , there was more passion shown in that moment than we could muster all game !

We took attackers off for defenders 20 mins from time against 10 men and just held on. We are beyond terrible. 

You still have a better chance of staying up than ourselves. There are quite a few simularities between our clubs at the moment and how badly run they are. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Because referees making rash decisions are changing the course if games and preventing players playing their natural game. If he'd not been on a yellow that second challenge probably wouldn't even have been given as a foul. 

That is my point and if people on here don't understand that I can't help them I'm afraid.

I can understand it, just don’t agree with it.  If we had played well and been robbed by a poor refereeing decision I would undoubtedly feel a bit cheated.  Given our problems this season have been all of our own making, I can’t get too excited about a refereeing decision which was marginal (at least the first booking was), but hardly the worst bit of officiating I’ve ever seen.

15 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I can understand it, just don’t agree with it.  If we had played well and been robbed by a poor refereeing decision I would undoubtedly feel a bit cheated.  Given our problems this season have been all of our own making, I can’t get too excited about a refereeing decision which was marginal (at least the first booking was), but hardly the worst bit of officiating I’ve ever seen.

I hear what you're saying. It's fine margins and it's not going our way at the moment.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Depressing to hear NT say we weren’t brave enough after losing such an important game. Makes you wonder what will actually give these players the backbone required. Sick of this group. Always one step forward, one back. Good week, bad week.