BREAKING : Chansiri rejects offer to buy club

11 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Why  would anyone think we're worth more now than we were when DC came in? What value has been added?

A Desso pitch that's not been properly maintained

A big screen

Some minor improvements to the training ground.

On the other side of things you've got a big wage bill that you're saddled with and  the prospect of dropping into League One.

Not sure how he can a justify a high price tag in any way, shape or form. 

Yeah but don't forget we've got sponsors. DC Taxis and Elev8 since. 

Alonso is just the foot in the door salesman. It's not his money he's offering. Initial offer 30 Million. DC will think about 150 Million.

Next bid will be 50 Million I reckon. DC will reject but give him food for thought.

Third bid will be for around 80 Million and DC will accept I reckon.

There is a LOT of money in Indonesia ( emerging economy ).

This will  give DC a wake up call I hope. Is it a way out for him to save face I wonder ?

RZkVMKv.gif.f996f75dfceb25f8e467b0476727d4e4.gif

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

Hate to think of the implications of the club being bought out re ST sales. Can you imagine the chaos with the multi-year deals and the 10 year promotion to the PL stuff, given the difficulty getting last year's partial refunds back.

The new owners would surely just sweep them all aside and simplify ticketing, remove all the different tiers, levels, memberships etc and get us back to some kind of sanity

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And it's sending very clear smoke signals that people interested in buying a football club should take a look at SWFC

Literally nobody should be looking to buy us right now.

We're probably getting relegated, the finances were fizzed even before COVID and presumably are a total nightmare now, and there's nothing any new buyer can do because we're not allowed to spend money and it's February either way.

The only reason you'd be looking at it are attention seeking (Alonso) or because you're a wildly generous Wednesday-supporting multi-billionaire (doesn't exist). 

Everyone else should wait until relegation and, if Chansiri is as stretched as some believe, the imminent fire sale or admin.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Literally nobody should be looking to buy us right now.

We're probably getting relegated, the finances were fizzed even before COVID and presumably are a total nightmare now, and there's nothing any new buyer can do because we're not allowed to spend money and it's February either way.

The only reason you'd be looking at it are attention seeking (Alonso) or because you're a wildly generous Wednesday-supporting multi-billionaire (doesn't exist). 

Everyone else should wait until relegation and, if Chansiri is as stretched as some believe, the imminent fire sale or admin.

Damn you with your post

I wish I hadn’t gone to make a coffee halfway through writing mine. 

But I agree 100%

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The new owners would surely just sweep them all aside and simplify ticketing, remove all the different tiers, levels, memberships etc and get us back to some kind of sanity

One would hope so and that, in addition, prices would be more realistic.

Presumably refunds would need to be given but that has been problematic to date and that's my real point.

Any potential buyer (or people involved) where this gets out in the public domain so early on is a massive red flag. 

A serious buyer with proper intentions wouldn't seek or want that publicity, it would only become more public at a later stage when talks were more serious. 

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Any potential buyer (or people involved) where this gets out in the public domain so early on is a massive red flag. 

A serious buyer with proper intentions wouldn't seek or want that publicity, it would only become more public at a later stage when talks were more serious. 

Unless they are trying to force the sellers hand and apply some pressure; with fan backing at an all time low 

Just now, Rogers said:

Unless they are trying to force the sellers hand and apply some pressure; with fan backing at an all time low 

But thats what concerns me also. 

Fan pressure is likely to mean absolutely zero to Chansiri whos out in Thailand. 

If the buyer is serious, they should be putting a serious offer on the table that Chansiri would consider. Yes he might refuse, but thats up to him. 

To try and get the fans on side with regards to buying a business strikes me as concerning. 

6 hours ago, Philb125 said:

What I find odd here after reading a few pages is that a month or so ago, most fans were puzzled as to why our know-nothing owner had hired a know-nothing advisor. 

Now a lot of fans are upset that the know-noting owner, won’t sell to another know-nothing buyer? 

Is it just a grass is greener situation or do those upset by this genuinely think we’d be better off owned by Alonso and his consortium? 

I’m all for a better owner, but without any insight how do we tell a better owner from some of the other rogue characters around the world. 

Exactly. But don't be too surprised, it's incredible to see how easy some of our fans believe/follow any old crap that's fed to them on social media.

As you say, some would be happy to lurch from the current incumbent to anyone that's passing the door by the sounds of it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri under massive pressure now 

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This one isn’t over yet 

Alonso is in to buy our club

He means business 

I had to triple check my sources before posting 

It’s hilarious