Absolutely rubbish

I can’t believe what I watched , must be one of the worst games I have seen watching Wednesday . Big boot from the back I think one stage we thought we were playing rugby kicking into touch . ! 
Stoke were not too much better but seriously Wednesday what on earth are we doing get some balls and at least give it a go . 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

First half we looked the slightly better team, second half we offered nothing. Just need another good reaction like after the previous defeats under Thompson

Indeed.

Win on Saturday and things will look a lot rosier.

Other results not a disaster. If we'd hung on for a draw and Hudds had won at Boro I'd say that would arguably have been a worse night.

Hopefully Rovrum, Brum and Cov dip tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

I can’t believe what I watched , must be one of the worst games I have seen watching Wednesday . Big boot from the back I think one stage we thought we were playing rugby kicking into touch . ! 
Stoke were not too much better but seriously Wednesday what on earth are we doing get some balls and at least give it a go . 

Totally agree, we didn't even look a professional football side tonight, I've seen better technical footballers down the park on a Sunday morning and I'm sick to death of it now. Literally not one of them can trap a ball, we can't pass and the worst thing is we are the worst side in the league to tackle or nick the ball when its in our own box, it really does look like Sunday league standard when players rush to the ball to try and tackle and just hack at it. We look nervous to hell and the way we get cut open time and time again is ridiculous. Rant over but we are a very very poor side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

Totally agree, we didn't even look a professional football side tonight, I've seen better technical footballers down the park on a Sunday morning and I'm sick to death of it now. Literally not one of them can trap a ball, we can't pass and the worst thing is we are the worst side in the league to tackle or nick the ball when its in our own box, it really does look like Sunday league standard when players rush to the ball to try and tackle and just hack at it. We look nervous to hell and the way we get cut open time and time again is ridiculous. Rant over but we are a very very poor side. 

I do love a bit of exaggeration - we both know you really haven’t 😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

I do love a bit of exaggeration - we both know you really haven’t 😉

I'm telling you now I have, the first touch of some of our players is atrocious, thats basic technique. Last night some of our players wouldn't have stood out in a Sunday league match and its getting way too often now. Im sick of taking the game to Bournemouth and Wycombe to an extent and then changing the whole tactics against Stoke chuffing City. 1 step forward and 3 steps back all the time.

18 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

I'm telling you now I have, the first touch of some of our players is atrocious, thats basic technique. Last night some of our players wouldn't have stood out in a Sunday league match and its getting way too often now. Im sick of taking the game to Bournemouth and Wycombe to an extent and then changing the whole tactics against Stoke chuffing City. 1 step forward and 3 steps back all the time.

Management. 

24 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

It’s poor, very poor, but it’s the way we’ve been heading since Carlos left. Coaches brought in with little emphasis of getting the ball down, and playing. Every team in this league plays better football than us. 
We have players who are comfortable on the ball, but we don’t always play them, or they aren’t encouraged to play that way. I’m not sure what happens, but players come out of the development system, where the team plays proper football, and then are asked to play an attritional long ball game. 
Why? When Thompson was overseeing the development side, he didn’t play that way. People say, we have to play that way, because the players can’t play any other way. Most have played proper football when encouraged to do so, and all the youngsters have been schooled that way Yes there has been a disturbing trend of us now starting to recruit players who probably suit a long ball game, and that is worrying. So who is dictating that we play this way? With virtually every club now, apart from perennial long ball merchants like our opponents last night, attempting to play football, why do we set ourselves at odds with the modern game?

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

I share your frustration at some of the performances, but to suggest they’re Sunday League standard is a little wide of the mark.  Most players at this level (ours included) have very good basic technique.  Sometimes it doesn’t stand up well to being pressurised by opponents, and sometimes the associated decision making is poor, but I don’t think technique is the issue.  Pelupessy would be a star on Sunday mornings - he strikes me as the reliable type and would always turn up on time with his boots after a night out 😀

11 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

It wasn't that bad.

We've been a lot worse against poorer teams this season.

Wycombe, Hudds and Coventry away immediately spring to mind.

Says it all that we can actually build an argument to suggest that the performance wasn't that bad because we've plumbed even greater depths this season not to mention last season at home when actually scored two goals in a match once in a whole calendar year. Yeah, we really are in a mess.

The 2nd half summed up our midfield in a nut shell.

They are good when no one closes them down, but as soon as teams close them down they melt away like a snow ball in Hell.

Stoke realised at half time that they could bully our midfield out of the game, this has happened too many times over the last 6 years.