BREAKING : Chansiri rejects offer to buy club

6 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Might try offering a paltry amount for my next Tesco shop and telling them things are only worth what someone is willing to pay. 

This is a genuine question, as I'm finding it difficult to get my head around:

Chansiri reportedly bought the club for £30m.

In his time at the helm, what value has he added to the club which would make an offer of £30m seem 'paltry'?

• Like 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This is a genuine question, as I'm finding it difficult to get my head around:

Chansiri reportedly bought the club for £30m.

In his time at the helm, what value has he added to the club which would make an offer of £30m seem 'paltry'?

Again, not putting a value on the club at all.

The idea that Eric Alonso alone dictates the value of the club by what he's willing to offer is the bit I'm challenging. 

If that's the case, why even bother with £30m? If all that dictates value is what you offer, offer £1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, southportdc said:

The idea that Eric Alonso alone dictates the value of the club by what he's willing to offer is the bit I'm challenging. 

If that's the case, why even bother with £30m? If all that dictates value is what you offer, offer £1.

Cheers. I see what you're saying now.

Alonso is a stalking horse 

Chansiri needs to sell but does not want to lose face 

Buyers are around but are probably thinking we could go into admin 

Similar to the position we were in when Milan bought the club , he would have been prepared to buy us from the administrator but his hand was forced by another buyer lurking 

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

Agree

Also buyers for football clubs (i.e. Championship ones) dont come around very often, at least not serious ones. 

If you put a house on the market and get 10 different offers all around a similar amount, in a short timeframe, you can probably guess offers wont come in that much more than that any time soon. Its value is probably fairly clear on the larger sample size. But ultimately, the owner dictates what they think its worth, its their possession. 

But how many serious business people try to buy SWFC, cant be that many in a year? So yeah I do agree you cant gauge value just based on a sole offer for it. 

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

The attention he is getting is wrong type of attention so can not see why anyone would do that. 

The Southall connection is basically him trying to muscle in on Alonso operation. which is what Southall does. The fact he wants to be connected to him suggests Alonso is fronting some money I do not think Alonso has indicated he has relationship with Southall. Derby County takeover is stalling Southall has heard there is this bloke looking to buy a club and he gets in touch and says DCFC are where you should be looking. The only thing this proves is that Alonso is fronting a syndicate who have money to invest. Absolutely nothing else.

I am not saying Alonso is wonderful but he has connections to wealth in particular Indonesian wealth. Oseman Odang and Pieter Tanuri both have links to him. He had role at Real Madrid and that is place which attracts money and it has obviously enabled him to get connections in far East. 

DC has learned the hard way that running a football club costs a lot of money £20 million a year effectively goes down the drain each year. His talk of investors suggests he was looking for help in funding the club. Alonso  was definitely advising club and you have to ask how he got into this role? DC acknowledged he was doing this at one point.  Nixon tweeted about two groups trying to appoint a manager, only explanation that offers any semblance of sense is another party was on seen and was hoping to have future stake in club.

I am quite certain their has been an offer for club and for some body to make offer they will have had to have had a close look at club. This suggests their was probably something planned prior to the club getting a points deduction. DC only wanting a manager to end of season why is this? Also many contracts were being offered in last 18months were very short term (12 to 24 months). this is somebody planning to get out or reduce holding in club and possibly has deal on table once problems with EFL resolved.

Alonso leaving and saying irreconcilable differences why do this? It suggests some agreement or arrangement had been entered into. His previous tweet saying shareholder was probably what was planned, it just makes you look foolish if no basis on reality.

He was obviously peeved by individuals saying he had no money hence tweet and then thought best not to get involved. 

All agents are shady customers but he does front some money and most certainly made bid for club in region of what is being stated. 

I have no idea if he would be any better than DC and his team but club could not be managed any worse than they currently are being at this time. 

How do you know all this to be the case?

So far the only thing we know about Alonso is from DC’s mouth and Alonso’s bizarre internet presence which raises more questions than answers.

What we know:

He is an adviser, nothing special - from DC himself.

He is an agent with a questionable LinekdIn profile where a lot of things don’t add up. And he has an habit of going public with his dealings - huge red flag in my opinion. 

Your guessing that he’s connected to wealth. I should sincerely hope whoever is the money behind Alonso (if this is the case) they tell him to stop speaking on social media. If they are legitimate they wouldn’t want him doing that I’d imagine. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

So far the only thing we know about Alonso is from DC’s mouth and Alonso’s bizarre internet presence which raises more questions than answers.

What we know:

He is an adviser, nothing special - from DC himself.

He is an agent with a questionable LinekdIn profile where a lot of things don’t add up. And he has an habit of going public with his dealings - huge red flag in my opinion. 

Your guessing that he’s connected to wealth. I should sincerely hope whoever is the money behind Alonso (if this is the case) they tell him to stop speaking on social media. If they are legitimate they wouldn’t want him doing that I’d imagine. 

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Does the club really need this during a relegation fight ahead of a huge game tonight.

Sigh.

Probably not but from the bidders point of view it's perfect timing. Best time to buy is when everything seems bleak and at rock bottom.

What with covid, our position and our financial situation, it's the perfect time to buy us. The word here is POTENTIAL and way to the Premiership money.

It's a gamble for everyone. Why do people buy scratch cards ?.........a chance to win big money or........end up with a worthless bit of cardboard. 

Buyers see something that others overlook maybe. Alonso has been the man on the "inside"...........a mole ?..........a spy ?......planted by the consortium in Indonesia ?

Who knows but at least something is happening at our club.  Watch this space, it ain't over yet folks.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Because that’s what we’ve been told. 

That’s all there is in the public eye.

Think about it this way. Would people interested in buying the club want their front man to be liking tweets on social media slagging off the man they’re trying to buy the club from.

I doubt it.

lol

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Think about it this way. Would people interested in buying the club want their front man to be liking tweets on social media slagging off the man they’re trying to buy the club from.

I doubt it.

lol

Whilst you're laughing you're also seemingly blissfully unaware of how an aggresssive takeover works

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The PL dream, as far as Chansiri is concerned anyway, is over IMO.

If we couldn't get out of this league with the kind of expenditure/players we had before, then how in God's name can we do it now?

With a different system, yes it's possible, but Chansiri is either unwilling or unable to change it.

Wherever Channers goes, there goes Paxo, and with him choosing the players to buy it's hopeless.

Whilst I agree I cannot see it in any way working, I'm not the one who would make a huge loss to sell now and could stand to gain a huge amount if it was somehow turned around. 

We were 1 game away from the Premiership. We're a million miles away from that now. 

But like I said I cant imagine too many business owners would just want to write off £Xm's (unless they were in dire straits) when they think theres a chance, however remote, of making a huge chunk of it back, so long as they can continue to fund the ongoing losses (which can he?) thats the burning question i suppose for me.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Whilst you're laughing you're also seemingly blissfully unaware of how an aggresssive takeover works

I think people who think DC wants to sell the club are incredibly wide off the mark.

I really don’t think there’s much to see here other than an agent trying to make a name for himself getting his name banded about in the media.

Will hold my hands up if proven wrong.