There will be changes to the starting lineup tonight

Don't have a problem with changes, players are employed by the club so should be good enough. 

Our supposed strength in depth compared to Wycombe should be an advantage.

I know he's not flavour of the month, but I'd start Brown as our creative outlet and get some rest in bannans legs for some difficult games coming up.

Wildsmith

Palmer.    Lees.     Urogohide

Harris                                         Penney. 

Dele-Bashiru   Shaw.   Brown

Windass.    Rhodes

leggy? yes of coarse this happens in football when you play sat tues sat ,  but we played tuesday and used subs , rotherham played weds 1day less rest and won weds and saturday . maybe if we had athletes and quality in midfield we wouldnt be talking about leggy . our problems lie in midfield and they have now for 4-5 years . 

Guest LondonOwl313
24 minutes ago, striker said:

Don't have a problem with changes, players are employed by the club so should be good enough. 

Our supposed strength in depth compared to Wycombe should be an advantage.

I know he's not flavour of the month, but I'd start Brown as our creative outlet and get some rest in bannans legs for some difficult games coming up.

Wildsmith

Palmer.    Lees.     Urogohide

Harris                                         Penney. 

Dele-Bashiru   Shaw.   Brown

Windass.    Rhodes

Lol this is our biggest game of the season and you’d go in to it with no Westwood, Hutchinson or Bannan, with two centre mids from the 3 that have shown nothing all season. Thank god you’re not picking the team lol.

1 hour ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

This is a game where we really need 3 points and think we have to be more attack minded than recently.

All being fit I would start something like this.

Westwood

Harris.              Lees.                   Dunkley.          Urgohide

Luongo.         Bannan.        Shaw

Windass.                        Katchunga 

Patterson

Hahaha, I can't believe you said "All being fit" when talking about Wednesday lol

Knowing some of our lot they'll see the snow and get injured in the warm up lol

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Lol this is our biggest game of the season and you’d go in to it with no Westwood, Hutchinson or Bannan, with two centre mids from the 3 that have shown nothing all season. Thank god you’re not picking the team lol.

If they look like they are running through treacle yes and Westwood let 4 in on Saturday. Had it been Wildsmith or Dawson, they'd be crucified.

Tonight is about energy and matching them for running and still have enough quality to be competitive. Saturday is when we are outclassed on quality and need the likes of Bannan, Hutchinson back in the team. 

If we're only ever going to play our strongest 11, whether fit enough or not, may as well not bother with a squad. 

My opinion, if we go strong tonight we concede Saturdays game. If we use the squad correctly tonight, we have opportunity for a draw or better on Saturday.

You're right though it is a good job I don't pick the team, I'd be a terrible manager. Best to leave that to Chansiri 😀

42 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Now you can make 5 subs there is less danger in making a host of changes and having firepower on the bench if needed. We’ve woefully mismanaged this in past. Monk and Pulis especially seemed to not use full quota of subs and would malign the frantic schedule. 

For me it’s not about is player A or player B better, but the need to not burn out your starter. 

looking at benches these past few games there are lots of scope to rest/rotate and once Luongo and Moses are in that mix it’s even better assuming we play 352 and keep the CB’s relatively constant:

Palmer/Moses

Penney/Harris

Joey/Luongo

Bannan/Brown

Reach/Shaw

Windass/Kachunga/Green

Paterson/Rhodes

There isn’t much between those players so you’d think you could mix it up or have full swap every other game. No need to run the same players into ground week in week out and moan they look leggy afterwards.

My concern is with brown and Marriot. Brown hasn't looked fit enough since the opening day of the season. Pulis won't have helped on that score, Marriot hasn't looked fit enough full stop even discounting the injury. 

I'm thinking he's only still here becouse we re desperate for bodies up top. 

As for tonights line up I'd maybe tempted to start Patterson in midfield with pace up top. He adds some bite and something we don't have in someone who like Lee used to do can pop up in the box and get us a goal. 

• Like 1

Westwood

Lees

Dunkley

Palmer/Hutch (Fitness)

Urohog

Windass

Shaw

Bannan

Penney

Paterson

Green

Windass and Shaw will add energy into midfield, (Box - Box)

Green will add pace up front and Paterson will battle for every thing.

We will have 6  players over 6ft.

Make no mistake, tonight's game will be no place for shrinking Violets.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, striker said:

If they look like they are running through treacle yes and Westwood let 4 in on Saturday. Had it been Wildsmith or Dawson, they'd be crucified.

Tonight is about energy and matching them for running and still have enough quality to be competitive. Saturday is when we are outclassed on quality and need the likes of Bannan, Hutchinson back in the team. 

If we're only ever going to play our strongest 11, whether fit enough or not, may as well not bother with a squad. 

My opinion, if we go strong tonight we concede Saturdays game. If we use the squad correctly tonight, we have opportunity for a draw or better on Saturday.

You're right though it is a good job I don't pick the team, I'd be a terrible manager. Best to leave that to Chansiri 😀

This is what Rowett said about Westwood.. he said they had 25 shots and he kept us in the game. The third goal didn’t look great but was a bit of a fluke. He’s our best keeper by some distance though and fatigue shouldn’t be much of an issue.

As for Bannan, he’s played nearly every game for about 5 years so I’m not sure he really gets fatigued as much as some other players. Could see it with Hutchinson though, depends how he feels and who else is available. Certainly wouldn’t be playing the kids over him.

In terms of prioritising the games I’d rather win tonight.. imagine if we don’t, it’s demoralising and leaves us cut adrift. Win tonight and that gives the Swansea game a different complexion even if we’re expected to lose. Lose and it’s hard to see is recovering. But yes you’re right.. hopefully Att can get the team selection right tonight 😆

15E881C9-D710-46D8-A96E-098B95FF380B.png

I'm resting Hutch, Joey, Kach and Reach. I'm picking Harris over palmer to offer more in attack, given the extra legs in midfield.

...................Westwood

........Lee's.......Dunks.......Urgy

Harris...Patto...Shaw....Baz....Penney

............Windass...Rhodes

45 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

My concern is with brown and Marriot. Brown hasn't looked fit enough since the opening day of the season. Pulis won't have helped on that score, Marriot hasn't looked fit enough full stop even discounting the injury. 

I'm thinking he's only still here becouse we re desperate for bodies up top. 

As for tonights line up I'd maybe tempted to start Patterson in midfield with pace up top. He adds some bite and something we don't have in someone who like Lee used to do can pop up in the box and get us a goal. 

I think we have ample opportunities to mix and match. I don’t mind starting brown, knowing you have 5 subs and he can be hooked off if needed. The rest it gives Bannan would be hugely beneficial long term to the inverse of making Bannan play every game almost every minute. 

3 hours ago, Themagiccap said:

4/5 changes

4/5 goals to us, easy win.

They were leggy during Millwall after hard match fourdays earlier. Bad mistake not to rotate more and to disturb defence after impressive matches. People on bench as good as those in starting XI. Shaw badly missed. Midfield was porous in second half and the names in there led to predictable collapse..not a tackle in there. NT has to get this one right..surely his last chance as defeat would mean he had not followed through his earlier promise.