BREAKING : Chansiri rejects offer to buy club

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree with your thinking

The issue there though is we're losing hundreds of thousands of pounds per week so every week he sits tight he loses even more

Yep, I guess it's how long he thinks he can realistically fund the business losing what it is. Suppose none of us will know that as we know nothing of his finances, not even an inkling! 

Except he cant pay wages atm...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

But if I'd invested a lot (or lost a lot) of money that i felt i wouldn't get back right now, i might be more intent on sitting tight and hoping the situation improves, bottoms out, or financial situation changes in the coming months and year(s), where that could be recouped. 

I'm not suggesting i have faith that he will improve the situation and recoup anything like his losses, because i dont, but unless he's genuinely in dire straights and needs a fire sale, I'd be sitting tight if i was him. 

With Derby the price they've been talking was £60m, now im sure we wouldn't get that, but would imagine Chansiri on that basis wouldn't be intent on accepting £25m. 

Plus, he knows if somehow (ha) Wednesday get to the Premier League in future, youre talking £1-200m. 

It might be a gamble or a punt he's willing to hold out for. 

The PL dream, as far as Chansiri is concerned anyway, is over IMO.

If we couldn't get out of this league with the kind of expenditure/players we had before, then how in God's name can we do it now?

With a different system, yes it's possible, but Chansiri is either unwilling or unable to change it.

Wherever Channers goes, there goes Paxo, and with him choosing the players to buy it's hopeless.

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Yep, I guess it's how long he thinks he can realistically fund the business losing what it is. Suppose none of us will know that as we know nothing of his finances, not even an inkling! 

Except he cant pay wages atm...

or refund money owed to st holders 

Just now, southportdc said:

Might try offering a paltry amount for my next Tesco shop and telling them things are only worth what someone is willing to pay. 

Might try getting all my Tesco items into my trolley then walking up to another customer and telling them it's worth five times more than they value it at

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The PL dream, as far as Chansiri is concerned anyway, is over IMO.

If we couldn't get out of this league with the kind of expenditure/players we had before, then how in God's name can we do it now?

With a different system, yes it's possible, but Chansiri is either unwilling or unable to change it.

Wherever Channers goes, there goes Paxo, and with him choosing the players to buy it's hopeless.

In a nutshell.... this

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yet I've not said that at all

Sorry, I’m a few pages back. I’ll probably catch up to the bit where you stop answering everyone’s posts regarding Alonso's questionable recent conduct with a “What about Chansiri...”

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Might try getting all my Tesco items into my trolley then walking up to another customer and telling them it's worth five times more than they value it at

I'm not putting any value on the club. For one thing I can't work out how football clubs are ever worth any money at all, let alone clubs without a stadium. 

But the idea that things are only worth what someone is offering at this very instant is idiotic.

SWFC was worth £1 to MM when he bought us............

Were we worth more than £1 then. ?

As mentioned the value of any object is what someone is willing to pay for it.

A Van Gogh painting is really just paint and a couople of square feet of old canvas but it's unique

and one of it 's kind and that's the key. SWFC is unique and way into the "shoot for the stars " Premiership dream where the REAL money is !

As I said, Alonso is just the pushy salesman with the foot in the door representing as yet unnamed backers.

Looking forward to Part Two of this saga............the starting gun has just been fired.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southportdc said:

I'm not putting any value on the club. For one thing I can't work out how football clubs are ever worth any money at all, let alone clubs without a stadium. 

But the idea that things are only worth what someone is offering at this very instant is idiotic.

would you agree that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay?

e.g. things are only worth what someone is offering

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

38 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How I’m seeing it:

Alonso has seen an opportunity to muscle into a club in crisis and get some eyes and attention on him in the English game. Said chairman criticises him in public so Alonso submits a ‘bid’ for the club where fans are calling for chairman’s head to increase his popularity and destabilise DC’s running of things. We know nothing about the ‘Indonesian consortium’. Alonso claims he has proof of funds but then deletes the tweet. Alonso is also currently working with Matt Southall at Charlton who has history of doing the same type of thing and ask any Charlton fan what went down there and you should take all this with a huge pinch of salt.

All in my opinion of course. How do you see it?

The attention he is getting is wrong type of attention so can not see why anyone would do that. 

The Southall connection is basically him trying to muscle in on Alonso operation. which is what Southall does. The fact he wants to be connected to him suggests Alonso is fronting some money I do not think Alonso has indicated he has relationship with Southall. Derby County takeover is stalling Southall has heard there is this bloke looking to buy a club and he gets in touch and says DCFC are where you should be looking. The only thing this proves is that Alonso is fronting a syndicate who have money to invest. Absolutely nothing else.

I am not saying Alonso is wonderful but he has connections to wealth in particular Indonesian wealth. Oseman Odang and Pieter Tanuri both have links to him. He had role at Real Madrid and that is place which attracts money and it has obviously enabled him to get connections in far East. 

DC has learned the hard way that running a football club costs a lot of money £20 million a year effectively goes down the drain each year. His talk of investors suggests he was looking for help in funding the club. Alonso  was definitely advising club and you have to ask how he got into this role? DC acknowledged he was doing this at one point.  Nixon tweeted about two groups trying to appoint a manager, only explanation that offers any semblance of sense is another party was on seen and was hoping to have future stake in club.

I am quite certain their has been an offer for club and for some body to make offer they will have had to have had a close look at club. This suggests their was probably something planned prior to the club getting a points deduction. DC only wanting a manager to end of season why is this? Also many contracts were being offered in last 18months were very short term (12 to 24 months). this is somebody planning to get out or reduce holding in club and possibly has deal on table once problems with EFL resolved.

Alonso leaving and saying irreconcilable differences why do this? It suggests some agreement or arrangement had been entered into. His previous tweet saying shareholder was probably what was planned, it just makes you look foolish if no basis on reality.

He was obviously peeved by individuals saying he had no money hence tweet and then thought best not to get involved. 

All agents are shady customers but he does front some money and most certainly made bid for club in region of what is being stated. 

I have no idea if he would be any better than DC and his team but club could not be managed any worse than they currently are being at this time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Scarlett said:

As mentioned the value of any object is what someone is willing to pay for it.

No.

The value is what the holder thinks they can get for it or what they think makes it worth selling.

If I offer someone £10 for their house it doesn't suddenly make their house worth £10 because that's what I'm willing to pay.

If someone offers Chansiri £30m for Wednesday it doesn't meant the value of Wednesday is £30m.

• Like 2