BREAKING : Chansiri rejects offer to buy club

Just now, northeastowl said:

Looks like you’ve fallen for it mate. 

Nope

None of the quotes there show I've fallen for anything at all

I'm disappointed how you've quoted stuff that don't apply to the point you're trying to make - you've really let yourself down there

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not worth that

It's worth about 25m to a buyer

That's the key bit - what the buyer is willing to pay

Just because a buyer has bid a certain amount doesn't automatically mean thats its worth. 

If theres one interested buyer and they offer £500, it doesnt mean its worth £500. The owner will just wait until a time where an offer comes from a party with the money close to their valuation. 

If i had my house up for sale but someone  came up and offered me half the asking price, that doesnt mean its worth half what im asking for. 

I honestly believe this news was leaked by "Chansiri's people" as he calls them. 

Why?

• Confirms SWFC is for sale without publicly confirming SWFC is for sale
  • £30m will not be enough so don't waste our time
  • Chance to have a public dig at Alonso and his lack of money

Anybody would be mad to buy us at the minute while we are on the brink of relegation to League 1. Give it 6 months and Chansiri will probably snap your hands off at £30m.

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Just because a buyer has bid a certain amount doesn't automatically mean thats its worth. 

If theres one interested buyer and they offer £500, it doesnt mean its worth £500. The owner will just wait until a time where an offer comes from a party with the money close to their valuation. 

If i had my house up for sale but someone  came up and offered me half the asking price, that doesnt mean its worth half what im asking for. 

Agreed

But in reality the club is worth 25million

To use your example you wouldn't have a house worth £100,000 and then sell it at 1.5 million

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Bassetts Allsorts said:

I honestly believe this news was leaked by "Chansiri's people" as he calls them. 

Why?

Anybody would be mad to buy us at the minute while we are on the brink of relegation to League 1. Give it 6 months and Chansiri will probably snap your hands off at £30m.

I think Alonso has already shown he's quite happy putting stuff in the public domain.

Chansiri has done over the past 2 years, but thats generally done irregularly at a disasterous fans conference/zoom call, not like this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not worth that

It's worth about 25m to a buyer

That's the key bit - what the buyer is willing to pay

Correct mate someone said if Derby are valued at 60m then so are we, they have a superior stadium better training facilities and a squad with more value. A the moment somewhere around 30 - 35m is very realistic what money Chansiri has wasted over the last 6yrs is irrelevant and totally down to his poor decisions and inept ability to run a football club. 

2 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

Why?

Or Alonso was brought in for this reason , and is just stoking up interest for Mr C 

Hiding behind a “ consortium “ covers a lot of questions 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who?

Show me ONE PERSON that's said they want Alonso

Alonso is a front man obviously. He knows the fans want rid of Chansiri, so his job (for a fee obviously) will be to poke the hornets nest and cause as much anti Chansiri feeling as possible in the hope he agrees to sell. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Agreed

But in reality the club is worth 25million

To use your example you wouldn't have a house worth £100,000 and then sell it at 1.5 million

But if I'd invested a lot (or lost a lot) of money that i felt i wouldn't get back right now, i might be more intent on sitting tight and hoping the situation improves, bottoms out, or financial situation changes in the coming months and year(s), where that could be recouped. 

I'm not suggesting i have faith that he will improve the situation and recoup anything like his losses, because i dont, but unless he's genuinely in dire straights and needs a fire sale, I'd be sitting tight if i was him. 

With Derby the price they've been talking was £60m, now im sure we wouldn't get that, but would imagine Chansiri on that basis wouldn't be intent on accepting £25m. 

Plus, he knows if somehow (ha) Wednesday get to the Premier League in future, youre talking £1-200m. 

It might be a gamble or a punt he's willing to hold out for. 

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

But if I'd invested a lot (or lost a lot) of money that i felt i wouldn't get back right now, i might be more intent on sitting tight and hoping the situation improves, bottoms out, or financial situation changes in the coming months and year(s), where that could be recouped. 

I'm not suggesting i have faith that he will improve the situation and recoup anything like his losses, because i dont, but unless he's genuinely in dire straights and needs a fire sale, I'd be sitting tight if i was him. 

With Derby the price they've been talking was £60m, now im sure we wouldn't get that, but would imagine Chansiri on that basis wouldn't be intent on accepting £25m. 

Plus, he knows if somehow (ha) Wednesday get to the Premier League in future, youre talking £1-200m. 

I agree with your thinking

The issue there though is we're losing hundreds of thousands of pounds per week so every week he sits tight he loses even more

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I can imagine that being his line of reasoning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Just finding it really odd people posting stuff like 'here's a list of all the things Alonso has done' and then posting a list that's not even 5% as bad as the time we've had under Chansiri

I read the list and then go 'sounds better than what we've got - bring it on!!'

lol

So your logic is just because Chansiri is a catastrophe, anyone else would be an improvement?

Interesting.