BREAKING : Chansiri rejects offer to buy club

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

YOu're the one posting as though you definitely know him not me

And you’re doing the same with Chansiri.

As it stands I’d rather have the son of a man on Forbes rich list owning the club than boxer turned promoter turned agent Erik Alonso and his cryptic attention seeking tweets.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And you’re doing the same with Chansiri.

As it stands I’d rather have the son of a man on Forbes rich list owning the club than boxer turned promoter turned agent Erik Alonso and his cryptic attention seeking tweets.

Nobody wants Alonso

Not sure why you're in such a fluster

lol

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, mkowl said:

£25m though

Or about one seasons worth of money wasted by DC

I accept that DC has unrealistic and inflated views of its worth but I am not surprised he did not entertain that 

Fixed it for you. As ever it's worth what someone is willing to pay. If I pay £100k for a house and then spend £200k on a botched improvement plan it's probably worth less than £100k. He's spent millions putting the club in a worse position than when he started. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

There is literally no indication of proof of funds and ‘Indonesian consortium’ is as tenuous as it gets. 

Who from Indonesia? What company? Who is the majority shareholder? 

Alonso is playing an absolute blinder here.

You are not stepping back and looking at situation from a distance. To say nothing is happening and all rubbish is absolutely wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nobody wants Alonso

Not sure why you're in such a fluster

lol

You are literally responding to everyone on here questioning Alonso and his intentions by saying ‘yeah but Chansiri is bad!!’

Yeah we know that. But doesn’t mean this guy is better. So what are you trying to get at? 

I want DC to sell but there are so many red flags with this one, it really is better the devil you know in my opinion.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

You are literally responding to everyone on here questioning Alonso and his intentions by saying ‘yeah but Chansiri is bad!!’

Yeah we know that. But doesn’t mean this guy is better. So what are you trying to get at? 

I want DC to sell but there are so many red flags with this one, it really is better the devil you know in my opinion.

But nobody wants Alonso so who are you worrying about that you think is supporting his takeover?

lol

You're shouting at thin air

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

You are not stepping back and looking at situation from a distance. To say nothing is happening and all rubbish is absolutely wrong.

How I’m seeing it:

Alonso has seen an opportunity to muscle into a club in crisis and get some eyes and attention on him in the English game. Said chairman criticises him in public so Alonso submits a ‘bid’ for the club where fans are calling for chairman’s head to increase his popularity and destabilise DC’s running of things. We know nothing about the ‘Indonesian consortium’. Alonso claims he has proof of funds but then deletes the tweet. Alonso is also currently working with Matt Southall at Charlton who has history of doing the same type of thing and ask any Charlton fan what went down there and you should take all this with a huge pinch of salt.

All in my opinion of course. How do you see it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think some people are on the wind up with this one mate, don't get dragged in 

• Like 2

The worrying thing for me in this is that certain local journalists have said the £25m bid is “nowhere near” Chansiri’s valuation of the club.

Just how much does Chansiri think we’re worth? Even with the stadium, sat on the brink of relegation to the third division and losing millions every month, he’s kidding himself if he thinks he’ll get much  more than £25m.... Perhaps £35m at a push but no more than that.

As others have said I suspect Chansiri has valued the club like he’s valued his players in the past and he probably expects to get ALL of his money back which means we are stuck with the idiot for the medium to long term.

How depressing.

• Like 2

No publicity is bad they say. One positive that might come from this is that it might stir interest from other potential parties.........then again any interest may subside when they see our league position!

Edited by GMOwl72

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

The worrying thing for me in this is that certain local journalists have said the £25m bid is “nowhere near” Chansiri’s valuation of the club.

Just how much does Chansiri think we’re worth? Even with the stadium, sat on the brink of relegation to the third division and losing millions every month, he’s kidding himself if he thinks he’ll get much  more than £25m.... Perhaps £35m at a push but no more than that.

As others have said I suspect Chansiri has valued the club like he’s valued his players in the past and he probably expects to get ALL of his money back which means we are stuck with the idiot for the medium to long term.

How depressing.

£25m - I’d be snatching anyone’s hand off at that price if I was Chansiri 

• Like 1